EvilAlchemist's Complete Farm Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
Since a few users have asked to see the entire setup & how I hide the wires and such , here it is.
Note - I have also posted the original images if you want to see them Hi-Rez.
Each Image has the Link to the Larger Photo if you want to see it.

I think the simplest thing to do it break it down into Areas and cover each one.
AreaLayout.jpg

Area #1 = Main System
Area #2 = 2 Folding Systems
Area #3 = File Server
Area #4 = Folding Farm (Behind Desk)

Area #1

From this angle, you can see the Cable Tunnels under the desk.
On the Left - System / APC 1200 UPS - On the Right Side - Speaker Sub / APC 350 UPS
Left UPS Powers - System & Left Monitor - Right UPS Powers Center / Right Monitor & Speakers

Closer Image of System and UPS

This is a behind view of the System and UPS - Wires are hidden behind / in tunnel / under desk

This view is from behind / top of UPS. Little bit of wire clutter but best that can be done

Speaker Sub & APC 350 UPS - Speaker Wires are bunched neatly and tucked behind sub.
Cable Tunnels really help in this area. Since this is in one corner of the desk, it is rarely noticed.

Area #2

2 Folding Rids (E2140's) - Dell Vostro Laptop - Monitor (For File Server in Area #3)

Closer Look at Folding Rigs - Note more Cable Tunnels under desk

Keyboard Tray for File Server in Area #3.

Area #3

File Server / APC 1200 UPS / Linksys 5 Port Gbps Switch

Moved the File Server out so the UPS can be seen

Behind / Above View of FileServer / UPS / Switch

Speakers are hung on both side of Area #3 for Surround Sound

Area #4
Farm Specs & Costs
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1263982

Folding Farm 3 x E2140's / Rounter / Cable Modem

Above view of the Wiring. Gray Cable (Crossover) run to switch in Area #3

Closer look at APC UPS 550 - Systems on Battery Protection / Router & Cable on Surge

That's a helluva setup you've got there....I've gotta play around with some of the cable tunnels in my setup, because it's a total disaster at this point

oh, and get off my threat list with all your damn computers :p

Pretty slick, my office looked like that once but i turned my back on it and now it looks like, well it looks like it is now.

Not good.

you will be running me over come april unless i win the lottery somewhere in here

Nice set up, a clean one at that... Sexy...

I need a farm since almost everybody here has one :(

Nice set up, a clean one at that... Sexy...

I need a farm since almost everybody here has one :(

lol .. When you decide to do it ... hit me up .. will get you up and running cheap.

This setup look expensive but it really wasn't.

That desk I got on clearance at Office Max. They discontinued that desk line.
Retail was $1200. Got it for $500.00 . Pretty good savings. It is Modular so you can buy only the sectionsyou want.

Got tired of chaep particle board I had to replace every two years.

On The Farm side, I know you saw my post Jon about how cheap those were!

Well, Today was the day I was gonna fire up my two new rigs in Area #2 but the mailman forgot to bring my package. Guess I will have to wait till monday.

Well that stinks. Nice setup by the way and good luck with your folding stats. If only I had enough room to fit a little folding farm like that, but alas I am working in a cramped dorm room and 2 computers is already pushing it.

Everything helps.. and it looks like your production has come up a bit recently:)

I should be pushing 1700 ppd now with the recent upgrades and smp properly installed.

(Thinking about another rig, taking current rig and getting a AM2+ mobo and 5000+BE and OC-ing the hell out of it. It add another good CPU to the mix, and give my a good upgrade path.)

BTW, Evil....

The setup is nice. Do you pay for the electric or does the CO?

I see you're a fan of the TAC5 as well. :cool: I've bought three of them and they're excellent cases. Only have one left that my Q6600 is running it now though. Might be time to invest in some more to build another Q2D to fold with, and run that puppy full throttle. ;)

Ax

Yeah, I love these Cases.
Newegg has been running them for $19.99-$29.99 (After MIR) with Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back