reductant

Limp Gawd
Dell Home 2408WFP

$699

PANEL INFO
S-PVA
110% color gamut (via True Color tech)
400 cd/m2 brightness
1300:1 contrast ratio (3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio)
6 ms response time
178/178 horizontal/vertical viewing angle
Non-glossy
40-60 ms input lag

INPUTS
DisplayPort
HDMI (480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p)
DVI-D-HDCP x2 (480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p)
VGA
Component (480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p)
S-video
Composite

OTHER INFO
4x USB
Memory card reader
3-year warranty
1:1/Normal/Fill
Tilt, swivel, pivot stand
HDMI Audio Output (3.5 mm line-out)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to manual it does support 1080P on HDMI
Video Supported Modes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video display capabilities (DVI playback) 480p/576p/720p/1080p (Supports HDCP)
Video display capabilities (Composite playback) NTSC/PAL
Video display capabilities (S-Video playback) NTSC/PAL
Video display capabilities (HDMI playback) 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p
Video display capabilities (Component playback) 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why no update on the styling over the 2407 WFP? Hmmm I do prefer the old one but it's like what is the difference the panel is still S-PVA I'm assuming.

Looks like my new monitor has arrived... I just hope the panel lives up to the epic connectivity.

At present, this is looking rather good on paper. I expect hardforum members will insist on knowing the usual VITAL points of information:

1. Input Lag vs. CRT
2. Color Quality (outofbox / calibrated)
3. 1:1 pixel mapping & other resolution modes
4. Panel type and any lottery with lower quality parts

I think back to about a year ago when the BenQ was the subject at hand.

Sadly I don't think we have come too far in the last year in terms of the advancement of 24" panels: mostly modest evolutionary steps as opposed to revolutionary ones.

At present, this is looking rather good on paper. I expect hardforum members will insist on knowing the usual VITAL points of information:

1. Input Lag vs. CRT
2. Color Quality (outofbox / calibrated)
3. 1:1 pixel mapping & other resolution modes
4. Panel type and any lottery with lower quality parts

I think back to about a year ago when the BenQ was the subject at hand.

Sadly I don't think we have come too far in the last year in terms of the advancement of 24" panels: mostly modest evolutionary steps as opposed to revolutionary ones.

Well, for console gamers, LCD monitors have come a long way in the past year. It's like engadget editor ryan block said, 2008 is the year of increasing usability, not such a great year for technological advancements.

Why no update on the styling over the 2407 WFP? Hmmm I do prefer the old one but it's like what is the difference the panel is still S-PVA I'm assuming.

I'm sure 2407wfp users who thought about using a dual monitor setup are loving the same visual style.

I have a 2407-HC and was thinking of getting a second one. This is perfect.

Nice find.

Looks really nice on paper. I'm looking forward to some reviews and panel info.

I'm sure 2407wfp users who thought about using a dual monitor setup are loving the same visual style.

Wouldn't they be going for another 2407WFP in that case? Exactly the same style, same brightness, etc.

Quick, someone buy one and do testing! This looks like it should be my next monitor...dual 24"s would be sweet.

Do you have any ghosting on the HC?

I honestly haven't noticed any ghosting on my 2407-HC (or inverse ghosting). I guess a lot of people have issues with this monitor, but it is serving me well. I've played everything on it, including PS3 games.

2407WFP-HC just went down 100$ with "instant savings" from $699 to $599 on Dell's website.

I think I'm going to wait for a used 2407 non HC Rev A004 to fall down further on ebay since the new model is out.

still too pricey for me :( i got my 2405 for like 790 years ago, i vowed never to pay so much for a monitor again lol

Quick, someone buy one and do testing! This looks like it should be my next monitor...dual 24"s would be sweet.

Dual 24's is sweet, I had dual 2407's for awhile but just wasn't using all that space on the 2nd monitor. The idea of having it was exciting but once I had it, I realized the 2nd monitor was hardly getting used, mainly to play my 360 on. I sold one of them and bought a Samsung LN-T3753H 37" LCD TV to hook up my PS3/360 to. I think that a 24" with a 17" flipped vertical would be better for me. I've been happy with my 2407 so far. I have a 17" CRT as a 2nd monitor now. It's not as pretty but it works fine for what I use it for.

Looks nice, but still to pricey. I keep my 2007 Ultra sharp panel a few more years. I want a 24inch, but no decent panels out atm that are priced decently.

The Dell 3008WFP is also out today for $2k (3007WFP-HC is now $1050). Still too bad the 2408WFP is not showing up anywhere except Small Business.

The Dell 2008WFP is also out today for $2k (2007WFP-HC is now $1050). Still too bad the 2408WFP is not showing up anywhere except Small Business.
Are you crazy? There's no way they'd charge that much for a 20" monitor... unless you meant the 3008WFP / 3007WFP respectively :p

Hopefully the 2408 fixes/improves some of the "faults" that annoyed some of us 2407HC users. I loved my 2407HC until I started noticing the input lag and inverse ghosting.
Can't wait for a full review.

Dual 24's is sweet, I had dual 2407's for awhile but just wasn't using all that space on the 2nd monitor. The idea of having it was exciting but once I had it, I realized the 2nd monitor was hardly getting used, mainly to play my 360 on. I sold one of them and bought a Samsung LN-T3753H 37" LCD TV to hook up my PS3/360 to. I think that a 24" with a 17" flipped vertical would be better for me. I've been happy with my 2407 so far. I have a 17" CRT as a 2nd monitor now. It's not as pretty but it works fine for what I use it for.

I don't have space for a big tv. With dual 24"s i could do multimonitor WiC or play Eve online while watching a movie side by side...or even dual Eve clients side by side. I'm sure I would put both to good use one way or another.

I really doubt it's an S-IPS since there really aren't a lot of those for 24'' besides the ones NEC uses.

I am guessing it's still S-PVA, but I would really like to know what panel its using.

I could really use that HDMI port right now.. (2407 owner)

Are those specs right? 1080i/p, mainly the p, over component? I know component technically can, but I haven't seen many that do.

6ms response time makes me theorize it's S-PVA not S-IPS. Also, aren't all the 2407s S-PVA panels (and 2405FPWs are PVA)? I imagine it would follow the trend...

I could really use that HDMI port right now.. (2407 owner)

Are those specs right? 1080i/p, mainly the p, over component? I know component technically can, but I haven't seen many that do.

It works fine on the 3008!

Should we expect a few revisions before they get it right as per usual?

The pic they use is most probably not the 2408 monitor but the lower end e248wfp ... what is good is there are 3 digital connections... what it lacks would be a display port for future compatibility... not that the panel has the capability of more than 16.7 million colours to begin with...

likely brushed aluminium like the 3008/2707?... would be nice if the kept the black bezel..

Should we expect a few revisions before they get it right as per usual?

1st revision already doesnt support 16:9 and 4:3 scaling modes.

So don't expect to view anything over composite/s-video or anything 480i/p (Nintendo Wii) without distortion.

1st revision already doesnt support 16:9 and 4:3 scaling modes.

So don't expect to view anything over composite/s-video or anything 480i/p (Nintendo Wii) without distortion.

Crap, can anyone/anything confirm this? There goes my hope of getting a monitor anytime this century...

I would have to have rocks in my head to buy this over the Gateway 24"..

Thank you for that fantastic contribution to the topic. It's great to see such a polite way of disagreeing with people, and then a series of well thought out and comprehensive points as to why the Gateway is better.

Back