Western Digital 1 TB (1000gb) Hard Drive [Cavalry WD10EACS] @ Buy.com ~ $180 Shipped

gramarye

Gawd
1TB SATA, 16MB, High Speed (WD10EACS) Internal Hard Drive with Full Feature Backup Software - CAIS01000

206895079bg4.jpg

Product Link

$179 Shipped / $169 Shipped or $154 (after GC)

Manufacturer: Cavalry
Mfg Part#: CAIS01000

Introducing Cavalrys new internal high speed backup hard drive system with Regen Backup software, a powerful application that backs up your data and syncs your new data to your storage drive. An easy-to-set up application, it lets you choose the folders, types of files and other personal data to Backup and Sync. This unit offers system backup of entire drive with helpful wizards for easy operation.

Features
Minimize the clutter on your desk with this internal storage backup system. A sophisticated scheduler allows you to queue jobs for optimum usage. Selective files backup of internal, external or network drives. Synchronize tool feature to synchronize specific folders or files on two different drives. Selective recovery of entire drive or selected folders including search feature. Logging of backup and recovery events

Specifications
Capacity: 1TB
Interface: SATA 3.0GB/sec
Buffer Size: 16MB
Rotational Speed: 5400-7200rpm

Package Contents
Western Digital WD10EACS 1TB SATA II HDD w/ 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty
(1) Internal SATA cable
(1) Internal hard drive power cable
Installation Screws
Backup software

Absolutley WHITE HOT.

This is an awesome deal.

This is a good sign! I'm waiting till 750's and the 1TB drives come down in cost even more. I need 4 or 5 of them :)

Yeah, if nothing else, the part # is a giveaway.

Nice deal 1TB for just a few greenbacks more than what 750GB drives normally go for? And with full 3 year warranty (seems to be retail boxed [or at least not just bare drive/nothing else], and unless they've changed WD drives retail are usually 1 year). Cheapest I found (via froogle) for the drives are ~$223 @ ClubIT/ZZF - Newegg had them for ~$200, but they were OB items.

I'd love to get one (or more!) of these puppies, but I have to give my credit & debit cards a rest after spending well over $600 in parts a couple weeks ago.

Super great deal.

I just attempted to add 100 items to my cart and it let me...hmmmm.

there are 750's around this forum somewhere for $130 -$140. and iirc, they are not "green" variable speed drives.

!!! 100? Itching to spend $18,000 are we?

No, just wanting to see how many they had in stock or would let someone order. Usually if you try to add to many or they have an "unknown limit" it wills top you but none that I saw.

damn you, damn you all. This is so tempting...Just like matt fury said I really can replace my 4x320 raid 5 with one of these........aaaaaah

Do I pull the trigger?

damn you, damn you all. This is so tempting...Just like matt fury said I really can replace my 4x320 raid 5 with one of these........aaaaaah

Do I pull the trigger?

Do it and let me know how it goes...mines 4x320 too lol.

Just think...get rid of that big case, go down to a matx.......

just make sure you convert to GPT when going over 2 TB on that raid-5 ;)

Yeah, I wanna toss my :eek: eleven 250gb WDs in RAID 5 w/ GPT and just get 5 TB RE2 GPs. Smaller case, psu everything and lower power bill! :D

Anyone know how well buy.com packs their HD's for shipping? Buddy of mine wants to know before he jumps in on this.

Good point, and was it ever resolved as to weather or not these are refurb.

Newegg pisses me off how they package HDDs (although it has been a while since I have ordered one from them) ZZF is much better.

I read that these drives that have a special head parking feature to help prevent head damage when shipping. I have bought cavalry products before and never had any problems, (external drives).

i disagree, they arent even variable speed. they are one fixed rpm and it doesnt change.

there is a big thread on this in the disk storage systems forum.

these "variable speed" drives, are in fact NOT variable.

i disagree, they arent even variable speed. they are one fixed rpm and it doesnt change.

there is a big thread on this in the disk storage systems forum.

these "variable speed" drives, are in fact NOT variable.

If you knew the awnser, then why bother with the stupid question then?

Well, they are still variable speed drives, the speed varies from model to model...Hence the name, so that is still what they are.

yesterday i just received my order i placed 3 days ago for 3 seagate 1TB drives, and i paid $235 each, now they go and drop the price to $199 ( although with a limit of 1 per person)
I knew that right after i ordered them that the prices would go down on TB drives :rolleyes:

Now I read about these cheaper WD ones here.
Not that i could have bought these anyways since buy.com wont ship to Canada.
And ca.buy.com never has any deals.

oh well at least my seagates have 5 year warrenty.

nice to see prices dropping on TB drives,, too bad it didnt happen a few days ago when i bought mine :(

If you knew the awnser, then why bother with the stupid question then?

i dont know the answer. are THESE drives the so called, "variable speed" drives... i want a couple if they are NOT. if they are, i will pass. i dont want to be "green", i dont want to help "save" the planet, and i dont care how much electricity i use. i want the power damnit!

i dont know the answer. are THESE drives the so called, "variable speed" drives... i want a couple if they are NOT. if they are, i will pass. i dont want to be "green", i dont want to help "save" the planet, and i dont care how much electricity i use. i want the power damnit!

Model number and Google.com does magic. Yes, these are the green drives, you don't even need to search, the model number is simple enough and only found with the GP.

From SD:
5% off coupon
Subtotal: $180.49

Basically same as using Google checkout.

Sill doesn't beat the Hitachi 7K1000 External Terabyte Drive I got for $141 @ Best Buy around October last year. :D

[$200 - $40 (CC coupon PM) - 12% coupon]

...Of course I end up buying an imported aluminum hard drive enclosure with a heavy import tax that resulted over $100 itself. And later discover they finally sell it here in the US for $40. yup.

Glad you guys are enjoing the deals ;) Good Luck!

Back