For anyone with RAID and Vista sound stuttering.

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally figured this out. Some of you may know, some of you may not even have an issue, but if you do. I was using the INTEL controller for my RAID 0 setup and I kept getting sound stutter and mouse lag. A few times I had installed it it worked ok, but 8 times out of 10 it wouldn't. So, anyway I decided after searching and searching to try the JMicron RAID controller to see what would happen and my problem disappeared. Even made my system a bit faster. I still have a WD 750 in the Intel SATA controller, but as long as I'm not using RAID with it I have clear sound and no mouse lag. Anyway, hope this may help someone.;)

Oh, does anyone have stuttering with Nvidia boards?

i have ultimate x64 and using my nvidia raid for my raptors and don't have any sound stuttering

nvidia chipset is 650i, sound is AC-1

Yep, I think it's just the Intel controller as far as I can tell.

I have got the same problem, and it's really p***ing me off now! I have a p5k vanilla with raid0 set up on the jmicron, and unfortunately that's the only way i can have raid as the ich9 on the p5k does not support it! I've re-installed every driver, every piece of hardware, formatted both drives, re-set up raid, re-installed vista etc. etc. etc. All my efforts have improved the problem quite a bit, but still get mouse lag when hdd is working and audio files crackle or skip every 10-15 secs.
Please can someone help as i'm now considering ditching the raid!

It's the integrated raid controller on the motherboard. I had the same problem on my (now a server) Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard using a Creative Audigy. When running a hard drive not on the raid controller, it was fine. Even running sata drives on the raid controller was fine. It was only when using IDE drives with the onboard raid is when I got the sound feedback and mouse stuttering. Either get an add-in raid card or ditch raid.

Same problem here. This is the problem with vista which is why im back on XP. I have a brand new X38 based computer and your telling me i HAVE TO GO OUT AND BUY AN ADD IN RAID CONTROLLER to get it to work right?!?.....RIDICULOUS!!!! I want to use vista but it just has too many problems, even with SP1 RC i still had these problems. One thing though, after using vista for a few months then putting xp back on you realize how f*ckin slow vista is....

exactly the same problem here

although my IDE (which i barely use) isn't connected on my raid controller

Back