I accidently deleted files from the USB flash disk

firas

2[H]4U
The accountant in my company gave me the flash disk, I gave it to someone else, and that someone else deleted the accountant files, those files are 2 weeks work 4 hours a day!

any chance?

The accountant in my company gave me the flash disk, I gave it to someone else, and that someone else deleted the accountant files, those files are 2 weeks work 4 hours a day!

any chance?

what file system does the flash disk use? I may be possible to use an undelete type utility as long as it hasn't been written to since the files were deleted.

Might want to try Recuva (same guys that make CCleaner)... it should do the trick, and it's free so it couldn't hurt to try...

let me tell you the story in brief, the accountant in my company gave it to me, someone else took it and deleted all the files from it, the accountant said it contained hundreds of files he’s been working on them for the past three weeks and he doesn’t have any other copy of them, the whole company turned upside down

After I made this thread yesterday I started searching and trying different software and surprisingly these things was able to recover most of the files, the one I used at the end restored everything (about 800MB)

87573622ch9.jpg

Data Doctor Recovery Pen Drive
good, took the longest time, I felt it maintained the original file names more than the other programs, wasn’t able to check the files contents cuz its not a registered version, the preview area in the interface is small and hard to deal with

Back2Life
good result, nice filter option, took a very short time, nice and easy interface

Recover My Files
it arranged the results by type and that wasn’t helpful, I guess it can be configured to show them the way they were like the other programs, also I didn’t feel good about the results, too may ZIP files that shouldn’t be there and felt that a lot of files are missing

Easy FATFile Undelete
small simple one, arranged them be type like the previous one, also didn’t feel good about the results

GetDataBack for FAT
I liked it and that’s the one I took all the files from

thanks for the help everyone, I hope this information will save someone else

What kind of accountant doesn't keep backups of everything? I guess I would have been evil and said all was lost and have him start recreating stuff for a day or two then tell him you saved it this time.. You know teach him a little backup backup backup..

Glad to hear you recovered your stuff.

AMDbuilder

Back