Asus P5K-E Wifi won't post

GoGoGadget

Weaksauce
I just got done building my computer and when I fired it up, everything turned on but the system wouldn't post. After doing some searching online, it turns out that this board can be picky with ram voltages causing the exact problem I'm having. The default mobo setting is at 1.8v and my ram (Crucial Ballistix 2gb pc2-6400) are rated at 2.2v. I need to change the vdimm in bios, but I can't get to bios if it won't post. Hopefully, I can get my hands on some cheap ram tomorrow and test it out. Anyone else with a P5K-E run into this problem before?

There are a couple different tricks mentioned on the ASUS forums I found while looking at a different issue. Dig under all P5K boards not just your model and you should find a few replies that could help. Other then that all I can say is good luck as I have a P5K-E/WiFi-AP that won't run the 1066 ram above 800. I'm now fishing for something other then ASUS after all the issues I found today. I'll reply again if I find something more helpful.

Since no one asked, I will, You did double check everything, making sure everything was seated correctly? (Video Cards, Memory) All necessary Cables connected? Adequate Power?
I just finished getting my Asus P5K-E installed into my Case, no Problems so far. I still need to install drives, and OS, but it looks great from where I'm sitting.

Back