8800GS Overclock

isox

n00b
I just overclocked my 8800gs after installing the accelero x1 although that air cooler is not compatible with the videocard. I had to do a major modification to the cooler and finally got it on and I must say it was worth the 22 bucks and hassle.

stock cooler min 38 celsius max 71 celsius
accelero x1 min 35 celsius max 60 celsius

Increasing the core past 750mhz causes artifacts, but the memory i think i am able to increase past 850 mhz

Results http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4ch3a/

I just overclocked my 8800gs after installing the accelero x1 although that air cooler is not compatible with the videocard. I had to do a major modification to the cooler and finally got it on and I must say it was worth the 22 bucks and hassle.

stock cooler min 38 celsius max 71 celsius
accelero x1 min 35 celsius max 60 celsius

Increasing the core past 750mhz causes artifacts, but the memory i think i am able to increase past 850 mhz

Results http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4ch3a/

Can you provide details as to how you got this cooler on the 8800GS? Was it the asus branded one?

if you have all the ram heatsinks on the card should be able to do 750/1836/900.. i want to say the ram can do 1000mhz.. but im not totally sure on that..

btw make sure you leave your shader/gpu speed linked if you are using rivatuner.. found some weird issues with some games when increasing the gpu speed higher then what the linked speed is with the specific shader clock..

for example my 8800GT is at 756/1890/1015 even though my gpu easily does 800mhz and is stable..

also if you want to raise the shader above 1800.. the only 2 steps you can use is 1836 and 1890.. shader steps are in 54mhz increments..

This thread was posted a year and a half ago, and the OP hasn't visited the forum since April of 2008. I don't think it's very likely that you'll get a response ;).

Seriously, how does this shit happen?

Did someone kill too many kittens today, is that it?

Lol, thank google and my lack of attention to thread forum date posting for this. Who knows though, someone may actually chime in even with the thrad being this old. LOL :>

Lol, thank google and my lack of attention to thread forum date posting for this. Who knows though, someone may actually chime in even with the thrad being this old. LOL :>

lol i didnt even notice til you said something.. :p

lets just say we were helping everyone else that was to lazy to ask the questions over a year ago.. :p

Back