Completed new build with WC loop

astyler

Gawd
Finally completed my build. It serves as my primary desktop and dedicated PVR backend. (in Linux!) This is the second WC loop I've done, and the first time I've completely internalized it. Took some dremel work and rivet removal to get it all in, but I think it was worth it :D. It did SuperPi1M in 10.1 seconds, but I heard the linux version it ran on is better optimized so take it with a grain of salt (I'll be using the figure to compare my overclock settings). It's running at 400x9 = 3.6 ghz at the moment, I haven't done a real overclock yet. I'll post results of my overclock soon, but I'm aiming for 4.5.

EDIT: If anyone has found cool settings on this board for overclocking, or has any cabling suggestions, let me know :D.

Specs:
Intel Xeon e3110 w/ Swiftech Apogee GT (this chip is the e8400 twin)
DFI LanParty DK P35-T2RS w/ Swiftech MCW30 on NB
2GB Buffalo Firestix DDR2-8000 D9 Micron
eVGA 8800GT KO w/ Swiftech MCW60-R
Corsair 620hx PSU
P180 v1.1 Case
2x Black Ice Pro 120s
Swiftech Pump, microres, and some Tygon tubing
Hauppauge PVR-500 (2 analog tuner card)
pcHDTV-5500 (1 HD capture card)

Pic with final wire management:
wires.jpg

Pic before final wire management of full loop:
wholeloop.jpg

looks nice. but what was your question? :confused:

Nothing, just trying to rival Burpy. Although, if anyone has overclocked with this DFI board and has tips I'm all ears. Lots of settings to mess around with, it's going to be a fun weekend :D.

Also a proof of concept because people tend to say WCing in the 180/182 and/or other mid-towers is cramped. It doesn't have to be! if you're willing to make concessions (I lost the floppy bay , hard drive cage, and 3 5.25" bays. Wait.. I guess I just proved it's cramped.)

Back