Forsaken1

Limp Gawd
This is one great motherboard.

E8400 500x9=4.5. 1200MHz ram.

5003.jpg

Q6600 501x8=4.11. 1002Mhz ram.

501x8-1.jpg

Nice forsaken...

So do these overclocks represent the highest stable FSB you can achieve with the DFI board?

500+ for a quad core is impressive. I've been looking for a good board for my Q9450...maybe this will be the one?

does the true 120 fit this board vertical (blowing the air out the back) while using the "mini true"? :)

Actually the TRUE does fit vertically and the base is just a tad off center BUT the entire IHS is covered by the heatsink completely. It's a very tight fit but i have mine setup that way now.

I assume you're using phase for cooling? Very impressive numbers nonetheless.

If you want high FSB on this board don't get a Q9450. When I put a E6600 in it goes straight to 500 FSB. Put in a Q9450 and it can barely do 400 FSB. Both multis at 6X.

Nice, this is the same motherboard I picked up. All the results I've seen so far with this proc/mobo have had a hard time past 450 fsb...

Is it stable?

Hmm, pity. I think I'll wait for the UT X48 then, that shouldn't interfere with my 120 Ultra Extreme.

Very nice, my Abit ip35 pro couldnt get 4ghz stable with an e8400 and can't get past 3.8ghz with a Q6600 no matter what the multiplier fsb is. DFI rocks! but would it be asking them too much to put 1 esata connection on any of their boards?

Or a working website? :) I admit having an an esata port on my P5K was a selling point, but I've since switched to an adapter I got with an external enclosure, that way I can just plug the port into one of my internal sockets and not have to activate the controller for the esata, which slows down the boot process.

Hrmm, not sure, deal with the funky outside the back UT cooler, or get the LT and switch CPU coolers.

I have the same board with a Q9450 in it and i was wondering if those temps were right? They seem a bit too low with my chip also. Unless I'm wrong, they run this cool? Is there another program that I can verify temps, like coretemp that would work with the Q9450?

I have the same board with a Q9450 in it and i was wondering if those temps were right? They seem a bit too low with my chip also. Unless I'm wrong, they run this cool? Is there another program that I can verify temps, like coretemp that would work with the Q9450?
I'm planning to get the same combo, what is the highest FSB did you get with it?

I haven't played around with it just yet. I'm still not done with the installation just yet as I'm trying to install a sound car which right now, I'm about to break it. Will let you know soon this week when I start upping the FSB on it.

Back