Got my New ACER P243W Pics 2ms GTG

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
I just got this moniter and absolutly love it, No ghosting at all, No lag whatsoever, very minor backlight bleeding , DVI and HDMI hookups. the price is right at $399 from the egg. I have some pics of some ingame shots on PC, The Xbox 360 through the HDMI cable and i also took some pictures of my Sony HD 40 gig camcorder. Im definetly gonna grab 1 if not 2 more of these. BTW the screen is glossy as well. All in all i am so happy with my gaming expierence with this moniter i cant even imagine playing on anything else, other then my Westy 37in or Sharp 52in 92U
Picture of Packaging

Screen shot of Windows

BF2 1920X1200

Xbox 360 Burnout Paradise

Sony HD camcorder with then a Picture of a Movie being played from the camera over the HDMI cable

My little Guy FINN LOL

Robots on a Sharp 52in 92U Im gonna hook the PC up to it tonight just for kicks and see how that works.

Feel free to ask questions or if you want me to run any tests or more pics.

I plan on buying this from either Newegg or CC but I am leaning towards CC because of The Egg's Dead Pixel Policy (8 or more to return). I am mainly concerned with how the monitor looks for 360 gaming (720 and 1080) so could you give me some in-depth thoughts on it?

Also, 2 more questions:

1) Does the monitor have 1:1 pixel mapping (I'm guessing no because of the Burnout picture)?

2) How is switching between video sources (I will be doing this a lot and am wondering how quickly I would be able to do it)?

Thanks.

as far as the 1:1 mapping there is nuthin in the manuel to say either way, The xbox looks amazing on it as so does the PS3, One drawback there are no speakers. Secondly the moniter will switch to whatever source is running, If you are using the PC and a secondary source you have to swiych between them in the menu which is very easy to navigate, takes 5 or 6 seconds tops. The picture is so damn good, no ghosting at all not even the slightest trace, zero mouse lag, and it is plenty bright as well.

Hey, thanks a lot man.

I will be ordering one tomorrow I think.

If you're gonna order at Newegg, and by January 30th, be sure to get your free shipping. Code EMCABCECF at check-out.

Let me figure out how to test it and i will, I sense Zero lag and im coming from a NEC 22in CRT Fe1250+ which i love but this moniter blows it away.

Hello Marcdaddy ... have found your postings and wonder if you have any pictures of how this monitor looks from the backside.
I don't seem to find any pictures on the internet of how the stand looks like.
What I can see from the front, it looks similar to the Dell range monitors, but it would be interesting to see the design of the stand properly.

The reason for why I ask is because I'm interested in replacing my 3:4 Compaq FP1706 with a 24 inch 16:9 monitor soon.
Have read that the cheaper Acer models are not good in respects to picture quality, but this one seems to be alright.

Thank you very much in advance.

I also was looking for this monitor on egg..but I cant find it??..another person(reid18)..said we(I) can buy it at CC..did he mean CircuitCity ??
I have one a rock throw from where I live(CircuitCity) I would love to see it up close..

So it doesn't have 1:1 pixel mapping. How does PS3 picture looks? Stretched, distorted or it isn't that obvious?

Back