How long does it take you guys to boot up vista??

KPark

Limp Gawd
How long does it take you guys to boot up windows vista?

Say version and specs of your pc.

I'm just wondering.

maybe.. dunno 15 to 25 seconds.. I don't pay attention. The slowest part is the animated desktop! ;)

Stats in sig.

Here's a trick for anyone that feels Vista takes too long to start up (works on anything but a single core cpu, sorry OP :( ) >

Go to Advanced Options under Boot tab in Msconfig> Click the check box next to 'number of processors' and select in the drop down menu how many cores you have> Profit

I didn't time it but i noticed a significant decrease in my start time.

i think mine is a slow 25 <32 seconds.

2g ram, vista premium 32bit

dual core 1.8

Wait.... so, you guys turn yours off?

Weird...

Screw that, come on.... run them 24/7, join the [H]orde and Fold On!!!!

Wait.... so, you guys turn yours off?

Weird...

Screw that, come on.... run them 24/7, join the [H]orde and Fold On!!!!

for me it was the first time i had restarted in 6 days...

i dont usually restart/turn off unless i will be gone for over a week, ori restart for updates or for new hardware...

Just did it with the processor tweak in msconfig and it took 45sec from pushing the power button to ready to go on the desktop. 64bit Vista Business, C2D e6600 2.8ghz, 2gb RAM.

To be fair though, my Video Card + BIOS + Jmicron screens take about 24sec (and that is all nothing to do with the OS starting).

Here's a trick for anyone that feels Vista takes too long to start up (works on anything but a single core cpu, sorry OP :( ) >

Go to Advanced Options under Boot tab in Msconfig> Click the check box next to 'number of processors' and select in the drop down menu how many cores you have> Profit

I didn't time it but i noticed a significant decrease in my start time.

Thx for the tip, it does seem a bit faster.

last night I timed mine 2 times. once without checking the msconfig option and then checking and setting it to 2.

push power to usable desktop was just over a minute with each.
system is 4 gigs ddr2, athlon X2 4000 2.1, 80 gig WD ata 100 hd on an Asus M2A-VM

I hardly ever fully shut the machine down. Sleep mode was always something I had bad luck with. Since I've upgraded and been running vista it's been pretty awesome. It pretty much shuts he machine down completely. The power light flashes on and off slowly to let you know it's still on. press it and I'm back up and going within 10 seconds... most of that is getting the network back.

OK, 32 seconds from after post to password.

Yahoo messenger still loads on startup no matter what I seem to do to disable during startup....Starting to irritate me:eek:

for me it was the first time i had restarted in 6 days...

i dont usually restart/turn off unless i will be gone for over a week, ori restart for updates or for new hardware...

6 days? My vista business desktop hasn't been restarted in over 68 days.

Anyway I don't think it takes more then a minute or 2 to start on my system but I can't remember how long it really is as it has been a while since I've tried.

Mine (in sig) takes about 50sec to 1 minute to boot to the desktop. Part of the trouble is the extra JMicron BIOS screen (~5 seconds) and the amount of crap I have set to run at startup (Firefox, Outlook, tons of crap for work like Kerberos, OpenAFS, etc). I basically just get up in the morning, turn it on, and then take a leak. By the time I'm done, it's booted :)

Dual booting with XP Vista Ult, 41 sec from when i hit enter at the boot screen. A64, 1G ram.

From the instant when I hit the power button from a cold start it takes about a minute to get to a useable desktop. This bothers me because if I remember correctly B. Gates said that one of the new additions to Vista is a faster start-up time compared to XP. Well my XP system is like 1000years old in terms of hardware and smokes my current system in boot-up time.

Back