Untangle + NIC = Compatible?

Should do, but depending on how much traffic you are pulling thru i would get a pair of decent nics.

Should do, but depending on how much traffic you are pulling thru i would get a pair of decent nics.

Agreed....even though Realtek is one of the more popular ones out there..doesn't mean it's good...they're just cheap common entry level NIC chipsets.

I stick with the onboard Intels that most good small form factor business desktops have, and slap another Intel or 3COM in the PCI slot if I need a second one.

Agreed....even though Realtek is one of the more popular ones out there..doesn't mean it's good...they're just cheap common entry level NIC chipsets.

I stick with the onboard Intels that most good small form factor business desktops have, and slap another Intel or 3COM in the PCI slot if I need a second one.

The intel PRO 100 Series has been the most rock solid line of nics i have used. It all depends on what you pay for really.

yes go with intel nics, they are great for all those *nix router distros, I have smoothwall with 4 intel nics and all my *nix computers use intell nics

actually they are about $35 a pop for the gigabit model so it's not that bad, they are worth it, never had issues with intell nics in any linux systems, the drivers are easy to get and constantly updated.

actually they are about $35 a pop for the gigabit model so it's not that bad, they are worth it, never had issues with intell nics in any linux systems, the drivers are easy to get and constantly updated.

Theyre abot $40 here, might get 4 for my router.

Theyre abot $40 here, might get 4 for my router.

If you really want 4 and don't care for gigabit on the router, consider something like the DFE-570TX, I had one in a pfsense box, no issues whatsoever. I picked mine up for $50 two or three years ago.

If you really want 4 and don't care for gigabit on the router, consider something like the DFE-570TX, I had one in a pfsense box, no issues whatsoever. I picked mine up for $50 two or three years ago.

cheers! Im in a math lesson right now but il take a look when i get home.

Back