Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) $39.99

I bought these a week ago to go with my old set of ballistics. Turns out these are different, they are probably not Micron D9's anymore, they are now single sided/higher density chips. They didn't work well at all with my double sided set. I returned them for a refund.

The single sided ballistix are still D9.

yah... probably... i got d9's on my 5300 value sticks, but they weren't d9gmh, you know the ones that clock like crazy. hmm... maybe i'll just keep my sticks since no one wants to buy them at the price i have them up for....

[quote="I'm not a crook";1032071428]I bought these a week ago to go with my old set of ballistics. Turns out these are different, they are probably not Micron D9's anymore, they are now single sided/higher density chips. They didn't work well at all with my double sided set. I returned them for a refund.[/quote]

I read through the user reviews on these modules, and noticed the single sided with higher density chips have high falure rate. Are the older models more reliable?

Also, between Crucial Ballistics and Kingston HyperX, which one is better (overclocking and durability)?

i am RMAing mine now after 6 weeks.

these do run amazing but there are a lot of people having bad luck with them.

they can run at 600 5 5 5 15. or at 400 at 3 3 3 10.

just out of curiosity, you are rma ing your ram because other people are having issues with their ram?

ooh no.

after 6 weeks i started to have strange issues to set cpu back to stock and still had issues. so i ran memtest and got 50,000 some errors in like 1 minute.

so they worked amazing then just started having issues one day.

Back