LG L227WTG-PF now available

j0j081

Gawd
Anyone know if that contrast ration the Dynamic Contrast or a real contrast ration?

OK, i just got this from Best Buy, and the screen itself is GLOSSY!!! which makes everything look much better, colors are really good, gaming is real fun with this monitor as well, overall i am very pleased with this display.....no ghosting, no trailing, no color banding, best 22" yet, better than my samsung 2232bw "S"

A glossy screen ? Hmm, the prad.de review specifically mentions a matte screen. It looks like that review is sorta old, though. Possibly some revisions prior to the final release ?

One question for those folks who have bought or played with this monitor....

The prad.de review says that the dynamic contrast cannot be completely disabled / turned off. Any idea what they mean by that ? I am considering this model, but I cannot stand DC. ( Way too hard on the eyeballs.)

Thanks for any feedback about this.

Yes, notice the Best Buy model as L227WTG, the G stands for glossy, the euro model does not have the G, only US........as far as the dynamic contrast, i believe its the F engine, and you can leave it to normal, and it should be fine.

Hmm looks interesting. Can't wait for a review.. I might actually buy it.

It looked okay (went to go check it out today at Best Buy), but the Glossy killed it for me. :( I'm not a fan of glossy personally. Matte finish ftw.

Are you kidding me, this blows the samsung out of the water.......

I highly doubt it. If you like it that much better you probably prefer glossy screens which are more eye catching but have their disadvantages as well.

I highly doubt it. If you like it that much better you probably prefer glossy screens which are more eye catching but have their disadvantages as well.

its another 226bw vs HP2207h battle. similar specs but glossy vs non-glossy

I dont care if its glossy or non glossy. Makes no differnce to me. I just want the one with the best picture quality.

which one should I choose?

Ive had time to play around with most 22" screen, including the 2253bw, so far the LG is by far the most superior 22" i have come across, no input lag, no ghosting, best gaming 22" yet IMO

I want it for gaming so I am going to go with this monitor if thats true.

Is bestbuy the cheapest place to buy it or what?

This monitor will not dissapoint a gamer, if you want a true 8bit panel, go for an IPS or high end PVA, you get what you pay for, and this is a good sized gaming monitor with good color reproduction and GREAT gaming performance.

I am really picky with monitors, one thing i noticed about this one is, color banding shows when going below, or above 70 contrast, but taking down the brightness to 10 makes it viewable....good gaming monitor tho, but for color and image quality, it may not be great

It looked okay (went to go check it out today at Best Buy), but the Glossy killed it for me. :( I'm not a fan of glossy personally. Matte finish ftw.

Same here. I can't understand why manufacturers are so obsessed with the glossy black finish. It's fucking awful, looks cheap, shows all the dirt and reflects light making it difficult to watch. For this reason I wouldn't buy this or any Samsung. Nasty, nasty designs.

So, this is good for gaming. How about browsing and office use?

I was considering the w2207/w2207h, then I read about this new LG.

Same here. I can't understand why manufacturers are so obsessed with the glossy black finish. It's fucking awful, looks cheap, shows all the dirt and reflects light making it difficult to watch. For this reason I wouldn't buy this or any Samsung. Nasty, nasty designs.

he is talking about the screen being glossy opposed to matte, not the design of the casing. glossy casing is fine not like a normal person will be touching it all day finger printing it up.

after playing around with this monitor, for gaming it is amazing, but its got color banding when lower the contrast, or taking it higher, keeping it at 70 is the best for image quality, but its a little too hard on the eyes, this is the only negative about this monitor, but since i mainly game on it, i am keeping it, for gaming and input lag its amazing, you have to look at it this way, EVERY monitor has a flaw, you have to accept it, backlight bleed is very minimal, the glossy screen isnt too glossy, it is just the perfect amount, much less than the HP or gateway screens.............

PROS
- ZERO input lag
- No Ghosting
- No trailing because of overdrive (NONE!!!)
- Top gaming lcd's aout now

CONS
- Color banding when lowering or uping the contrast (keeping it at 70 eliminates banding)
- Too bright can cause eye strain

Overall i give this monitor 8/10 :)

he is talking about the screen being glossy opposed to matte, not the design of the casing. glossy casing is fine not like a normal person will be touching it all day finger printing it up.

Even worse. I noticed the HP screens have this glossy screen finish. Similar to the Apple Mac screens. I also agree the glossy screens are problematic, the reflective nature of the screens is damaging to ones eyes in light condition.

Actually the LG screen is not as glossy as HP or the Gateway, i have a window right next to my monitor and the reflection is not even close to being noticeable enless you concentrate hard enough

hopefully it doesnt have the same color banding issue when lowering the contrast, i dont like high contrast, killer on the eyes.

This lcd is on sale at Best Buy this week for $290 out the door. More interestingly though I found this other 22 inch LG the W2252TQ. It apparently has 1:1 pixel mapping unlike the lcd this thread is about. See it here.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8739092&type=product&id=1201913867402

on the lg site although the general specs are the same they have different features. Or maybe that is just all their marketing bs and both panels are the same in a different case

So now I'm debating between this monitor in the thread or the W2252TQ? What benefit would 1:1 help if I'm not really going to hook up my monitor to anything other than my PC? If I want to see HD videos or movies, I'll have my PC connected to my 46" LCD for that. So would u guys recommend the L227WTG over the W2252TQ for my uses? I'm not concerned about the price since I could always find a 10% coupon for BB at my post office.

Im going to return my samsung with the stuck pixel and go get this tomorrow. Is there anyway to check if it has dead pixels at the store?

Back