[H]ot - Select Dell Vostro's $350 or $500 off!!!

alceryes

Weaksauce
$350 off $999+ GBM7HX$KL48KVP
$500 off $1249+ Q2TZNN?6PH3SLW
Valid on Vostro line of notebooks.

Step 1) Go to Dell.com and start configuring from the base model Dell Vostro 1000, 1400, 1500, or 1700 (small business section).
Step 2) Get your system configured up to $999 for the $350 off coupon or $1249 for the $500 off coupon.
Step 3) Proceed to checkout and enter coupon code for a [H]ot deal!!!

Also, I'm not sure if it's on ALL Vostro's but all of the configurations I tried ended up with free 3-5 day shipping.

The system I just ordered -

Vostro 1400
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
14.1 inch Wide Screen XGA+ LCD Display with TrueLife™
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS
160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, SP2
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
8X CD/DVD Burner w/ double-layer DVD+R write capability, w/ Roxio Creator
Integrated High Definition Audio
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Wi-Fi Mini Card
Integrated 2.0 mega pixel Web Camera
No Pre-installed Productivity Software
Dell Exclusive MediaDirect™ Instant Play Software Application
No Pre-installed Anti-Virus/Security Software
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
1 Year Basic Limited Warranty plus 1 Year Mail-in Service
No Onsite System Setup
No Dell Automated PC Tune Up Installed
No Media Software
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate), WinXP
Purchase is not intended for resale.
Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor
Windows XP™

After coupon this bad boy was $667 with $46.69 tax for a not-so-grand total of $713.69

Yea, you need to be careful with the codes.
If you configure a system with an 'instant savings' code you need to remove that coupon BEFORE you can add the $350 or $500 off one, since they do not stack.

Edit - Hey Not_So_Hard, any reason why you're not getting a better screen? The XGA is nice but its a relatively cheap upgrade to get more screen real estate (I made the exact same error with a laptop I just sent back).

Nice deals.

What I always found odd about Dell.com is that configuring a laptop in the Small & Medium Business" section instead of "Home & Home Office" gives you a way lower price for an identical configuration. Another oddity is that Dell has a so called partnership with many universities to give the students "discounts" at DellUniversity.com, but configuring an identical system there will net you a higher price than all of the sections on the normal site. My final oddity is that systems with Ubuntu (a free OS) are sometimes more expensive than systems with Windows.

Bottom line... Dell's web site and pricing system are f'ed the f up. You have to configure your system in like 7 different places on their site and compare all the prices before you buy. I should invent a PriceGrabber type website just for Dell.com.

Every time that I click "add to cart" it takes to me my cart and simply tells me that I have nothing in my cart. Any thoughts?

Back