Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower Case--BestBuy Clearance $71.99

This is a re-branded Lian-Li all-aluminum case, with brushed dark finish and front door. I went in today to buy it for $119.99, thinking that was the deal of the century on a Lian-Li. They had put it on clearance for $71.99! I don't know how widespread this deal is, but there are 5 left at the Springfield, MO store.

Link to product at retail price: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8428604&type=product&id=1183160363476

I'll have to check if they can pricematch if they have it at my store. Got it for $120, hell of a case. I notice the side panels are ever so slightly off on mine, just a millimeter or so. Either way, I'm a happy camper. Going to toss the side panel at a laser cutter and see what I can do with it.

I just unboxed mine. This thing is like a work of industrial art. I've never had aluminum before, so the lightness of it still shocks me. The quality of workmanship, the brushed exterior... And the front door--it has a PERFECT latching system, like nothing I've ever seen. If you close it, it stays closed. If you want it to open, it responds to the lightest tug as if it knows what you were thinking. Holy cow!

Commander,

Can you post your receipt scan?

It'll help us get it pricematched. Otherwise they probably won't give anyone price match without some proof.

Thanks!!!

Who woulda thought a brand named Rocketfish wouldn't be selling too well :eek:

Commander,

Can you post your receipt scan?

It'll help us get it pricematched. Otherwise they probably won't give anyone price match without some proof.

Thanks!!!

Okay, here goes. This is my first time to post an image to the forums, so if I messed it up somehow, apologies.

BB-Case-Receipt%20002.bmp

yup just went and got the last (and probably only) one at BB- downers grove, IL. Definitely a lian-li or equivalent, but i can't find any name brand cases that are the same.

yup just went and got the last (and probably only) one at BB- downers grove, IL. Definitely a lian-li or equivalent, but i can't find any name brand cases that are the same.

Yeah, I went a little nuts last week trying to find an exact retail Lian-Li match and there wasn't one. Of course, a lot of the panels and cages, etc. appear to be movable/configurable, so I'm sure they had no trouble cobbling up one for BB's custom specs. The yellow and white BB inventory/tracking/etc. sticker on the box says Lian-Li right on it, for extra assurance. Plus the 120mm case fans are Lian-Li branded!

Was this marked as clearance or did it ring up at the register as that?

It was marked on the shelf with a yellow clearance price tag. Pre-printed, not the handwritten kind like they use for open box items.

Of course, you'll notice on the receipt that the cashier was able to apply the 12% off coupon that RewardZone sent me for this being my birthday month, and I'm not sure that would normally be possible or if she was just feeling kind that day. I almost feel dirty getting an aluminum Lian-Li tower for 63 bucks!

The Clearance price will vary per store and how many they sell... but I do know my store got more in and it went on clearance... and about every week it will drop in price... so keep an eye out. :)

Cele-CT, are you saying that this is an ongoing deal or will the actual price of the case keep dropping? Thanks for the information.

delvryboy asked me to post his experience--I guess new members have to wait awhile before they can post in the deals forum?

Thanks, if you could..... pass this along.

I went to BB in Norridge, IL and found 2 on clearance for $97.88. The store manager said that each store decides their own clearance prices, they don't have to price match clearance items, and he refuses to go any lower.

He said if I wanted it for $72 I was more than welcome to go to MO(where thread reciept was from) and get one.

At this point I was running late, told him whatever and left it at his feet.

I'm still puzzled why BB is clearing these out. I guess they just don't move? But they're better than anything else they carry. About the only other one I'd take is the Sonata III because it comes with an Earthwatts 500 PSU (Seasonic-made), but that's even more than the Rocketfish, so if you don't need the PSU, no sale. Not that I'm complaining!

I hope they don't revamp PC architecture completely any time soon, because I want this case to be with me for a long, long, time.

i know this is a Lian-Li rebage

but I was wondering what the same Lian-Li case sells for?

As stated above, there is no exact match Li-Li. I may check out BBY later to see if the one they've had in stock for a while has gone down.

does Best Buy have a price matching policy?

Where if they lower their price even more in the next 30 days that they will match it?

I just don't want to pay $76 out the door today then next week they sell them for $45+tax

Yes I'm cheap sometimes ;)

Ok, F*&# Best Buy in Roseville MN. They rang it up at $119 and then told me they could not price match because --get this-- their cost (from the manufacturer) was $119. Does the guy think I'm a retard? Who lists prices of items in their store 'at cost'. Suffice to say, I didn't get anything while there.

On NewEgg, the cheapest Lian-Li case sells for $79.99 with $15.99 shipping. The cheapest full-tower Lian-Li case sells for $219.99 with $20.46 shipping. In both situations the shipping exceeds my local sales tax, so double win on that.

119.99 is actually below cost... but it does not make a difference, clearance is clearance, and they will need to get rid of it at that store.

Just like when my store had 32inch clearance tv's (720p westy's) at 194 bucks. :)

Just got back from my local BB. Picked up the RocketFish/Lian-LI case for 70 bucks after using my 10 percent off coupon and 2 9600GT's to try out in my other rig. I haven't opened the box for the tower nor have I used the 9600GT's so if some of you folks would like impressions, PM later on today. One last thing, the box for the case is HUGE!

Milwaukee/Racine/Gurnee area sucks. It doesn't appear to be reduced beyond the 119$ clearance price in these areas.

Just got back from my local BB. Picked up the RocketFish/Lian-LI case for 70 bucks after using my 10 percent off coupon and 2 9600GT's to try out in my other rig. I haven't opened the box for the tower nor have I used the 9600GT's so if some of you folks would like impressions, PM later on today. One last thing, the box for the case is HUGE!

Good to hear since you are in CA as well. I'll be heading to my BB tomorrow morning. :D

Here are some interior shots of it- It is 100% Lian Li, but with a few downgrades compared to their name brand cases.

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Hope this helps, since there were no shots of it online. Sorry about the unrotated shots, I can't get them to save after rotation.

Picked up 6 for the clearance price. No problems whatsoever. Wish I got the 12% off like commander did! Then ultra hot deal it would have been.

WoW freakin HUGE boxes for these cases. I cannot believe how big the boxes were but the cases are no slouch either.

Total cost for 6 out the door was $464.83

Now I must find a use for them. Price seemed too good to pass up. Will use them for future builds if nothing else.

I went to BB this morning, and it wasn't on sale here in Lawrenceville NJ either

Here are some interior shots of it- It is 100% Lian Li, but with a few downgrades compared to their name brand cases.

So what are the downgrades? Is this much bigger than an Antec p180/p182?

I looked at my local BBY, and they were marked at 119.99.

Too much and if they're as big as I think they are, then too big to use for a build for me mum.

for 70 bucks, however, it'd be a decent case if it wasn't too big.....then again, I think the p182 is probably better, since the main goal, aside from keeping it fairly cool is to keep it quiet....but haven't used my p182, so I'm just going off of reviews for now

hot diggity, if they still have it at $72 2 weeks from now, i might get it to replace my CM690. It just looks so... refined and shiny

although i have to admit, they could've come up with a better name than 'rocketfish'... heheh... rocketfish...

I'm planning on returning the RocketFish/Lian-Li tower. It's just too big and one of the side panels isn't flush against the front of the case which annoys me. Oh well.

Do you guys think there's any chance of mounting the Lian Li drive bezels to this case?

Im just surprised BB chose a decent manufacturer to rebadge something from.

Back