1/17 - Antec P180 Silver Mid Tower Case $45AR +FS today only!

Frys has the Antec P180 (same deal as P182) 1/17 only with FS. $94.99 - $50MR = $45 shipped.

Price on site says $139.99. Add to cart to get correct price and FS. Also, a lot of people have reported getting the P182, just in the P180 case.

Is this the same case as the P182 except in a different color, or are there differences between the two cases.

Anyone in the San Jose area interested in the P182 instead of the P180, PM me. I picked up a new P182 a couple of days ago on the last hot deal and will likely not keep it.

Very, very, very nice case (best cable management of any case I've ever owned) but not 8800 Ultra friendly due to length of the GPU. With the Ultra in place, the top HD drive is un-usable.

Case is otherwise brand new, if you want it, just pay me what I paid at the store ($102.83) and you deal with the rebate. Otherwise, I'll return it to the store - but figured I'd give another [H]'er a chance to keep it at the good price.

Let me know.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Another case I don't need but so desperately want!

Here's hoping it sells out before I get off work and buy it, like the 182 and 900 have done...:rolleyes:

Is this the same case as the P182 except in a different color, or are there differences between the two cases.

Cable management is improved on the 182. But from what I hear, the latest version of the p180 has the motherboard holes for cable management anyways. Can anyone confirm this?

From what people said in other forums, P180 v1.0 isn't being shipped anymore and these are really P180 v1.1 which is functionally the same as P182. Although I won't know for a fact whether it's really a 1.1 or a P182 until I receive mine (assuming they don't cancel me... been processing for about 8 hrs)

I bought the original P180 a couple of years ago when it first came out and now have had the P182 for a couple of days.

The P182 is considerably better than the "original" p180 due to the cable management features. If the rev. 1.1 of the p180 includes the cable management holes, then the p180 v1.1 should be just as good as the p182, short of the better looking gun-metal color on the p182 IMO.

There are several things on any of the p18x cases that they haven't improved, which I hope they will in the near future:

1) more space all around in the lower compartment to house bigger PSU's and comfortably fit a fan without having to buy a separate 120x120x20mm fan and literally wedging it in there

2) more space to use longer GPU's up top; put a GTX or Ultra in and you lose your upper HD cage and are limited to 4 or less HD's

They kinda addressed these issues with the P190 by making it a few inches longer but who wants to pay the $400 and have to yank out the two non-descript PSU's they include in that case!!!

If there is a risk that it won't have the holes in it I think I'll pass. I don't really need a new case until the semester is over and the p182 is bound to go on sale again before then. Hopefully at a joint more reputable than Fry's who canceled my p182 order yesterday.

1.1 has holes for watercooling. In terms of differences between 1.1 and P182, there are probable some subtle changes, but I haven't been able to figure out what they are (people giving contradictory/uninformed info who may not have the cases). holes are a yes though

1.1 has holes for watercooling. In terms of differences between 1.1 and P182, there are probable some subtle changes, but I haven't been able to figure out what they are (people giving contradictory/uninformed info who may not have the cases). holes are a yes though

To try to clear things up, the newest version of the P180, and the only version shipping AFAIK, is the same as the Gun metal P182.

There have actually been 3 versions of the p180. The first version had a VGA duct, the 2nd removed the duct and added ventilation to the back panel (among other things). That was in 2006.

The 3rd version, incorporates all the changes that the gun metal p182 has. The differences between the original p180 and the p182 are listed here (scroll down) SPCR's editor, Mike Chin, helped design the case.

I have the newest version of the p180, and everything in that list is in mine (except the snake light which is only on the SE model). So the only difference to the regular p182 is color.

Awesome deal, too bad I don't need another case.

Hate to add any (more) confusion to the group . . . but I was just at Fry's during lunch and their Santa Clara store (and others) have the old school P180's sitting on the shelf as well i.e. no holes for cable management.

If you order online, I don't know where they ship it from. But if you do store pickup like I did earlier this week for the P182, they just take a box right off the shelf.

Hate to add any (more) confusion to the group . . . but I was just at Fry's during lunch and their Santa Clara store (and others) have the old school P180's sitting on the shelf as well i.e. no holes for cable management.

If you order online, I don't know where they ship it from. But if you do store pickup like I did earlier this week for the P182, they just take a box right off the shelf.

Those were probably just old stock from that store/open box or something. A guy on AT went to Frys and was told it was online only. So my bet is it's all v1.1's

Just got the P180 in the mail a few minutes ago. Anyone know how to tell if it is v1.0 or 1.1?

If it's 1.1 it will have cable management holes in top and side of the mobo tray, and it will have 2 rubber gaskets in the back for watercooling. I got mine from Fry's yesterday and it is revision 1.1 (has the mobo holes/ wc gaskets) :D

If you've cut out your UPC code, you'll notice the revision of the case. I received mine yesterday (ordered on the 17th, of course; OH to CA), rev1.1 with the cable management stuff.

Back