BF2 problem with X-Fi

I recently built the system in my sig and am now having sound problems with BF2. When set to ultra high in the game settings I get crackling and popping in game. I have to set the game settings to high and that fixes the problem. I never had this problem with the same card in my AMD system. Also, I am having a problem when playing BF2 with ventrilo on the X-fi. After I play for a while my mic stops working both in game, and in ventrilo. I must exit the game to get my mic back. I am running the newest dated beta drivers from the creative site. Anyone else have these problems?

I tried the beta drivers, and I unintstalled them and used driver cleaner, then used the WHQL drivers and I still get the same problem on ultra high. It seems to happen when I am moving the mouse fast to spin the guy around.

So I guess there is no fix for this? It is weird because I never got this problem with my Opteron, but I still did have the ventrilo and bf2 problem with the mic.

I have been reading about this problem and it seems like adjusting the PCI latency timer for the soundcard may be the fix. Now I run into a new problem, my Abit IP35 Pro has no setting for PCI latency in the bios, and the pci latency software locks up the computer.

UPDATE:

I downloaded an older version of PCI Latency tool 2.0 and this version did not lock up my system. I changed the PCI Latency on the X-Fi to 32 and this fixed the problem. No more crackling on Ultra high. Now I just need suggestions on the BF2 and ventrilo mic issue.

UPDATE:

I downloaded an older version of PCI Latency tool 2.0 and this version did not lock up my system. I changed the PCI Latency on the X-Fi to 32 and this fixed the problem. No more crackling on Ultra high. Now I just need suggestions on the BF2 and ventrilo mic issue.

omg! i forgot-sry- mine has been set to 32 for so long i didnt remember it!
for the mic- make sure its on mute b4 starting the game. i use teamspeak w/no issues but some of my clanmates have to use their onboard audio mic port w/bf2142

omg! i forgot-sry- mine has been set to 32 for so long i didnt remember it!
for the mic- make sure its on mute b4 starting the game. i use teamspeak w/no issues but some of my clanmates have to use their onboard audio mic port w/bf2142

mic feedback is always muted, could it be something with my push to talk key as left ALT? when the mic goes out my vent bind doesn't even light up, nor does the in game speaker when I push to talk. As soon as I exit the game it starts working again.

try using voice activation on vent or different bind keys on vent and bf2142-it could be they dont like sharing a control key

Back