Star Wars Force Unleashed not on PC?

Signed. Unfortunately, many devs/publishers seem to be abandoning the PC. I no longer own or have any desire to own a console. I buy my games, and would have bought that one, provided it did not suffer consolitis too badly. So they are prolly missing out on a sale here.

I'm disappointed that developers can't come up with a better way of stopping people from cracking CD codes. Even if it is a lot more difficult to register your game in order to play it, at least give enthusiasts a chance to run your game on some nice hardware, or even their peripheral of choice... I can't stand playing any FPS on a console...

It's almost impossible to stop single-player cracking, it's quite easy to stop multiplayer... If they need internet access to play, you can typically stop them.

Star Wars Force Unleashed not on PC?

It looks that way. I first heard it was console exclusive several months ago.
They could be playing coy, and a PC release will come out down the road. But I wouldn't count on it.

Since PC sales are low they rather spend their production cost budget strictly on just consoles. By the way, aren't consoles for the 360 and ps3 are $10 more than the average PC game price? Lucas Arts isn't what it used to be 10 years, they'll go to hell with Steve Jobs.

edit: signed.

Signed, Lucas Arts games and CnC games are the only ones I buy on release date and spend the following weeks free time playing.

signed.

yet another game on a list thats going to force me to get a console if it doesn't come out no PC. heh get it? 'force' me to get a console. heh heh.

lol. Heath Ledger signed the petition.(15009)

Signed. And although i have a PS3 (only one game Resistance) i don't forsee myself ever quitting pc gaming so i hope they reconsider the pc market.

I guarantee at least half of you who are angry about this or signed that thing have downloaded a game before.

Don't give up hope. Gears of War wasn't supposed to come to the PC, but it did eventually.

As far as I know they released PC screens for Gears of War before Microsoft scooped it up for exclusive. Gamespy had pc and xbox screens up, but took them down soon after.

Much like the tale of Halo

I'm not too keen on signing petitions, they never go anywhere anyways. There must be a reason they aren't making it for PC

Probably not coming to PC because of this:
2007 Console sales: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8775&Itemid=2
2007 PC sales: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=19264

Other than WoW:Burning Crusade on the PC, no other game sold 1 million copies (next closest was WoW @ 914,000). Then it drops sharply for the next 8 (236,000-433,000 copies sold) crowded by 5 The Sims/SimCity games. The top 10 console games all sold over 1.8 million copies each (4.8 million for #1, Halo 3).

For just another Star Wars game, the Force Unleashed would probably not even crack the top 10. Lucas Arts will probably do several times more sales than it could on the PC on just a single console or handheld. Force Unleashed PC sales would just be noise for this game compared to the total.

PC gamers are probably going to be even more marginalized in the future so get used to it. ;)

I'm disappointed that developers can't come up with a better way of stopping people from cracking CD codes. Even if it is a lot more difficult to register your game in order to play it, at least give enthusiasts a chance to run your game on some nice hardware, or even their peripheral of choice... I can't stand playing any FPS on a console...

Amen, but when they do manage to come up with something to curb piracy, people hella bitch about it. Do a search on BioShock. Little do they realize that us fans of PC gaming are ruining it ourselves. We want no DRM and no copy protection, so what that does is allow others to not have to buy the game leaving consoles looking more and more attractive for developers.

if theres even a small buck to be made, lucasarts will do it. so i think it'll come to pc eventually, just give it like.. one or two years after the 360 release. their decision whether or not to port a pc version probably wont be influenced by petitions

Utter B.S. PC gamers made L.A what it is today.

What B.S that is... movies made Lucas Arts what it is today. Just because LA started on PC where does it state that they swore a blood oath to our platform. Grow up. I never took business in school but, I understand why a developer would jump ship (if indeed la did jump ship) the pc is a great platform to develop overpriced games with super high graphics with little to no mass appeal. Consoles are a much more intelligent business (and distrobution) investment. Get your game out to the most people, make it sell the most copies and be apprieciated by more then the niche crowd. FFS what did we expect, that the pirates wouldn't win?!?!?!

Computer games are much better we know this... but, they are killing the game industry with the bitches who don't buy the game.

If games are not released for pc it is because the graphics suck so much they won't sell. They created a huge hype that make people buy their games on graphic improvement and now the graphic won't get any better for a long while, so figure what is going to happened.

The whole pirating argument is bullshit. Most people buy their games, even on pc.

1- They want to make us believe they fail because of piracy, when it's not the case at all.
Ut3 cannot be copied and they don't sell it, this is an example. They say vista fail because of piracy but 2 months later they say publicly they prefer people to copy vista than go to linux. Nice paradox. We also know that Microsoft was telling everybody to pirate the first windows.

1.2- Let me guess, quake4 failed because of piracy, so quakewars does :rolleyes:
Must be the same thing for that overhyped crap, crysis.

2- They want to hurt the internet because it take too much place these day, like replacing cable, tv channels, phone, newspaper. The point is to let us believe the internet caps and filter is for stopping piracy while it is for stopping legit stuff. XBOX live take much more bandwidth than piracy and this was anticipated by them, so now everybody is happy because they introduced caps and nobody can use it fully. If you want to, you need to pay like 100$ a month, ISP are very happy, their trick worked. No need to upgrade their network anymore because the only thing that take bandwidth is piracy, that's total bullshit.
I bet piracy don't even take more than 5% of the internet bandwidth.

3- With all the games that got released unfinished and buggy as to be at alpha state, how many people stop buying their games and just stole them as they stole us? How many people got scammed with empire at war that had a alpha state multiplayer, how many people got scammed with word war 2 online? How many people got scammed by rome total war? So please, stop the bs, they sold crappy product and scam everybody, than they expect the same people to buy the next games they will make?

4- I heard that most games buyer don't even play multiplayers, it's like 75% of game buyer that don't play mp at all. So again you are all on the moon with "only mp games got sold"
To prove what I just said, why would they introduce anti-copy protection in mp games like ut if nobody pirate this game because it is nearly only mp?

The estimated % of piracy for games is like 5% of the sell. And people is talking like nobody copy console games, cmon, get back on earth with us. The reason why console is getting so popular is because the console buyer are all a bunch of kids easy to lame and don't know what quality mean. PC gamers in the other hand ask for much more for the same money.

One can only hope its released on PC eventually. Otherwise a 360 or ps3 is in my future, especially if GTA 4 never makes to PC (even though the last 3 did).

Maybe the real reason companies are jumping off the computer bandwagon isn't due to the piracy at all. If indeed it causes as little issue as everyone swears... maybe it's because computer users these days are finicky elitists that chop down every single game that comes out and rip it apart because their slightly overpriced game rig can't play it at blistering speeds, or because they take a simpler approach and make the game reach a larger audience. If you honestly think about how many people bitch and complain about games that come out, I don't think I would ever want to develop for the system. I think we all know that the computer wont die as a game medium, but I think that the niche market that is catered to is killing any chance of it re-blooming into our nostalgic wet dream we all know it could be

What B.S that is... movies made Lucas Arts what it is today. Just because LA started on PC where does it state that they swore a blood oath to our platform. Grow up. I never took business in school but, I understand why a developer would jump ship (if indeed la did jump ship) the pc is a great platform to develop overpriced games with super high graphics with little to no mass appeal. Consoles are a much more intelligent business (and distrobution) investment. Get your game out to the most people, make it sell the most copies and be apprieciated by more then the niche crowd. FFS what did we expect, that the pirates wouldn't win?!?!?!

Computer games are much better we know this... but, they are killing the game industry with the bitches who don't buy the game.

No need to be too harsh. But Nate, he does have a point. Lucas Arts and Lucas Film are two different entities. Lucas Arts was essential put on the map via PC's because of their earlier Adventure and Starwars sagas. It shouldn't be hard to understand why many older PC gamers get agitated and feel put out in the rain when news like this hits. I'm sure he understands the reasoning of why pirating effect PC gaming, but he can still have his own heated opinion. It will be funny however when console media gets copied just as rampantly PC - then what decisions will developers make?

Probably not coming to PC because of this:
2007 Console sales: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8775&Itemid=2
2007 PC sales: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=19264

Other than WoW:Burning Crusade on the PC, no other game sold 1 million copies (next closest was WoW @ 914,000). Then it drops sharply for the next 8 (236,000-433,000 copies sold) crowded by 5 The Sims/SimCity games. The top 10 console games all sold over 1.8 million copies each (4.8 million for #1, Halo 3).

For just another Star Wars game, the Force Unleashed would probably not even crack the top 10. Lucas Arts will probably do several times more sales than it could on the PC on just a single console or handheld. Force Unleashed PC sales would just be noise for this game compared to the total.

PC gamers are probably going to be even more marginalized in the future so get used to it. ;)

Interesting figures. It's no surprise console games sell much better than PC games. The PC games market is definitely slowing down. Why would the best developers make a PC game when they can make 10 times as much money on a console? It's a shame that there are ony a few dedicated PC games being made. Crysis for one. But the sales figures for Crysis were pathetic. All we seem to get now days are port console ports and joint developed mainstream disappointments

Once the PC games market dies then I'll probably give up games altogether.

This is a console game, just accept it. If you choose to only support one gaming platform, don't get upset when games you want come out for platforms you don't support. Just because you own a PC hardly means that developers should bend over backwards and cater to your desires.

Buy a console, and save everyone some time.

This is a console game, just accept it.
I may be wrong here, but this would be one of the few console-exclusive Star Wars title we've seen from LucasArts since the Super Star Wars series (SNES, 1992-1994) aside from the miscellaneous half-baked sequels that had some console exclusivity and little success (the Rogue Squadron series and the Racer series) and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, which isn't surprising given the target audience of that particular game.

Force Unleashed looks like a good candidate for a PC version. No particular reason there couldn't be one given the similarities between the X360 and Windows PCs.

Maybe the real reason companies are jumping off the computer bandwagon isn't due to the piracy at all. If indeed it causes as little issue as everyone swears... maybe it's because computer users these days are finicky elitists that chop down every single game that comes out and rip it apart because their slightly overpriced game rig can't play it at blistering speeds, or because they take a simpler approach and make the game reach a larger audience. If you honestly think about how many people bitch and complain about games that come out, I don't think I would ever want to develop for the system. I think we all know that the computer wont die as a game medium, but I think that the niche market that is catered to is killing any chance of it re-blooming into our nostalgic wet dream we all know it could be

Yes, you got a point. Just look like how they bashed bf2 when it got released. I mean cmon, it had only 1 serious bug and other minor bugs. But the game was pretty amazing, the new stuff they have made was very good, squad, 3d iron sight, new immersion effect, commander, voice.

Interesting figures. It's no surprise console games sell much better than PC games. The PC games market is definitely slowing down. Why would the best developers make a PC game when they can make 10 times as much money on a console? It's a shame that there are ony a few dedicated PC games being made. Crysis for one. But the sales figures for Crysis were pathetic. All we seem to get now days are port console ports and joint developed mainstream disappointments

When I look at the size of players wow has, I still believe the market is large. But you are right, there is definitely more money to make with console, that make sense to me. And I'm saying this like for 2 years now, I guess my prediction was good.

Once the PC games market dies then I'll probably give up games altogether.

Me 2!!

I may be wrong here, but this would be one of the few console-exclusive Star Wars title we've seen from LucasArts since the Super Star Wars series (SNES, 1992-1994) aside from the miscellaneous half-baked sequels that had some console exclusivity and little success (the Rogue Squadron series and the Racer series) and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, which isn't surprising given the target audience of that particular game.

Force Unleashed looks like a good candidate for a PC version. No particular reason there couldn't be one given the similarities between the X360 and Windows PCs.

I don't mind it being exclusive. My favorite SW game is still Shadows of the Empire on N64. I do believe this later came out on PC, but I still consider it to be exclusive given the time frame between the two platform releases.

You're all nuts if you seriously think piracy hasn't effected PC gaming. One big game and you'll easily see thousands of people on one little private torrent sharing site. That's only ONE site. There's A LOT of them just like it. So let's say 3,000 downloads per site and a rough guess of 100 of those sites. That's $13,500,000 in lost revenue of a $45 game. I haven't downloaded a game in years, but at least I'm being honest and realistic. Most of you probably download to this day.

You're all nuts if you seriously think piracy hasn't effected PC gaming. One big game and you'll easily see thousands of people on one little private torrent sharing site. That's only ONE site. There's A LOT of them just like it. So let's say 3,000 downloads per site and a rough guess of 100 of those sites. That's $13,500,000 in lost revenue of a $45 game. I haven't downloaded a game in years, but at least I'm being honest and realistic. Most of you probably download to this day.

Where you make a mistake is when you think 3 000 download would equal to 3 000 sell without piracy. Also if 3 000 people has downloaded it, this mean it will be copied much more than that because a lot of them are re-seller on the black market. And this is worse for console, because I bet that most that download console games are re-seller while most that download pcgames are not re-seller. So one console download might equal 10 copies.

If you still think kids with 100 copied games would buy all this game without piracy, I don't know what I can do to make you understand that most kids DON'T have the money to buy everything they have downloaded in the case piracy was not existing.

You say pc gaming has been affected by piracy, and this is the reason why the games got released for console.

Ok so how do explain you will find the same amount of people downloading console games? You think console games aren't copied? Do you ever saw how many mod-chip there is around? A guy I know was like installing 4 mod-chip a week.

On all master torrent site I've seen, there is also a console section in case you didn't notice. I think you should visit it and figure out console games get copied too. So your argument is illogic.

And torrent is just the point of this iceberg, usenet is far more popular fore re-seller. And they download at 10Mbit the first day it got released. Most of the console re-seller get their games there.

This is a console game, just accept it. If you choose to only support one gaming platform, don't get upset when games you want come out for platforms you don't support. Just because you own a PC hardly means that developers should bend over backwards and cater to your desires.

Buy a console, and save everyone some time.

You're right, I will just shell out $250 for the Wii, $350 for the 360 and another $400 for the PS3 just to make sure I have all my bases covered.

I think its stupid to abritrarily not port it to a specific platform. Console hardware is not that different from computer hardware. Plus you'd be retarded to not even do a sloppy port and miss out on sales for a product you have already created.

These petitions never accomplish anything. By the time we hear about something, the decision has already been made at the highest levels and is not getting changed.

I would have assumed that SWFU would be a sequel-esque thing to the fantastic Jedi Knight games. The MP in that game was marvelous, and I would have hoped that FU would be another MP success on PC. Lucas Farts need to be ashamed of themselves selling to every console and not putting it on PC.

Where you make a mistake is when you think 3 000 download would equal to 3 000 sell without piracy. Also if 3 000 people has downloaded it, this mean it will be copied much more than that because a lot of them are re-seller on the black market. And this is worse for console, because I bet that most that download console games are re-seller while most that download pcgames are not re-seller. So one console download might equal 10 copies.

If you still think kids with 100 copied games would buy all this game without piracy, I don't know what I can do to make you understand that most kids DON'T have the money to buy everything they have downloaded in the case piracy was not existing.

But can you prove that kids WOULDN'T buckle down and come up with the money to buy games if we live in a world where piracy wasn't possible? Didn't think so. There's really no point you can make here. You're just betting and guessing.

These petitions never accomplish anything. By the time we hear about something, the decision has already been made at the highest levels and is not getting changed.

by highest levels, I'm assuming you mean the jedi council? :p we need to get mark hamill on our side.

Back