Lacie 324 LCD Monitor

Tuukka

n00b
24 inch, S-PVA, 178º, 400cd/m², 1000:1, 6ms, 92% NTSC, 95% AdobeRGB, 10bit

Designed for creative professionals in both fixed and motion imaging, the 24-inch widescreen LaCie 324 embeds an industry-leading wide gamut (95% Adobe RGB / 99.7% of ISO Coated) S-PVA panel and a 10-bit gamma correction mechanism, which ensure smooth and vivid colors in artwork, photography and layout. Thanks to DCDi® by Faroudja video enhancement technology, it’s excellent for audio/video editing, 3D CAD and game development, performing flawlessly with HDMI, DVI and VGA video sources up to and including Full HD 1080p. The LaCie 324 is also available bundled with the LaCie blue eye pro – our advanced single-click hardware calibration solution.

Price: 1 029,00€
Gamma Correction : 10-bit
Certification : CB, FCC, CE, CSA, Canada DOC, EPA, ISO13406-2, GOST, PSB
Manual : Designed for creative professionals, this LCD monitor features a 24-inch wide-gamut LCD panel, 10-bit gamma correction and full HD support for the best video experience available. With DCDi® by Faroudja video enhancement technologies and full hardware calibration support, this monitor is ideal for work on both still and moving images. The optional LaCie blue eye colorimeter and blue eye pro software are the ideal tools to tune your monitor for the most realistic rendering of your images.

- Does anyone have LaCie 324 monitor? Or can you point me some reviews?
- Does LaCie 324 have Integrated Circuit containing 10-bit color correction tables?

Replying to myself:

Does anyone have LaCie 324 monitor? Or can you point me some reviews?
- I've just ordered it. I'll do review hopefully at next week when it comes. (week10)

Does LaCie 324 have Integrated Circuit containing 10-bit color correction tables?
- Yes it does.

Can it be hardware calibrated?
- Yes. Some kind of half calibration - don't ask me what is it.
- No. The color tables are edited on the graphic board.

Just got the monitor! So here's quick review.

Lag test: Flag (PixPerAn, Version 1.011e):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Lag test: Boxes (PixPerAn, Version 1.011e):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Lag test: [/FONT] Race car (PixPerAn, Version 1.011e):
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

I'd like to know if these have much input lag for gaming and how the details in the darks and black compare with the S-PVA panel in my FPD2185w. Finding a monitor suitable to share between separate gaming and work boxes is such a PITA. :\

Looks like a very nice screen. I'd be interested to know what you think of it. Did you buy it from a retailer in the UK/EU?

Looks like a very nice screen. I'd be interested to know what you think of it. Did you buy it from a retailer in the UK/EU?

I LOVE IT.

Some toughts. Not calibrated yet.

Colors:
The black IS black and the whites are pure white. Red IS red.. a bit too much i think, but only with sRGB conf/pictures. I bought also Spyder 3 Pro, so i might put some reviews with that also. Need to learn some more about color spaces (aRGB, sRGB) before that.

Image quality:
Images look very good. Now i see much more details on dark and white areas compared to my old Sony G400 19" CRT monitor. Gradients look also very good - even with little yellowish tones and some minor banding noticeable. I mean out of the box, haven't had time to calibrate my monitor.

Lag:
I'm not a gamer so lag/input lag does not matter. But i can say that with some gaming and some movies the lag is barely visible.

Sorry my horrible english:
I bought it from Finland. I mean the monitor. Got it little bit over 900€ (inc.VAT.)

LCD and CRT displays update from top to bottom. In your test this would give the LCD a 1 frame advantage. And Flash isn't very accurate for testing because it isn't synced to the refresh of the monitor

I made a simple OpenGL program to test lag, but it has to be run in clone mode.
http://lcdlagtester.googlepages.com/

LCD and CRT displays update from top to bottom. In your test this would give the LCD a 1 frame advantage. And Flash isn't very accurate for testing because it isn't synced to the refresh of the monitor

I made a simple OpenGL program to test lag, but it has to be run in clone mode.
http://lcdlagtester.googlepages.com/

Got them on clone mode:
LaCie 324 24inch 1920x1200 @ 59Hz?
Sony G400 19inch 1920x1200 @ 60Hz

Input lag testi1: Timecode (47, 47, 47, 47, 47 ms?)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Input lag test2: Lagtester (2, 1, 1, 1, 2 frames?)

Input lag test3: XNote Stopwatch (4, 4, 6, 5, 6 1/10 sec?)

can you put the Lacie at 60hz? it is skipping frames in my program (and probably the others). It looks like it is about 2 frames behind, but it takes another full frame for a pixel to gain significant brightness.

Sorry, no more input-lag test. Sold that old Sony G400.

But i found nice test about this monitor: www.shootsmarter.com

"It's with great pleasure that I finally have an answer to the question "Hey Will, when is there going to be a color accurate LCD monitor under $1000?".
It's "RIGHT NOW" BTW. : )
Now those of you who have been through this evolution from film to digital with my monthly smArticles know that we are pretty tough on gear and are slow to recommend anything until we put a few hours on real production versions (beta versions don't count. Before I get pummeled in the forums, yes I've tested the Dell, NEC, Samsung and the rest of the pretenders to the throne for low cost color accurate screens and have been nothing but disappointed and I would not spend my money on them because of their marginal performance, tricky profiling issues, poor value for the dollar, and the lack of support too. Just for fun, call the Dell sales line and ask about profiling your monitor? Prepare for 45 minutes of frustration.
"

Back