[H]ard|Mowed Over Club..

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
WOW!! Alright boys and girls, with the recent addition of Pocatello, we're up to five... yeah... that's right, FIVE members.

This is a call out to all of you who have been Mowed Over by the recent influx of big dogs and heavy hitters we've seen here lately:)

I've got a cooler full of the cold Rocky Mountain goodness otherwise known as Coors here, and I'm dying to share a few refreshing barley beverages with those who have been fighting the good fight... folding as [H]ard and fast as you can to stay ahead.. and wound up a pile of blood soaked roadkill in the end...

I know there are more of you out there...come on and speak up..... five members is a bit.... well... let's just say it's not very [H]ard:p

And whymeintrouble... I'm watching you.... wanna race to 400K?

EDIT... Member list... and I'll try and add newcomers and they join!!

digital_exhaust
alan2308
HighYield
Pocatello
Imitation
[H]ugh Freak
schenksmill
Celerator
Crazy_Larry
jws2346
cereal_killer24
rmdashrrootsplat
nomad8u
MixManSC
Vaulter98c
Kowan
Jathanis

And of course Xilikon deserves some mention here as well....after all, he is the Official keeper of the Club Mascot:)

I think there may be a few more that I'm missing... it's kind of early, and I might have had a few too many last night, so speak up!

Last edited:
Don't forget your trademark picture :

poster28332350.jpg

Whoops.. I forgot to add that....

See!

It's official!

We have a logo/picture and everything!

Yes my [H]ard|Mowed brothers and sisters, there is no shame in membership. We can share tales of folding past and when I could stay in the top 100 PPD. :D

Not only does our logo make us official, it's also my wallpaper!

OOO OOO I want to be in, I was as high as 128 late last year before the quads dropped in price, now I'm sitting at 133! :mad:

Your in!

Pull up a chair and stay a while... and Coors is all I can afford... saving for a quad here:)

Welcome brother. Grab a beer and a cheap folding chair.

If we could afford better beer, we could afford more "D"

I used to be #33 on the team till the SMP client came out.. now I'm #53.. and just got run over by Apollo. Guess I'm in ;)

Thanks for the beer!

I will drinik Coors! Tastes like water!

I'm in. Been folding steadily for years, crept up to position #20 in the [H]orde.
But lately, I've been going backwards (#22) and have lots of [H]ard folders on
my threat list. When I get mowed, I smile because of the science it reflects.

Mow me!

That's the spirit Celerator... I feel exactly the same way....

Nothing better than getting Mowed Over by a fellow [H]orde member... it means that we're one step closer to a cure!!

I'll edit the OP and try and list the current members...... if I miss anyone, let me know!!

Your in!

Pull up a chair and stay a while... and Coors is all I can afford... saving for a quad here:)

If you're saving for a quad, you better start drinking this instead:

schlitz.jpg

Also, I'd like to be in the club too...I dont have anybody in my radar right now but I've been run over so many times I look like Flat Top from Dick Tracy! :D

I'm about to be Mowed Over by MRF :eek:.
Nice going, MRF!
I guess that's one less on my threat list...:eek:

I'm going to add pageian to the club in under 2 weeks ........... :D
He's only just over 450,000 Point ahead.
But after that there's not alot of members left to mow down.

Luck ............ :D

ByteDown[H]ard;1032387981 said:
WOW! Didn't realize how far I had fallen! Was in the low 30s at one point, now 83 and falling.. :(

Perhaps you have found yourself a new home. :D

Perhaps you have found yourself a new home. :D

That's it! Your a damn genius alan!!! I knew there was something that we were missing!!!!

A club theme song!!!

/Cues up a little Jimmy Buffet/

Days drift by....they don't have names,
None of the streets here look the same......
And theres so many quiet places, and smilin' eyes match the smilin' faces....

And I have found me a home....
I have found me a home
You can have the rest of everything I own, cause I have found me a home.....

My ol' red bike gets me around
To the bars and beaches of my town...
There aren't many reasons I would leave, cause I have found me some peace...

Yes I have found me a home

Damn.... now you've really done it.... amethyst_dragon and I were there just about a year ago... God I miss it, truly heaven on earth in my opinion....

So, who's up for it?

A [H]Mowed|Over Club meet up in Key West?

Say, the second week of May? I'll buy the beer and conch fritters!!!!

what is the purpose of this club ? :confused:

To help those of us that get passed by the big dogs around here.... we try and try... but it just seems that the minute we clear our threat lists, the damn thing fills up again...and we get mowed over by folders with gobs o' quads....It's a support group and a place for us broke folks to mooch a free beer and a warm tamale from time to time;)

Seriously, it started out as a joke between alan and I, and it just sort of stuck....It's all in good fun, and hopefully it does a little good here and there. We don't want anyone to feel like their contribution, regardless of how small it may be, is not truly appreciated by everyone here... It's a good thing to see the big dogs fly up the charts... and I for one am proud to have been run over by the likes of Evil and Sunin and HighYield and Kendrak and Crazy_Larry and............the list goes on...

It's an honor to be in such good company here:)

Nothing like a theme song to make it official. :D

And I agree 100%. Its not good for one's ego to get ran over so frequently, but its good for the cause, and its good for the team. I never really expected to compete with really big dogs anyhow.

Besides, even the current top dog Tigerbiten is only accounting for 3.07% of the teams daily output. It took contribution from all 12330 users past and present to get us where we are today.

That's it! Your a damn genius alan!!! I knew there was something that we were missing!!!!

A club theme song!!!

/Cues up a little Jimmy Buffet/

Days drift by....they don't have names,
None of the streets here look the same......
And theres so many quiet places, and smilin' eyes match the smilin' faces....

And I have found me a home....
I have found me a home
You can have the rest of everything I own, cause I have found me a home.....

My ol' red bike gets me around
To the bars and beaches of my town...
There aren't many reasons I would leave, cause I have found me some peace...

Yes I have found me a home

Damn.... now you've really done it.... amethyst_dragon and I were there just about a year ago... God I miss it, truly heaven on earth in my opinion....

So, who's up for it?

A [H]Mowed|Over Club meet up in Key West?

Say, the second week of May? I'll buy the beer and conch fritters!!!!

I thought Billy Joel would be more appropriate...

SIng us a song you're the MowedOverMan....sing us a song tonight....:D

I thought Billy Joel would be more appropriate...

SIng us a song you're the MowedOverMan....sing us a song tonight....:D

Billy Joel is pretty good here too!

Key West sounds like a great place to meet, but it can't be in May....there is Monkey Folding to do :D

It's time for the [H]Mowed|Over Club and the rest of the [H]orde to put the smack down on the rest of those teams that think they will keep up with us.....

Billy Joel is pretty good here too!

Key West sounds like a great place to meet, but it can't be in May....there is Monkey Folding to do :D

It's time for the [H]Mowed|Over Club and the rest of the [H]orde to put the smack down on the rest of those teams that think they will keep up with us.....

Well... I think the whole thing will be over in a week or so.... and the weather is perfect in Key West in May....

In addition to the beer and conch fritters, I'll throw in a few buckets of garlic steamers as well.....

Man... I gotta stop this before I actually buy a plane ticket and head down there.... I'm hurtin' for a vacation:)

To help those of us that get passed by the big dogs around here.... we try and try... but it just seems that the minute we clear our threat lists, the damn thing fills up again...and we get mowed over by folders with gobs o' quads....It's a support group and a place for us broke folks to mooch a free beer and a warm tamale from time to time;)

Seriously, it started out as a joke between alan and I, and it just sort of stuck....It's all in good fun, and hopefully it does a little good here and there. We don't want anyone to feel like their contribution, regardless of how small it may be, is not truly appreciated by everyone here... It's a good thing to see the big dogs fly up the charts... and I for one am proud to have been run over by the likes of Evil and Sunin and HighYield and Kendrak and Crazy_Larry and............the list goes on...

It's an honor to be in such good company here:)

sound interesting, i will consider my membership :eek: :p
what are the perks of the membership btw?

sound interesting, i will consider my membership :eek: :p
what are the perks of the membership btw?

Lots and lots of cheap beer. And tamales I'm told, but theres never any left by the time I get here. :D

Yes... lots of cheap beer... good company and then there are the tamales...

See, here's the thing about the tamales. I live in the southwest corner of Denver... Sheridan to the south and Lakewood to the west...and if any of you have ever had a chance to visit this wonderful part of our beautiful city you'll understand.... This is a very Hispanic neighborhood.. my mother in law rudely refers to it as "the barrio".....:rolleyes:.....but at any rate, the Mexican food here is unreal... and the tamales... well... there is no better breakfast:)

So here ya go alan....

/a dozen warm tamales

Stick em' in the fridge and eat a couple cold in the morning...... yummy:cool:

Yes... lots of cheap beer... good company and then there are the tamales...

See, here's the thing about the tamales. I live in the southwest corner of Denver... Sheridan to the south and Lakewood to the west...and if any of you have ever had a chance to visit this wonderful part of our beautiful city you'll understand.... This is a very Hispanic neighborhood.. my mother in law rudely refers to it as "the barrio".....:rolleyes:.....but at any rate, the Mexican food here is unreal... and the tamales... well... there is no better breakfast:)

So here ya go alan....

/a dozen warm tamales

Stick em' in the fridge and eat a couple cold in the morning...... yummy:cool:

Mmmm....cold tamales......*drool*

Uh oh.....

Where did whymeintrouble go?

He was on my threat list for a while, and I just realized he's no longer on it. I naturally thought that he passed me up while I was passed out (too many beers and tamales last night:)), so I went looking for his stats page, and he's gone:eek:

I'm pretty sure that is his folding handle as well as his user name..... I hope he didn't get into more trouble:p

A folder vanished

ET doesn't want us to have the cure :eek:

Back