e3110, e8400 equiv. in stock, $203 shipped

must have a warehouse in CA as well, makes sense since most companies do in the first place, but for them especially so that they have both coasts covered

Perfect, thanks. My brother has been waiting for a good price like this. It was $215 shipped with FEDEX 2nd day using google checkout.

Not sure why, but they make you use fedex 2nd day when using google checkout. You can use regular ground directly through the site for $12.00 cheaper.

Thanks, I picked one up for a pc I'm building for my mother. Seems lke the only difference is power used at idle is higher and power used at full power is lower.

Definitely a nice find.

Thanks, I picked one up for a pc I'm building for my mother. Seems lke the only difference is power used at idle is higher and power used at full power is lower.

Definitely a nice find.

I hear that it runs a little hotter too, but the chip is binned to take higher heat. That would coincide with the using more power part.

Does a equivalent exist for the E8200 or E8300? Need cheaper stuff.

Nice! In for one. Still waiting on the one I ordered from Buy.com over a month ago for $208 shipped! I bet if I cancel the order it show up next week??:D

Other than power consumption are there any MAJOR differences between the E8400 and the E3110??

Depends on what MB you put it on and if you plan on OC'ing it.

great find for me as I searched for the X3350 and after the code and shipping it is $326 for the OEM version.

Thanks for the link

great find for me as I searched for the X3350 and after the code and shipping it is $326 for the OEM version.

Thanks for the link

It's funny you post that because I was just trying to purchase that cpu but their checkout server is messed up and won't let me finish the final step of checkout. That coupon code also works on 9800GX2's too. Get it!

Got my tracking number. I hope this sucker will pump out 4GHz on the DS3L I'll be getting in a couple weeks. :D

I think they are having a problem if you try to pay by paypal, just use your credit card I guess.

I think they are having a problem if you try to pay by paypal, just use your credit card I guess.

Thanks for the input, that makes sense. They're still listing my order under my account. I called a couple of times, but they're closed so I sent an email. We shall see.

How do these OC compared to the E8400?
From what I've read, the consensus is that they're generally better than the 8400, because it's believed that Intel picks the best of the 8400s and calls them 3110s.

The only difference I noticed spec wise is that the 8400's can use more power under load, but less at idle than the 3110.

Is it just me, or are all of the links in their email confirmations pointing to moorgr.com?

Yea... odd. I applied for accounts at both Lagoom and Moogr, and both of the confirmation emails had exact lettering in some parts.

I bit on this. Been waiting to find an E8400 or E3110. Frys had the E8400 for $275, bleh. Thanks for the coupon op!

edit: Heres a link for everyone. Should put one in the first post.
http://www.moogr.com/INTEL_CPU_XEON_E3110_3.00GHZ_FSB1333MHZ/BX80570E3110/partinfo-id-349879.html

Another interesting point that caught my eye (legit or not)...

"* Pictures and description of Intel CPU XEON E3110 3.00GHZ FSB1333MHZ 6M are for your convenience only and may not be accurate! You should by no means buy this product based on the description or the picture. We will ship you the item based on the product name and mfg number only. For accurate Intel CPU XEON E3110 3.00GHZ FSB1333MHZ 6M pictures and descriptions, please check the Intel's website."

PLEASE tell me *no one* is this clueless. Has it come to this??
WTF are we *supposed* to make a purchase based on then????
We're not in a B&M, can't touch it, taste it, smell it, etc....
/rant off

"You should by no means buy this product based on the description or the picture."
Indeed.

they are saying to go by the product name and manufacturer info only.

basically if there was no pic, like when i bought my other at buy.com, it said e3110 775 socket blah blah blah so make sure the product description is what your buying and not the picture.

lol

I know...I just meant that it's disgusting how everyone is getting so "we're not responsible" for *anything* anymore...

Just totally sickening. That's all ;)

can anyone tell me about moogr? i live about a half hour from them i think. over at anandtech they posted their address as 231 Georgetown Rd
Strasburg, PA 17579. im in York,PA. kinda leary of new companies. but they have a great price on the X3350 with the code. thanks all.

They seem to have a warehouse in City of Industry, CA. That's where my chip is being shipped from, and I should be getting it on Monday... SWEET.

Can I be you mother, pleeeeaaaase? :p

I'm just building it...ok, I did buy it, but I'll get a check to cover all costs. Hopefully it'll be fun to build and I'll learn a few things about the P180/182 case.

FYI folks, these guys deliver quickly. I ordered the CPU on the 20th, got it this afternoon at lunch. ended up ordering a Corsair HX550 PSU (way to big for what she's going to use it for, but it's quiet, efficient and, hopefully, flexible). from them a day or so later. Wish I'd realized they had it on the 20th...probably would have saved 6 or 7 bucks on shipping.

Bottom line is they're fast...even sent me a thank you email once the package arrived here. Probably automated, but a nice touch.

Anyway, I ordered the PSU on Saturday or Sunday and it'll be here tomorrow. P180 Case comes tomorrow too, as does the MB, graphics card, HD, DVD and an internal memory card reader from the Egg, which also arrives tomorrow.....alas, work will keep me busy for at least the rest of this week and next week will be hellish as well.

As long as I get the CPU into the box, Vista installed and can test the memory and burn the CPU, I should be ok.

Anyone know how loud the Intel fans are? I'm thinking of putting an after market cooler/fan on it, just to keep things as quiet as possible.

And today I got the PSU. I wish I'd reread the Enermax 82+ review on Silentpcreview.com. I didn't realize that there was a 425w version....I even wee a 380ish version. Given how low power the system I'm building will be, even that would have been overkill....if it's as quiet as the one reviewed, it'd have been perfect.

But definitely going to continue to shop this store if they remain this competitive and shipping is as quick as it was for my 2 orders (not that newegg or Frys were slouches....all Sat-Mon orders arrived today).

Back