Wrong Tracking Number?

vanilla_guerilla

Supreme [H]ardness
has anyone ever gotten a wrong tracking number? i order a lot of stuff from internet and i never have. i ordered some hd-dvds from amazon yesterday that i saw in a thread in hot deals, and paid $9 for next day delivery . i didnt really think that they were going to actually get it to me in less than a day, but it was cheap and i figured maybe 2 days. so today they email me that they cant deliver today and will refund the shipping and still get it here by tomorrow. then later i get a tracking number. i cut and paste it to fedex tracking and find that my package has been successfully delivered, on jan 22, 2007 to another guy in another city. when i called customer service i got the expected "its ok, if you dont get it tomorrow call back bye" that you get when cs doesnt have any answers. so if fedex has my package marked as delivered, chances are they are not going to deliver me anything tomorrow, right?

that or you'll get the other guys stuff

I've never goten a wrong tracking number but i've definetly goten other peoples orders in the past, but when I called up cs to get my right order they threw something extra in

FedEx and UPS both recycle tracking numbers. This has happened to me before and what happened was my package had not actually shipped yet. Once it actually shipped, all of the tracking data associated with that tracking number updated to reflect my shipment.

FedEx and UPS both recycle tracking numbers. This has happened to me before and what happened was my package had not actually shipped yet. Once it actually shipped, all of the tracking data associated with that tracking number updated to reflect my shipment.

Yeah, I had the same problem with a package from UPS.

Sometimes fedex or ups re uses a tracking number they used before for another shipment.What happends is that sometimes its not updated in the system ,so you get the old information. Happend to me twice,got my stuff anyways on time.

Back