Tuniq Tower 120 in a CM 690?

TechBoy

2[H]4U
Hey guys I was wondering If the Tuniq tower would fit in a CM 690 with out hitting the top 120mm fans? Can anyone who has the 690 and the Tuniq tower please tell me?

I am wondering the same. I have both the RC-690 and a Tuniq tower and if I had to guess it looks like the top left door fan would hit the tuniq tower with a 25mm fan, but a thinner one might be able to fit. It also looks like the rear top fan would not fit, but maybe the top front might. I am looking to add some additional fans and would love to know as well!

I have a scythe ninja, which is similar in size and with the heat pipe caps coming ~3/8s of an inch from the top, it fits fine. I would exercise caution though.

Yes the Tuniq Tower 120 does fit into the CM-690. I am currently using in and the HSF has about 1/2-1 inch of space to the side panel. I will try to get pictures up later.

Yes the Tuniq Tower 120 does fit into the CM-690. I am currently using in and the HSF has about 1/2-1 inch of space to the side panel. I will try to get pictures up later.

thanks, Pictures would be very nice. :D

Riggd,
Did you try to get any 120mm fans in either of the 2 top spots? So the top left door spot is useless with the tuniq in?

Ya the top left fan spot on the side door will be useless which is why the window panel would be great, and also, you can easily fit 120mm fans in both of the top slots.

Bad news camera is freaking out so I will have to wait until morning to fix it.

Edit: CM-690 Window Side Panel

Thanks a lot for the info Riggd!
How did you mount your Tuniq, is it blowing out out of the back exhaust or did you install top fans and mount it to vent out the top. Will the top fans both fit regardless of the way the Tuniq is situated? If you installed top fans, which ones did you go with? The doors is strictly aesthetic right? It doesn't provide any benefits as far as cooling goes?

there's about half an inch clearance from my tuniq tower to the side panel on my antec p182, it's almost touching it!!

Thanks a lot for the info Riggd!
How did you mount your Tuniq, is it blowing out out of the back exhaust or did you install top fans and mount it to vent out the top. Will the top fans both fit regardless of the way the Tuniq is situated? If you installed top fans, which ones did you go with? The doors is strictly aesthetic right? It doesn't provide any benefits as far as cooling goes?

No problem. I have mine blowing out the back because I put an extra fan in in my extra drive bays that is pulling in air.
Both fans will fit either way the Tuniq Tower is placed.
I tried to find the best White LED fans I could, but they are a bit loud (doesn't bother me :p)
They are : White LED Rosewill fans

And I dont really understand what you are asking me in the last two questions.

I was asking if that door with the window has any benefits over the regular door other than the looks. Is the fan any better or anything else that would justify the $30 it costs? Seems like a lot when the case itself often sells for less after MIR.

That fans looks nice. it's a shame shipping costs more than the fan :(. If only I could find a site that sells these things at a reasonable price for shipping. How do they compare to the stock fans? Do you notice a lot more airflow?

Edit: I just noticed those fans are sleeve, not ball bearing which they recommend for horizontal use. Have you had any problems with them in either the top or bottom of the case in the horizontal position?

I'm using the Ultima-90 with a 120mm fan and it fits with about 2cm between the top of the fan and the side panel. The 120 isn't much taller.

Has anyone had any trouble with a TRUE 120 and the CM690?

Im using a TRUE 120 in my CM690. The little metal clips to hold the fan on the heatsink stuck up to high and hit one of the fans in the top of the case, so i had to get rid of the clips and zip tie the fan onto the TRUE, other than that, it fits just fine.

I was asking if that door with the window has any benefits over the regular door other than the looks. Is the fan any better or anything else that would justify the $30 it costs? Seems like a lot when the case itself often sells for less after MIR.

That fans looks nice. it's a shame shipping costs more than the fan :(. If only I could find a site that sells these things at a reasonable price for shipping. How do they compare to the stock fans? Do you notice a lot more airflow?

Edit: I just noticed those fans are sleeve, not ball bearing which they recommend for horizontal use. Have you had any problems with them in either the top or bottom of the case in the horizontal position?

First off yes the panel is for looks, and the only loud fan is one of the rosewills on the side door, also I got my fans when they had free shipping :p . The fans I have push more air for sure but I think I might but The stock fan back on the side panel, Also the window looks good because if not you just have a bunch of holes at the side panel. Also the side panel as you probably know is a bit flimsy, but the fan I put on seems to be the only one I can hear.

Ya the top left fan spot on the side door will be useless which is why the window panel would be great, and also, you can easily fit 120mm fans in both of the top slots.

Bad news camera is freaking out so I will have to wait until morning to fix it.

Edit: CM-690 Window Side Panel

Could you post pics of what the top fans look like in the case with the Tuniq if you have any pics of them. Thanks!

I'll be putting my new build together this Wednesday, and that is a CM690 and Tuniq and I'll be sure to take some pictures for everyone

Back