Search TURNED OFF Temporarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas when it'll come back on? No search is making the FT/FS forum very nonuser friendly :(

Good luck with getting everything straightened out.

Any ideas when it'll come back on? No search is making the FT/FS forum very nonuser friendly :(

Good luck with getting everything straightened out.

True, i never notice how many times I use the search till it's gone. All those queries have to strain the server.

True, i never notice how many times I use the search till it's gone. All those queries have to strain the server.

They limited searching to 33 Seconds so people couldn't use the search tool to bring down the site. I guess it was just cause a little to much load so they temporarily removed.

The search server is crashing and bringing the entire forum down. It has been disabled. We are working with MySQL now to figure things out.

Hopefully everything is going well in the process of restoring the search feature.

Is there any other way to look for specific threads or items besides wading through each page and thread?

show me what you put in google to make the search. I might be doing it wrong because I get very little results.

Well, I just type in the item or subject I'm looking + Hardforums

I only get a couple of results..

Big bummer! Hope you guys get it fixed. I came into the forum today and couldn't find the search button. I was gonna do a search for search, to see what happened to it, but I couldn't do that :eek:

So, now all these people that post these smart comments, "please search for your topic", will have to keep their mouths shut :D:D We can't search for it!

Big bummer! Hope you guys get it fixed. I came into the forum today and couldn't find the search button. I was gonna do a search for search, to see what happened to it, but I couldn't do that :eek:

So, now all these people that post these smart comments, "please search for your topic", will have to keep their mouths shut :D:D We can't search for it!

As far as I know you can still use Google to search the site and the rest of the internet. :confused:

I searched for "search" using google, and it came up with this: http://www.google.com/search?q=search+site:hardforum.com

Oh look... its the 2nd link.

search.GIF

Let me reiterate the outlook here for search: Search TURNED OFF Temporarily

As it looks now it will be fairly soon, so bear with us awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back