Battlefield 2142 $10 at CC

I ordered one for in store pick up last night since it was already out of stock for delivery. Looks like it is still alive if your local stores have some.

even then i'd be cautious.. i bought a copy from cc a few months ago, and without a decent computer to run it on, i waited until i went home for winter break to play it.

cdkey already in use, and yet i have the original cdkey card, circuit city wont take it back since it was outside of their return period, so i guess it's my fault for not trying it out immediately.

i think they resold a previous returned item, so now i have to send EA $10 + the cdkey card to get a new key.

Placed an online order for this. They called me and said they couldnt locate the normal version and would give me a $24 gift card instead. So I grabbed a copy of the Delux edition for about 7 bucks after tax. Thanks for the game OP hehe ;)

Sweet deal, thanks OP! Northside in Spokane, WA still has 'em, at least they did before I ordered one.:)

Didn't this game have problems with Vista? Has that been cleared up?

This is a no widescreen game too isn't it?

Apparently STALKER can be had at this same price in-store.

CC has the worst time updating their prices on PC games...

Apparently STALKER can be had at this same price in-store.
Have a link to who reported that?

edit: n/m found the thread at CAG. :D

I'm going back to CC to pick up some cheap games.

The list (note that some are YMMV):
STALKER - $10.00
Rainbow 6 Vegas - $10.00
PREY - $6.50
Call of Juarez - $5.00
Dark Messiah of Might and Magick - $5.48
Maelstrom - $4.60

Games that I had scanned that didn't fall under the sale: Company of Heroes expansion, Dreamfall, Viva Pinata, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dawn of War(the one with all the games), Warhammer RTS, Supreme Commander

Games other people have found:

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Halo - $10.00
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
Rise of Nations ($2.50)
BF 2142 ($10)
RE: 4 ($10)
C&C Generals Deluxe ($10)
Puzzle Quest - $10
Perimeter - $2.33
bf2 booster pk $3.50
bf2 dlx $4.66
bf2 sf $4.66
combat mission anthology $7.50
counter-strike source (w/hl2 dm, dod) $10
dynasty league baseball $7.50
fifa wc 2006 $4.66
gtr: fia gt racing $2.50
it's the big game charlie brown $6
red orchestra $8.00
sid meier's railroads $4.12
stubbs zombie $4.98
super elf bowling #3.98
trainz railways $10
Defcon $8.50
Rise of nations Gold $10
Age of Mythology Gold $10
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - $3.50
DNA - $2.19 (In-store)
Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth II: The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30 (In-store)
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 (On-line)
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened -- $9.98
Fate -- $9.98
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition -- $9.98
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion -- $9.98
Galac Civ: Ultimate Edition -- $2.49
The Ship -- $2.34
Culpa Innata $10
Titan Quest $5 ********YMMV******** (it rang up for $10 for me - pxc)
rollercoaster tycoon 2 triple thrill pack...$10
darwinia...$1.40
Police Quest collection 7.50 ******YMMV********
Freelancer (old PC game) for $4.99
sid meier's railroads $4.12
battlefield 1942 for $2/3.50 *****YMMV***
medal of honor allied assault 3
Rag Doll Kung Fu $5 (really wacked out game)
Star Trek legacy $4.60
GC Dread Lords 5
Sword of the stars $8.50
Guild Wars Nightfall Collector's Edition $9.48
Perimeter:Emperer's testament: 4.66
Faces of War 4.66
Diablo 2: LOD for $10
Spellforce 2 ($4)
LOTR: BFME 5
LOTR: BFME2 5
Left Behind Eternal Forces $3-4
ShadowGrounds $3-4
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00
COD2 GOTY $10
Tomb Raider Legend - $8
Star Wars Empire at war - $8 (has to be regular...collector's edition is $38 and the one that comes bundled with the expansion is $30)
Silent Hunter - $8

edit: w00t! Despite the guy with a full red basket of PC games that I passed on the way in, I found 10 games I wanted. $44 for 10 games isn't bad, considering Titan Quest and STALKER were $10 each out of that total.

Is this game worth the purchase? Is it similar to Enemy Territory? I never got into the Battlefield or Call of Duty series and am not sure what to expect. Are there a lot of servers?

The game is fun. Similar to BF2, just more futuristic weapons/vehicles, it adds the Titan mode of gameplay.
Not as many servers though, last time I was on (about 15 min ago) there were only ~130 servers. Shoot, on BF2, just searching for one map gives that many servers.
But the upside is that most of the people left playing are good and not immature.

Drove 40 minutes to the nearest Circuit City. Here's the deals I got.

Included in above list:
Battlefield 2142 - $10
Battlefield 2 Booster Pack - $3.50

Price different from above list:
Battle for Middle Earth II - $3.50

Not on above list:
Race 07 - $7.50
Lord of the Rings, Return of the King: $3.50

Not bad at all...had several others I'm interested in on the list and maybe some others that would have been cheap if I got them price checked, but I'm a bit broke at the moment.

Were these prices at the register or marked on the box?
I went there and didnt see any smashing deals really.

None of these deals are marked on the box. Had to go get price checks on everything I knew should be on sale or thought might be. I mean some of these games are really old and clearly are not the $40 that is on the box but only $3.50 (lord of the rings, return of the king as an example).

A good indication that the game is at a steep discount is if it isn't listed on the CC website. Some games that are on the CC website are cheaper in stores though.

Yeah, really. I got 20 different games today for $91 + tax. The total marked on the boxes was over $570. :D

Tomorrow if any of the games on the list are still available, the prices will be double. The 50% off $19.99 and under games sale ends Saturday (today). Some people on CAG think it's possible for some games to still reflect the lower price tomorrow. I'm done so someone else can check that.

CC is still open on the west coast until 10pm, or at least all around my area are. I found a few more games listed on CAG:
The Movies $4.66
The Punisher $1.60
Battlefield 1942 Collection $3
EA Strategy Collection $2.47
IL-2 1946 $10
FEAR Extraction Point $3.29
Battlefield 2 Deluxe $4.66
Battlefield 2 Special Forces $4.66
some others I forgot...

Any game you see on the shelf with a tag of $19.99 or less is also 1/2 price today. There's a lot not on the lists, but those are pretty obvious.

If you buy this online and use instore pickup, you can use the coupon code FKAR57YAQH to get 10% off.

The coupon expires tonight (1/26) so use it fast.

Can I use these prices tomorrow ??? Or was it a one day deal !?!
Dang, I missed all the fun !
Let me know.

Based on last week's flyer, it should have already ended, but you may get lucky.

Didn't this game have problems with Vista? Has that been cleared up?

This is a no widescreen game too isn't it?

Works just fine on Vista for me. Although there is no "true" widescreen, it's pretty easy to force a widescreen resolution, although it's Vert- (i.e., the tops and bottoms are cut off compared to 4:3 screens) because EA is retarded.

Besides that, I'd say BF 2142 is a much better game than BF2 was. Just a couple of small tweaks to the gameplay (you practically trip over vehicles, but they play a smaller role than in BF2, you can get to the action much quicker, simplified class list, etc.) improve its enjoyability.

On a side note, I need to visit Circuit City more often.

Visited local CC today, 2142 is back up to $19.99 online and comes up $29.99 in store.

Wish I'd gone yesterday.

Just got Stalker for $10. It rang up for $20, but one copy out of the 3 still had the $10 price tag. The other ones I think had the $30 price tags. Of course I took the $10 one to the register. First it rang up as $20, then I pointed out the $10 price tag, the girl just changed it. What a deal. I'm so stocked up on good games thanks to this forum. :cool:

Back