Dell 2408WFP vs. HP W2408h- decisions, decisions

After quite a bit of researching specs, which lead me here, which lead me to tftcentral, which lead me to (you get the point), I think I've finally narrowed my choices down to two options:

Dell's 2408WFP @ $599*
vs.
HP's W2408h @ $480*

My experience so far has been good with both brands. At home I have a 19" dell which has served me faithfully for several years. At work we use HP 19" lcd's and I have yet to see one have an issue** (90 deployed over the past year). Specs appear to be about equal, the Dell has the sexiness factor while the HP has the price. Other opinions?

*Best price found as of this writing
**That was not resolved by power cycle

Completely different classes of monitors. The Dell has a S-PVA panel, and the HP has a TN panel. For the relatively small (percentage-wise) difference in price, I'd go for the Dell no question. VA monitors have much better color reproduction and contrast than TN panels. IPS panels are even better, but cost an arm and a leg at 24" and above.

I just have new Dell 2408 WFP in front on me .Buy in Canada and made in Mexico 599$
After some tests i didn't see problems about wich i read on forums So for now i am satisfied and can recommand it
I use it for graphics 2d-2d

I have a 4 day old Dell 2408 WFP. I have not experienced any of the problems with it described in many of the forums (uneven lighting, horrible input lag, pink tones on the edges, etc.), but I do notice that the monitor has very, very strong reds and greens, most likely due to the extended color gamut. I've purchased a Spyder3 Pro to calibrate it, but it won't arrive until next week. I'm pretty happy with it though.

Back