What to do if I've been ripped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RADEoN

Supreme [H]ardness
I sent money in for an item from someone on this forum on Monday (who is going to remain anonymous until I'm totally sure I've been shafted) He has 100 percent heatware, 28-0-0. I talked to him Wednesday about this, and told him I needed the motherboard for today. He told me he had not yet shipped it yet, and would next day air it at my request. I even offered to split the difference with him.

Since this private message, I have gotten no response or private messages from him, and I see he HAS logged into the forum.

What are my options here?

Expose the person. If they're reputable and want to keep their good reputation, they'll come forward and explain the situation and move the process along to get you your goods.

Did you get a phone number or secure any other means of reaching them?

Expose the person. If they're reputable and want to keep their good reputation, they'll come forward and explain the situation and move the process along to get you your goods.

No, because then if I'm wrong and something happened his name is going to be tarnished.

Hence, you both agree in the thread that there was a miscommunication but everything has been sorted out, then you lock the thread and you both maintain a good reputation.

guy logged into the forum today at 7:12pm, more than a half hour after i sent him this PM:

Where is my motherboard? I paid you Monday, and you never claimed to have shipped it till Thursday, when you said you would next-day-air it for me. It's now Saturday and I have nothing.

What is the problem?

My phone number is 412-EDI-TED#.

No reply. You guys think I should start to pursue it more?

guy logged into the forum today at 7:12pm, more than a half hour after i sent him this PM:

No reply. You guys think I should start to pursue it more?

definitely expose him, I dont use heatware but can you give him negative ratings some how?

I've dealt with RADEoN before, and he is a good guy. Don't know why anyone would screw him over.

He hasn't replied to any of my PM's since Wednesday and he's logged in plenty of times.

Thanks vertigo. I felt bad posting something like this about a seller, but now that kinda takes the sting out.

Sent you a PM with his phone number as I got it via PM from another deal that he flaked on payment (he stopped responding when it reached closer to the paydate after he asked for more time to send payment). What I find odd is I give all my buyers notice to contact me if they change their minds or need additional time.
Didn't think nothing of it as I rarely have a listing go to sale without a few no-payments. Just bugged me a little as he insisted I mark it as sold, asked for my paypal addy, but never sent payment (even requested more time).
Mods PM me if you want his number, or you have my permission to look in my inbox;)

Thanks man.

How soon would be too soon to call him and tell him i got his number from a another disgruntled forum goer?

I dunno I'd feel like a stalker if I called him

i saw that guy, but here's the issue, slade lives in CA, this guy is

Systems Analyst

so i have no clue what to believe

Radeon sold me a card and it got here right away
give the guy a few days \
Hang in there...

i'm fine with waiting, i am just getting frustrated with the lack of PM's

I'm going to send him a PM and tell him i have his phone number, i got it from someone I'm forum friends with, and if he doesn't make an effort to contact me by 5 pm EST tomorrow, I'm going to call him.

hey guys, i just saw this thread. hey radeon, im giving back your money now. I broke the motherboard that i sold you. sorry again for the delay. Now im out of mobo and money:( I transfering you money back now. again,sorry for the inconvenience

BTW, thats not me :)
I dunno I'd feel like a stalker if I called him

i saw that guy, but here's the issue, slade lives in CA, this guy is

Systems Analyst

so i have no clue what to believe

Why the F*CK are you ranting about it on another website rather than communicating with your buyer ?! No logic at ALL.

thats what i was thinking at least it got resolved. This place is so much better then ebay and people still get pissed when things just dont go ubber fast. He refunded the money... if he was trying to screw the other guy he woulda kept the money and sent the dead Mobo or something

thats what i was thinking at least it got resolved. This place is so much better then ebay and people still get pissed when things just dont go ubber fast. He refunded the money... if he was trying to screw the other guy he woulda kept the money and sent the dead Mobo or something

I saw this thread now and i was amazed by peoples comments. Granted its my fault for not Pming him right away and making a thread about it to a different forum. Honestly, i have no clue why i did that. LOL!!! oh well

No offense slade, but I've seen another (well, personally been told) of another deal went sour, and last I knew, you left the buyer hanging...That was awhile ago though, on another forum, lucky that guy is a good fella.

No offense slade, but I've seen another (well, personally been told) of another deal went sour, and last I knew, you left the buyer hanging...That was awhile ago though, on another forum, lucky that guy is a good fella.

I know who your talking about, There's more to the story than what he was saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back