Swan M12...

Can't be the Swan M10 replacement, the M10's just came out a while ago and this has a different purpose. They are made for multimedia. However, the M12's are geared towards gaming(if you click through the photos of them carefully you will see) Different audience, different set of nice 2.1's

yeah this looks like it is console oriented too. Probably has more bass then.

Wow, right when I bought my m10's.

I still love my m10's though. I prefer its look, even if these m12's do have better sound.

It does not mean they have better sound, they probably only have better bass for gaming.

Yeah, not too big of a fan of the design. The m10s are sleek and original. The m12s look a little bit like Logitech. Everything about the m10 and m12 are the same except the frequency responses and design. There are more controls on the m12 (looks like bass AND treble, which is nice) and more inputs (auxilary and headphone).

I would definitely get these if I had more money and I was more gaming oriented. Oh well, I just ordered the m10s anyway :p

yeah, certainly console oriented and the design is WTF? - tastic.

However, it is Swan and it will sound good.

Are the Swans better than the Bose companions? I was thinking of getting some computer speakers and I liked Klipsch pro media but they break to fast. Logitech Z-5500 are just powerful with outrageous bass but sound terrible (even the creative inspire sound better). Bose companions are sooo nice but pricey. Never heard of swans before.

From one of the pics showing a close up of the writing on the sub:
"For ... Xbox360/PS3 Game Consoles"

Yep...

Swans play "accurate" sound and have an amp built into the sub which technically doesn't make it a real sub but, anyway, the sub thing is supposed to be placed in front of the user.

Back