Static pressure increase dropped my temps 5C!

Logan321

[H]ard|Gawd
I was using a Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120MM Fan 1600RPM 88.1CFM 33DBA for my Ultima90 heatsink, and was getting max 57C loaded with folding@home. Replaced that fan with a NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 120MM Fan 1700RPM 68.9CFM 30DBA and now I'm getting 52C with folding@home. I think I'll grab a second one for my P180B intake intake fan, should pull through the grill and filter a lot better.

Seems like the slipstreams are good fans for exhaust only... even as an intake fan, pulling air through a filter seems like a chore for 'em.

I'm happy with the Ultima90 heatsink though, not quite as good as the TRUE but dang close for $38 instead of $65.

I tried a couple different configs, but the Ultima90 facing towards the back with the single Panaflo 120x38mm fan on it yielded the best temps. Rear and top exhaust fans are Slipstream Kaze Jyuni 120x25mm 1200rpm 68CFM.

inside.jpg

overclock.jpg

That's nice... but you're comparing a 25mm fan to a 38mm fan, are you not?

Do you have a Yate Loon on you? I'd like to see that compared to the Slipstream (with all its fins and whatnot).

That's nice... but you're comparing a 25mm fan to a 38mm fan, are you not?

Do you have a Yate Loon on you? I'd like to see that compared to the Slipstream (with all its fins and whatnot).

Yes, but higher CFM with the 25mm fan (advertised CFM anyway) and same rpm... Increased depth of fan definitely improves performance of tight-packed fins like the TRUE and Ultima90.

I put one of my 38mm NMB-MAT 120mm (1700 RPM) fans on my TRUE and I saw about a 5C decrease in core temps. I've been running 3 Yate Loon (1350 RPM) fans for the case and have been happy overall. I did order 3 1,200 RPM Slip Streams to replace the Yate Loon's. I personally don't think I'll notice any type of difference, but from much advice, I'm giving them a shot.

I run a fan controller and I was also considering 1,600 RPM S-Flex fans that I could undervolt to 800 RPM if needed.

Back