Gateway Core2Duo, 2GB, 160GB Laptop $499

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Link

Plus:

free Lexmark X2580 All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner, D-Link WBR-1310 Wireless-G Router, H&R Block TaxCut Premium Federal

It not brand, what matters is inside. This is the best deal on Core2Duo laptop, specially Processor is 1.7ghz plus 2gb ram.

I am picking one up after work.

I'm sorry but that's BS.

The brand is important... why? warranty, build quality, support, customer service (in case the user has any problems), etc.

lol, i have dell, hp, gateway, they are all same made in china :).

Warranty, forget it. They will charge some how, you are better use it carefully.

BuildQuality: Made in China ( any questions)

Customer Service: Outsource to India, good luck talking to them.

That sucks if they charge you if you're still under warranty unless of course you did something stupid and that the warranty doesn't cover it, all my laptops have been HP's and I've never been charged when it comes to replacing something for my laptop or even replacing the laptop itself (As long as I'm still under the 1-year free warranty from them.

Must have been bad luck for you every time or you get the bad end of their customer service personnel. Hehe.

lol, i have dell, hp, gateway, they are all same made in china :).

Warranty, forget it. They will charge some how, you are better use it carefully.

BuildQuality: Made in China ( any questions)

Customer Service: Outsource to India, good luck talking to them.

You like making things up, huh?

Honda and Toyota are both made in Japan, both have economy cars with good gas millage. Same, right?

What I find funny is how these companies keep making you pay for repairs when under warranty(according to your own post). Get a backbone, be a man, and tell them NO.

You like making things up, huh?

Honda and Toyota are both made in Japan, both have economy cars with good gas millage. Same, right?

What I find funny is how these companies keep making you pay for repairs when under warranty(according to your own post). Get a backbone, be a man, and tell them NO.

I don;t send my computers or laptop for repair i can do it by my self.

My cousin bought 2 dell laptops, both had problems. Ones screen died after 2 months, the others video card burned. First Dell told him to send it over they will take care of it. Once they got the laptops they Dell charged him $200 for repairs by making things up.

But any ways. If you like it buy it, not your choice :)

Toyota builds almost all their vehicles here in the US, and have a lot of their parts made in Mexico.

I would assume the same for Honda as well.

Your comparison doesn't match up with this.

I see his point but then i also see yours. Or maybe IT'S JUST YOUR AWESOME NAME!!! Only one of the most awesome ever. Dude, seriously, no flaming here. Your name rules. :D Neil Farted bro. I was there. He can't talk his way out of this one.

are you saying they're not?

that gateway is more or less a rebranded emachines design. But they are good laptops none the less. Gateway CS is stellar. My laptop from them had a defective motherboard, got a box the next day to put the laptop in from them, and then they next dayed it back.

Toyota builds almost all their vehicles here in the US, and have a lot of their parts made in Mexico.

I would assume the same for Honda as well.

Your comparison doesn't match up with this.

You are correct, except for the fact you are only looking at cars sold in the North/Central American market.

Plus, it doesn't even matter. Saying a laptop is made in X country, there for this other laptop made in X country, there for they are the same, is dumb at best.

I don;t send my computers or laptop for repair i can do it by my self.

My cousin bought 2 dell laptops, both had problems. Ones screen died after 2 months, the others video card burned. First Dell told him to send it over they will take care of it. Once they got the laptops they Dell charged him $200 for repairs by making things up.

But any ways. If you like it buy it, not your choice :)

Thank you for explaining, I now understand.

i did not realize you extremely bright cousin, having owned 2 Dell laptops, was charged money for repairs to laptops under warranty when they 'made things up' is directly related to each manufacturer who makes laptops in China doing the exact same thing, or that your cousin was telling the truth/Dell does this to everyone.

You are correct, except for the fact you are only looking at cars sold in the North/Central American market.

Plus, it doesn't even matter. Saying a laptop is made in X country, there for this other laptop made in X country, there for they are the same, is dumb at best.

Yeah I agree, he did generalize things a bit, I would agree if a lot of the parts were outsourced through a same company.

Seriously, nowadays, brand does not mean much at all. WHy?

A: Return/repair rate of all major brands is pretty close. I think the last numbers I read put 7% return for repair rate between the best and worst, and it changes every year.

B: The warranties are all crap anyway. The standard ones only cover mistakes in craftsmanship, not wear/tear, the battery etc.

C: Most people buy their computers from a big-box store who offer much more comprehensive service plans, and english speaking techs (FYI Gateway's tech support is ALL US based now, props)

D: They all use the same parts anymore. All you see is Samsung and Hynix ram, pioneer/hitatchi drives etc.
The only variable pieces are the optical disk drives.

The ONLY things that varies much between brands is screen quality. Sony still has the best screens. But then again, that's an awfully subjective thing anyway.

Back