Intel price list/price drop schedule @ vr-zone

I wonder if the Q9450 will actually arrive on 20 Jan. I'm under the impression that It's a March/April part.

Or are we back to soft launches with the lift of embargo?

Either way, I can wait :)

I hope this is true im looking forward to getting a 9450 for my DAW.

Does the Q6700 have a better "ocability" than Q6600. I'm thinking of upgrading to that instead of the newer 45nm parts due to the low multiplier.

Any chance of me hitting 4x100 with Q6700? :D

I'm passing out on the newer 45nm parts since I have a cheap DDR800 ram and I don't think it will any higher but I haven't actually test it though.

Don't you think the 7.5 multiplier is a little low?

I'm not too sure I wouldn't be pushing it too hard. I'm thinking straight FSB overclock will do. I'm wondering what kind of overhead it will have have. Also I can't afford the extreme versions.

i dont get all the naming

celeron
celeron dual core
pentium dual core
core 2 duo
core 2 quad
core 2 extreme

i hope they drop the single core and by the looks of the chart they are. hope this will usher in a new age of software that will utilize more then 1 core. dualcore has been around for too long to only have a hand full or apps and games that actually use them.

next they need to drop the pentium line. they are pretty much the same as a C2D. why have a different name to confuse people. they have too many processor to begin with the e8200 and the e8190 they look to be the same ! they cant differ that much why have two names,

should be
core 2 celeron
core 2 duo
core 2 quad
core 2 extreme ( i would drop this too but i understand it is a selling point for people who have to buy the fastest thing on the market )

50 dollar drop isn't worth waiting till april for a Q6600. Just get one now imo.

Q9450 now please :(

50 dollar drop isn't worth waiting till april for a Q6600. Just get one now imo.

Q9450 now please :(

I'm with you brother, its killing me. I preordered from NCIX and found out that i was bound to a certain supplier, which pissed me off and i just decided to cancel and wait til someone comes out with them INSTOCK. I will snatch it up in a SECOND.:D

So...Is there Not a new lineup of Xeon's or do most people not ask so much and it gets left out of these types of posts?

I have looked at a few price/release date tables and none mention xeon so far for this year, is it just left out of most lists or is there not going to be any newer versions as of yet?

wow, intel is making dual-core celeron now? what's after quad core, octo core or something?

There's a stack of either preorders (if you czall TankGuys $5 slot in line a preorder) to a number of back orders online now.

The only one I'd personally trust is TankGuys.

We'll see when the 9450 actually hits.

Price drops on the Q6600s look very nice. I think I'll go ahead and buy an E6550 and upgrade to quad this summer! Kind of depressing to read that I'll be able to buy a quad for less than half what I paid for this dinosaur 560J though. :(

No problem here.

Q6700 @ 4.1Ghz

Does the Q6700 have a better "ocability" than Q6600. I'm thinking of upgrading to that instead of the newer 45nm parts due to the low multiplier.

Any chance of me hitting 4x100 with Q6700? :D

I'm passing out on the newer 45nm parts since I have a cheap DDR800 ram and I don't think it will any higher but I haven't actually test it though.

Nice list, thanks for the link!

Nice list, thanks for the link!

That is a nice list.

Only the Q9450 has a chance of unseating the Q6600 I plan on buying (fifty percent more cache, same TDP of 95W, and only $50 more).

I don't see Q6600 lasting long past Q1, however (price cut of only $42; worse, Q9300 remains at old Q6600 price of $266 and Q6700 drops to same price on 4/20).

E66xx/67xx: Plowed under. (They are all EOLed; expect a big inventory-reduction sale next month to clear the decks for the new Wolfdales.)

However, the entry-level quads (Q6600 now, and Q6700 on 4/20, along with Q9450 this week) are major bargains (whicle still admittedly overkill for most usage).

Back