Intel Retailedge 2008 (2 purchase programs this year?)

amdmaxx

Limp Gawd
Just came back from an Intel Event, looks like 2 programs this year, one in Spring (soon) and usual one in the fall.. I didnt get more infiormation about the srping program.
Anyone knows what it is gonna be?
I did hear that you can buy some small stuff from the web site soon with your reward points.. But I wouldnt wanna spend a lot of points and end up without a bundle in the fall.
I hope someone has more information.

A little birdie told me that one of the purchase deals would involve a centrino chipset. In other words a laptop.

Take it with a grain of salt though as I have absolutely 0 proof.

Laptop would be hot!!
But who will co-sign with Intel to deliver laptop.. Lenovo? We just had an Intel/Lenovo conference..

But I wouldnt wanna spend a lot of points and end up without a bundle in the fall.
I hope someone has more information.

I have a strong feeling that if this is true, Intel will make it rather easy to participate in both if you keep up with it monthly. Hell, they practically give these points away. I mean, if you kept up with it monthly last year, wouldn't you have close to double points as what the highest package was? Even people who registered in late october were eligible. Not saying they won't change it, but I believe intel wants you to buy there crap. I'm sure the points will be a-plenty this year.

I have a strong feeling that if this is true, Intel will make it rather easy to participate in both if you keep up with it monthly. Hell, they practically give these points away. I mean, if you kept up with it monthly last year, wouldn't you have close to double points as what the highest package was? Even people who registered in late october were eligible. Not saying they won't change it, but I believe intel wants you to buy there crap. I'm sure the points will be a-plenty this year.

It pays off for them! My last two builds have been 100% Intel. Before that I used AMD in all my builds! Because of all the trainings I took and benchmarks I saw, I knew that the new core processors were the way to go. I bought a laptop with Core duo processors, bought the core quad for my build from the retail edge program, and bought another Core 2 duo for my dad's new build. The next few builds I do will probably feature intel processors as well. I have no problem giving them my money right now because of the quality product they're putting out. Working in electronics, I have no problem pushing intel on all my customers, either. They overclock better, they're more power efficient overall, and will serve my customers better in the long haul versus similarly priced AMD counterparts at the moment. I have learned much about their products via the trainings. I admit that many of them are silly and could be presented more efficiently, but overall they put a lot of information on the Retail Edge site.

When they do a purchase program for their sales reps in their retail partner stores, they just get us even more hyped up on our stuff. When we have good experiences with the company and their products, we will gladly and enthusiastically recommend their products more often. I have sold way more Intel products of late vs. AMD products, and so far I haven't regretted it. Intel is doing something incredibly smart by providing incentives for employees to train and experience their products first hand.

It's a bit of a risk, because if a reseller has a bad experience, he could turn away potential buyers because of his negative experience. But if Intel is confident in their product, it makes sense to promote it however they can.

As for the Spring purchase program, I can see them doing something with an E8400, or maybe even the Q9450, unless of course it's a laptop package.

How do we get this moved there without losing what we've already started?? Can you do that and hotlink it for us please??

As soon as the a moderator sees this thread he should move it, or you could ask him to move it now.

There is a meeting this Sunday in West Nyack, NY.. Gonna try to get more details..

I'm going to subscribe to this. I'm curious about everyones opinion. I could use a Spring purchase program. I mean I graduate this coming Spring so I need something before I quit my retail store and get "real" job.

Anymore details out yet, from those of you with intel connections???

Heard another rumor that they are looking at opening up the purchase program where you can spend your allotted points on possibly anything at the intel online store too.

There is a meeting this Sunday in West Nyack, NY.. Gonna try to get more details..

Oh do tell!! Thanks for checking for us, bro! (amdmaxx, lol, checking up on intel for us!):p

Heard another rumor that they are looking at opening up the purchase program where you can spend your allotted points on possibly anything at the intel online store too.

WHEEEEE!!!

See the action-adventure blockbuster Iron Man the night before it opens! And get the latest scoop on Intel technology, a bag full of sweet swag and maybe even take home one of several cool raffle prizes. You can receive up to 2,000 Retail Edge Chips for attending this event and completing the on-line survey. Popcorn and soda snack provided for the movie. Registration starts at 9:30 pm. Doors open at 10 pm. AND get your employment pre-verified for the next Intel purchase program. Program details will be announced at this event. Bring a pay stub or direct deposit bank statement that is less than 30 days old to be pre-verified. This is a Retail Edge Program Members Only Event.

Site now says that a new program will be introduced next month...
omgintel.jpg

Anyone have any idea what kinda program it will be and also what the product will be? I have registered for the Columbia Movie event in hopes of getting out of class on Thursday night on time and able to get back to the home in order to see this movie and also get my points.

Do you qualify for this if you work at Target? I don't but I know someone who does...

New Rewards Program, but the big text just says new site. Don't get too excited just yet...

(Yay, 9450 points for me- no live events yet!)

New Rewards Program, but the big text just says new site. Don't get too excited just yet...

(Yay, 9450 points for me- no live events yet!)
How to the heck do you have 9450 points. I only have like 6850 without taking the latest challenge.

monthly tools, 4 logins per month, surveys and ALL the quizes on time and u should be around 8k-10k
I hope new program is really nice..

Had info about the upcoming live event, the preview of Iron Man the night before release.

I'm hoping for something nice also. The last program I was able to build a pretty nice machine for under 600-700. Hoping to do that same.

I have 8250, what does everyone else have?

I just got an email that they are cutting back on the number of approved businesses that will work with this. No more "Chain not listed". This sucks. I own a computer store and have used this program to build demo/testing machines.

Damn, if they are in fact giving out Extreme Editions it will probably be from the Q6xxx series, and probably not the sweeter Q94xx's.

Whatever, I'm patiently waiting for December to make a new rig, and I'm going to the IronMan event so I can judge Intel on their free swag

:)

Damn, if they are in fact giving out Extreme Editions it will probably be from the Q6xxx series, and probably not the sweeter Q94xx's.

Whatever, I'm patiently waiting for December to make a new rig, and I'm going to the IronMan event so I can judge Intel on their free swag

:)

Ugh. I'm so jealous of you folk who live close to where Intel does events. I'd be there every time if it wasn't at least a 4 hour drive, usually more like 10 hours. I live in Idaho!! Argg...

They will indeed be the newer series...judging off of previous years and them always giving us the newest hardware

Nice I hope its the Q94xx series. I could use that for my new build. If anyone can find out more details about the new purchase program this year ask alot of questions. Won't be able to make Ironman, have a final the next day and can't drive home 3 hours to get more info.

Bummer

I'm hoping for something nice also. The last program I was able to build a pretty nice machine for under 600-700. Hoping to do that same.

I have 8250, what does everyone else have?

I have 8125. I must have missed some extra points from logging in one month or something. I've done everything I could do. Still plenty of points. Hell,I started with 0 last October and managed to get the Premium bundle.

Me and a couple of guys are going to the Iron Man event this Thursday. If no one else has posted by then, I'll post any info I find out.

How do you have so many points?

I think hes talking about the extra points you will get from the Ironman event. Also maybe logged in and did all the possible articles that you could do. Not sure how he has more then I do but I might have missed some of the articles.

Needless to say I think I will have enough points for the new purchase program.

Back