Dude Recived 2 9600GT by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the 9600GT will slot below the 8800GT performance wise, so unlucky guy!, he best return it.

he should sell it to some noob on ebay. just type like....UNREALESED!!! 9600GT! 2 in SLI will kill a 8800gt! BUY IT!

Well right now they're trying to identify the core on PCB. Unfortunately, the owner hasn't responded yet.

as of right now it looks like the real deal...hopefully the guy can get a decent pic of the core posted.

Tough to believe until we get some decent pics. Also, how would the guy who sold them get them? Raid a lab? :confused:

How convenient that his pictures are blurry where they need to be (i.e. over the serial numbers). And despite a dozen pictures, he doesn't take any pictures of the box.

Good way for an nvidia marketing employee to work around an NDA! Every picture he took has already been seen from Hardspell's pictures

Im pretty sure that was a serious hoax. Seriously, those are such blurry pictures. and they are only blurry when it COUNTS :rolleyes:

Yeah, wtf how can he manage to take like 11 blurry photos... and still post them like "im not good with camera".

6 year olds can auto focus a camera.

It's only natural that 2 9600gt's would show up on Craigslist, because we all know that only cutting edge technology shows up on Craigslist :D

huge hoax, apparantly. it wouldn't be that hard to peel off the stickers of a pair of 8800GT's, mod the BIOS with nibitor to anything you want it to show up as in GPU-Z, and then take a few blurry inconclusive pictures by fuxing up the focus on your camera lol.

the question is WHY. attention whore?

Looks to me like he took an 8800GT moded the bios and installed some fucked up driver. Everything about it screams fake to me. Everything about it is identical to the 8800GT and every picture that would prove it to be anything else is fuzzier than shit and i mean too fuzzy i have a $20 wal-mart no name webcam that takes better still pictures.

gotta be a joke solely due to the fact he said he purchased these on craiglist. Who has had them long enough to sell them.., pass them off as 8800gt's, and not realise what they really have?

1. Far fetched story: Check
2. Blurry pictures: Check
3. Username contains "X": Check

Yep, bullshit.

Meh. The 9600GT is mid-range at best. If it's true the guy got ripped off, but who would raid a lab for mid-range cards?

How can anyone believe him when he refuses to take pictures that you can CLEARLY see what he is talking about. What a bloody tool.

hi,

I tend to say fakes just by the pictures. I cannot believe one can have that many blurry shots. However it is quite possible that it could be some kind of publicly stunt to get people fired up for the 9000 series Nvidia cards. However, some of my dealings with Craigslist, I tend to think some of the people do not know what a computer is never mind the actual tech in them.

Later,
shaggy

This isn't the first time I've read of pre-production units being accidentally sold on Craigslist...

he's got them for sale on ebay now for $1K http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140198805857

* mods, if this is against forum rules let me know and i'll take down the link. it's relevant to the thread topic :D

Good find, the scary part is he'll probably find somone stupid enough to buy them.

This was his response over on PCPerspecive when I mentioned that $1000 seemed a bit to steep....

"nothing is too steep, lol i wanna TRI-SLI with ULTRAS LOL!"

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php?p=4200080&postcount=17

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hate it when people can not take pictures worth crap. LEARN TO USE A CAMERA.

I hate it when people can not take pictures worth crap. LEARN TO USE A CAMERA.

I know! If it's blurry, re-take the picture. If it's still blurry try changing some of the camera settings until you can take a clear picture....:confused:

I just checked the thread again, and he has an interesting point. TPU has a story on their main page about the 9600GT and it looks exactly the same as that Xanax guy or w/e.

Still, short of a clear pic showing the core...

Hi,

That auction the guy was placing on E bay just ended at 12:34 PM PST. No bids. I wondering what is going on now. Now it is really looking fishy.

later,
shaggy

He says he working on a deal to sell them off ebay.

I wonder who would buy them?

Heh, he wasn't the one who happened to snap that shot of Bigfoot? was he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back