Apple Users “Assured” Of Their Own Superiority

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a PC user and you get the feeling those Mac guys act like they are better than you, don’t feel bad, they actually think they are better than you. Think I’m kidding? This new study confirms what Apple commercials have taught us for years…Apple users think they are better than everyone else. Here is a snip from the press release (because apparently these things need press releases now). Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

According to Mindset Media, Mac enthusiasts descending on San Francisco in droves this week to see the latest Apple innovations are apt to have a lot in common with the open-minded, liberal population they will find there. The study, with a robust sample of 7,500 respondents, revealed that people who are highly open-minded or, in Mindset Media parlance, "Openness 5's", are 60 percent more likely than people in the general population to have purchased a Mac. These purchasers are also more liberal, less modest, and more assured of their own superiority than the population at large.

I’m not kidding on this one, they even have a chart that shows how they came to this conclusion (like we need a chart to know they are snobby)

Well, hell yes they are superior.
They own systems that some else tells them are good, cant be upgraded, and are more expensive than us pedestrians who own PCs.

I am inferior. Please forgive me.

So a group of people who allow themselves to be controlled by a corporate dictator is better than me? Maybe if the were not so ignorant they would take their heads out of their back sides.

Yes, please forgive me for being so "uncool.":rolleyes:

mac nazi's, however sophisticated they fancy themselves, still do bone-headed things to their machines and keep my pc-loving ass gainfully employed.

They should have their own island to live on, so they can give each other reach arounds with superiority.

I own one Mac...

and its surrounded by 6 PCs. Come out with your hands up! :p :D

Well, hell yes they are superior.
They own systems that some else tells them are good, cant be upgraded, and are more expensive than us pedestrians who own PCs.

I am inferior. Please forgive me.

It's actually worse than that. They are not only paying more for this hardware, but this hardware uses PC parts. Oh yes, they are indeed teh 5/\/\4r7.

This study had far too many variables....I'm still wondering if the important factor is Mac people or the fact it was in San Francisco....

Honorable
Order of
Macintosh
Operators

Those H.O.M.Os are a bunch of asses.

Note: I stole that joke from PVP. :]

Sounds right in line with liberal thinking.

They take away more choices because they think they know whats best for you. (social programs)

Do they smell their own farts too?

south_park_smug.jpg

Lol I was thinking of that exact episode of South Park :p

How can you be "open minded" when you are so assured of your Mac's superiority to everything else that you refuse to listen to any kind of claim to the contrary?. That's liberalism for ya...

"Liberal open minded people who fancy themselves better than others"
But must not know jack about computers or care to learn before they make such a large purchase. Same kind of sheep who think harleys are awesome. Well maybe not quite as bad, atleast Macs have a little build quality but still.

So if I want to pretend to be narcissistic I should just buy a mac and tell everyone I know how I think it's so much better than a pc.......Wait a minute all that does is make me ignorant and an asshole.

Don't group the [H] Apple Products guys with these Mactards... nobody *here* is that stupid.

And I hope to god nobody here wants a MacBook Air, if you do, I'm sorry, your 4200RPM PATA HDD and non-user-replaceable battery will not console you however.

Do they smell their own farts too?

south_park_smug.jpg
Hahaha, exactly.

Most of these people are people with no skills in any category who call themselves "artistic". Last time I checked that actually implied you're good at creating some sort of art. I've got more artistic skill in my right hand (granted that's really the only hand I need to hold a mouse, pencil and brush), except I also have a brain so I use a PC for all my graphical needs.

Well, at least if we get news of a smug alert, we'll know whose fault is.

How can you possibly have any remotely "scientific" study about mac users without addressing marketing? The only advertisements you see for a PC as some sort of platform are the slide rule and bong hit ads apple puts out themselves, which actually are apple vs microsoft not "PC".

I also found much humor in the macheads that touted apple (IBM powerPC?) superiority over intel in marketing benchmarks for years until apple actually started using intel CPUs/chipsets. Guess what? Macs were all of a sudden were 4X faster (random made up stat for marketing effect) and their cult following praised them, while at the same time admitting they had the same marketing dick in their ass for the years prior.

Apples successes in recent years have all been heavily influenced by marketing, and that is the one area in which they truly continue to innovate.

Whatever. Mac elitists are elitists, and any type of elitist is an asshole. This survey surveyed the most elite of the mac elitists (it was at macworld, right? These are people paying money to hear what the prophet Jobs will let them buy soon). Maybe the mac people would describe some people here as being PC elitists.

But why is it always with the Mac/Apple bashing? Sure, a lack of choices means a bored enthusiast, but the rest of the world doesn't necessarily want or have time for choice, and for them, Macs are a real boon. My mom had a PC for many years, but it wasn't until she got her Macbook Pro that she really started using a computer to do real stuff. When I've got a spot of programming to do, I turn to my mac to get my work done quickly. When I want to play games or tinker, my PC is the obvious choice.

speaking of condescending assholes

:) Just messing around. I personally know 1 or 2 "normal" mac users who aren't dicks. I have met quite a few the live up to the I'm better than you mentality. Even though they have no idea what they're talking about. In reality at this point a mac computer is closer to a HP or a Dell prebuilt with overpriced proprietary replacement parts and a descent non windows OS that final cut pro is coded for.

I have a Macbook, and am intending to buy an MBP in the near future.

But I will openly admit that Mac Users are the biggest bunch of egotistical, hypocritical, nonsensical, blinkered, idiotic morons I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

Doug

Just for full disclosure, I have a desktop PC (just upgraded, Q6600@3Ghz, 8800GT, 8Gb Ram, Win XP64). I have also find exactly the same vile traits in PC users a great deal. The Apple apologists are the ones I really hate. The new Mac Book Air is a lovely piece of design, but I don't want one. So some Apple fanboy says I must be too poor, because everyone knows that with money no object, we'd all have a Mac Pro and a Mac Book Air. What sort of moron presumes that? With unlimited cash, I'd have neither! Then I question the sense of it's $99 optical drive being locked to the MBA so it can't be used for anything else, and I'm slated for questioning Apple's right to make money. I ask why they don't put options for the new taskbar or dock (which I don't like) into the system settings menus, and some blinkered moron tells me that's because that would 'reduce productivity'. So I hunt for some fecking terminal command that does it instead - how's THAT blood productive!

Apple could genuinely release a dog turd, put a $999 tag on it, and there are Apple fans who would defend it to the hilt. That's why they get away with over-priced computers. The £1600 MacBookPro is no better a laptop than a £1000 machine from any normal laptop manufacturer, The MacBook is a £600 laptop with a £900 price tag. Yet there are a core of Apple nut jobs who will happily think that's OK. I don't - I bitch and moan.

But the fact I can use OSX and Keynote to give lectures and ISIS3 for space image processing justifies every single penny. I wouldn't recommend a Mac to anyone though. To expensive, too elitist, too fragile.

The only other really comparable mind set, and Ferrari Formula One fans. They can be even worse.

Doug

Something I heard a long time ago and use to this day to deal with most Apple power trips...
"So... you think your Mac can do anything my PC can do? Lemme see you RIGHT-CLICK."
And of bloody course Apple users are on a superiority trip. Spend that much more on a PC and you damned well better be 100% sure you're getting something for it.
And I'm not Mac bashing here, they make good product for the most part and they do listen to their user base (my iPhone lacking ringtones and an SDK notwithstanding) so they get a lot of loyalty.
Hey, it could be worse. Macs are an existing product. Have you ever spoken to an Amiga fan? They still exist, and still throw money at upgrading a central motherboard running off a 68K processor.

One thing I'll give Steve Jobs credit for is disproving the old adage that "You can't polish a turd", since polished turds are exactly what made him a billionaire. He's still a douchebag though :p.

How about claiming to be innovating when their whole OS is a bad interface built on top BEOS kernel? When I say bad interface part is that I don't like the gui but the more important thing is there is no simple why to configure OS. You want to change a setting you deal with menus that leave you guessing if your in the right location files the OS can see and want you to change but you can't see unless you are root, and even then you still can't access the tree just to fix some config file. What is worse is this a a flavor of nix when it comes right down to it with not of the parts of nix that make it is useful. I deal with apple people in the cg industry and they are the worst offenders, by far an 8 core anything should render faster than an old dual core, but anything except ps will run slower and ps is only faster because of hardware instruction sets which are now on the pc in sse4. The real sad thing is those same apps run faster on nix than windows.

Back