Forum F@H tag

GhengisKhan

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't know where else to ask this, but since most people here have them under all of your posts...

Is there a way you guys post them in every post other than pasting the code in from a handy shortcut? some kind of script or program???

What I did was put it as a link in my bookmark tool folder in firefox.
Then I just drag the link down into the msg area ...

There might be a better way, but it works for me ...

I don't know of any way other than the method Evil suggested.... that's what I do...

Well I can suggest a program called FAHAutoSig.

It doesn't exist, but if it did, I assure you it would make adding your badge to every post a breeze.

Hope that helps.

Maybe we should start a "F@H stats in your signature" petition. :D

To Digital_Exhaust:

I'm so close I can smell you....ewwwww brocolli :D

To Digital_Exhaust:

That's not broccoli:D

What's odd is that for some reason, you have disappeared from my threat list... as has Kendrak:confused:

I still smell meatballs@! :p

Read our thread D-E :cool:

I just double click on the link I have

well, that's what I do too, I was just wondering if there was an easier way... too bad the only thing I can program is a VCR... also too bad it's a useless talent now. :p

only bad part of this method is that when in the advanced editor it doesn't copy it right, it just post the link with the text being the name of the shortcut...

well, that's what I do too, I was just wondering if there was an easier way... too bad the only thing I can program is a VCR... also too bad it's a useless talent now. :p

only bad part of this method is that when in the advanced editor it doesn't copy it right, it just post the link with the text being the name of the shortcut...

Why bother dragging it? just click on it and it'll post it... like this, this only works if you use the bookmark code...

That method doesn't work for me and I'm using a Mozilla based browser as well. Did you drag the link from the badge itself or from Hardfolding.com?

Not really doable with stock vBulletin. I suppose you could set custom sig permissions for a specific user group, but then Folders would have to be a user group unto itself and someone would have to manage it manually so that not just anyone could check an "I'm a Folder" box and be able to use those permissions. Or to join that group there'd need to be some custom programming to "phone home" to verify one's status as a Folder.

Is there a way you guys post them in every post other than pasting the code in from a handy shortcut? some kind of script or program???
Has anyone tried a macro program? When I was on a Mac I used one called TypeIt4Me that let you assign blocks of text to just a couple keystrokes. :)

Lethal, it's doable but the code to strip the links must be expanded to add a exception with a specific link (pointing to hardfolding) to the badges with only the variable being the member id. This need some custom work and I doubt Kyle and Cliff wish to mess with the code...

Lethal, it's doable but the code to strip the links must be expanded to add a exception with a specific link (pointing to hardfolding) to the badges with only the variable being the member id. This need some custom work and I doubt Kyle and Cliff wish to mess with the code...

Actually, we were told that if someone could write the plugin for vBulletin to allow an exception for the folding badges that Kyle would look into having it implemented. I don't remember what thread the discussion was in and I definitely do not know how to do anything like that but I believe it was possible. It's just that someone would have to write it.

Single click the link on your links bar instead of the submit button. It's a breeze.

Actually, we were told that if someone could write the plugin for vBulletin to allow an exception for the folding badges that Kyle would look into having it implemented. I don't remember what thread the discussion was in and I definitely do not know how to do anything like that but I believe it was possible. It's just that someone would have to write it.

I know what you're talking about. It was in one of the Newegg threads...

To Digital_Exhaust:

Haha...you should smell what its like behind *both* of you guys! :eek:

I'd love to see an easier option to post the [H]Folding stats. Thats the biggest reason I don't have it in my sig yet.

That's not broccoli:D

What's odd is that for some reason, you have disappeared from my threat list... as has Kendrak:confused:

That means he's already past you? :cool: Seriously, When I check your stats I see him in your threat list. He's just flying in stealth mode.

Killer[MoB];1032151379 said:
How freakin hard is it to click a link?? :confused:

No joke especially if you read the instructions.

Create a link to no where in the same favorite’s folder you use for hardfolding.com

Rename it “Badge”

Cut and paste the code from your stats on the stats site.

When you finish a post simply click “Badge”. It will insert your badge and close the post.

Don’t forget to pick a pretty color first:)

I did that, but when I click on the shortcut (Firefox), it give me an error that says "that URL is not valid and cannot be loaded"

Badge
^
this is what happens when I drag/drop it into the post window.

I have to right click the link, then hit properties, highlight the code, then paste it here to get this:

Go to the page where you are highlighting the code.

Looks towards the middle where you see "Drag and Drop to Toolbar Badge"

Right click on that badge and select "add to favorites". Save it to your links bar.

Click that "link" instead of the submit button.

Okay - I'll just have to remember to use the link instead of the submit button. I'll just have to set up all of my computers with the shortcut.

Killer[MoB];1032151572 said:
Go to the page where you are highlighting the code.

Looks towards the middle where you see "Drag and Drop to Toolbar Badge"

Right click on that badge and select "add to favorites". Save it to your links bar.

Click that "link" instead of the submit button.

well, the bookmark didn't work quite right, it deleted the text I had typed in before it added the image...

*EDIT* ^^ tried another method, and after typing in "If this doesn't work, I'm going to break something", then clicking the link, all of the text I typed in disappeared and I was left with a post of nothing but the F@H badge...

The bookmark method sometimes works sometimes doesn't for me. It largely seems contingent upon whether there is quoted text in the post or not.

The bookmark method sometimes works sometimes doesn't for me. It largely seems contingent upon whether there is quoted text in the post or not.

Really? Never had a problem!

Really? Never had a problem!
In my case, when there is quoted text the only thing that appears in my post is the quotation(s) and the badge. My actual reply is not included - weird. I am using SeaMonkey, so maybe there's an issue with this browser. However, a simple reply with no quoted text works flawlessly. YMMV.

All I can say is make sure when you click the bookmark to post the badge and submit your reply that the cursor is at the very end of the post if you are not doing so.

Okay, nevermind that. Just tried it with the cursor at the beginning of the post and it still put it at the end of the post anyway with Firefox. King must have done some changes or something because it used to mess with things if it wasn't at the end of the post.

Okay, nevermind that. Just tried it with the cursor at the beginning of the post and it still put it at the end of the post anyway with Firefox. King must have done some changes or something because it used to mess with things if it wasn't at the end of the post.
In my case it won't work if I quote someone else's post like I did here.

Well, no matter what I do it doesn't work... only thing I haven't tried is the quick reply

testing with quick reply

well, it worked with quick reply... but not with the advanced editor...

I'm out of ideas. I would say you are doing it right and that it is just something with the browser you are using or maybe some security settings. Security settings is a long shot though since it works on the quick reply.

testing with quick reply

well, it worked with quick reply... but not with the advanced editor...
Same here. I thought it was only when I was quoting text, but it's the advanced editor. Whether I quote someone else's post or if I only type my reply, whatever I type won't be saved. IOW, the badge and quoted text will be there but nothing else. However, using the quick reply works as advertised. The only problem is you can't quote someone using quick reply. :rolleyes:

APOLLO said:
Same here. I thought it was only when I was quoting text, but it's the advanced editor. Whether I quote someone else's post or if I only type my reply, whatever I type won't be saved. IOW, the badge and quoted text will be there but nothing else. However, using the quick reply works as advertised. The only problem is you can't quote someone using quick reply.

you can if you know the bb code :p

Back