GX2 blocks

*drools* i want a skulltrail too!!!

how do you manage to get thsi stuff...

are you related to someone powerfull? cos damn that is awesome...

more picks please...

Skulltrail and pair of QX9775s courtesy of Intel (being a beta tester has its perks). Case and all watercooling courtesy of Danger Den. PSU courtesy of Tagan. Airbrushing (rads, BR Drive, PSU, keyboard, mouse) courtesy of Smooth Creations.

Here are other pics. Keep in mind I started out trying four 8800 GTXS, then replaced with CrossfireX 3870 X2s. Now we are at Quad SLI. I have been experimenting with loop configuration and still am redoing it all.

Dear lord that is some cool shit. I almost had a seizure though looking at all the colors.

I just found out from Danger Den they will have the GX2 blocks available for order on their site either today or tomorrow!

So uh, do you work for Intel, or drive an Intel sponsored NASCAR vehicle? Or whats the deal here? :p

ooh, i jsut had the best idea...

Darth, is it possible to have 2 3870's in crossfire and 2 9800GX2's in quad sli at the same time? i know it sounds like a stupid question, but that would mean you could drive a single 30"er off the GX2's and another 4 monitors off the 3870 crossfire setup...

rofl @ 4x 8800GTXs... is there a thread with test results from this?

ooh, i jsut had the best idea...

Darth, is it possible to have 2 3870's in crossfire and 2 9800GX2's in quad sli at the same time? i know it sounds like a stupid question, but that would mean you could drive a single 30"er off the GX2's and another 4 monitors off the 3870 crossfire setup...

Good question. I have PCI-E riser ribbons so I could connect all four (I have two 3870 x2s with aircooling on them lying around). The only thing is you would have to go 64bit and have a ton of ram

Can't believe they put "Warranty void if removed" stickers right in plain view like that WTF! Maybe i'm OCD but why not at least put the damn stickers on the back side of the blocks where you don't have to see them after installed.

Sorry to rant, Nice setup BTW but first thing I would do is remove those ugly stickers LOL

Can't believe they put "Warranty void if removed" stickers right in plain view like that WTF! Maybe i'm OCD but why not at least put the damn stickers on the back side of the blocks where you don't have to see them after installed.

Sorry to rant, Nice setup BTW but first thing I would do is remove those ugly stickers LOL

next you will tell me to OC my rig . . .you know that voids your warranty ;)

Darth, I just ordered a GX2 block from DD.

Can you give any temp change or OC results?

Have you noticed any issues with the cooler?

Darth, I just ordered a GX2 block from DD.

Can you give any temp change or OC results?

Have you noticed any issues with the cooler?

I am not going to plumb it all unit I receive the Silverstone Zues 1200 PSU, Vadim SB/MCP 100 block, and MIPS ramcooler block. It will probably be about two weeks. I decided since this is my personal rig I am going all out and cooling everything.

I have Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, Danger Den, Fluid XP, Smooth Creations, Crucial, and TribalOverkill as sponsors.

Must be NICE!
I guess you're allowed to keep them after you evaluated. If you don't mind I ask. What do you do?

Wish the GX2 block have a casing for it, to cover the PCB. It look kinda naked, I like the stock housing for the grfx card. Can you tell the Danger Den about this?

next you will tell me to OC my rig . . .you know that voids your warranty ;)

LOL No, actually EVGA is pretty good about that just stepped up some 8800GTX to 9800GTX and read through all the warranty stuff and they even say in the details that if you installed aftermarket cooling you must reinstall the stock cooling before sending the cards in. Was quite surprised as I figured any disassembly of the card would void warranty. I was skeptical at first but really am quite pleased with EVGA after having dealt with them. there were several pieces missing from the cards I returned, CD's and some Molex to PCIE power adapters and according to the terms I was supposed ot be charged 15% fee but they didn't charge me anything just shipped out the new cards and on top of it didn't discount the 100 dollars in rebates I recieved from the cards so i actually ended up getting 2 9800GTX for less than 600 bucks. Seems like a great company to me.

Very happy so far! Think i am going to order a 3rd card for Tri-Sli!

Cheers mate, enjoy your system looks great!

Must be NICE!
I guess you're allowed to keep them after you evaluated. If you don't mind I ask. What do you do?

Wish the GX2 block have a casing for it, to cover the PCB. It look kinda naked, I like the stock housing for the grfx card. Can you tell the Danger Den about this?

I just showed one of the designers your post.

LOL No, actually EVGA is pretty good about that just stepped up some 8800GTX to 9800GTX and read through all the warranty stuff and they even say in the details that if you installed aftermarket cooling you must reinstall the stock cooling before sending the cards in. Was quite surprised as I figured any disassembly of the card would void warranty. I was skeptical at first but really am quite pleased with EVGA after having dealt with them. there were several pieces missing from the cards I returned, CD's and some Molex to PCIE power adapters and according to the terms I was supposed ot be charged 15% fee but they didn't charge me anything just shipped out the new cards and on top of it didn't discount the 100 dollars in rebates I recieved from the cards so i actually ended up getting 2 9800GTX for less than 600 bucks. Seems like a great company to me.

Very happy so far! Think i am going to order a 3rd card for Tri-Sli!

Cheers mate, enjoy your system looks great!
I was just joking ;)

man.. how the heck do you install those waterblocks.. that looks like its a shit of a time doing that!!! :p

any pics of the final setup?

Couple weeks out from being done. I am waiting on a SB/MCP 100 block from BlastFlow, and MIPS ram cooler block, a Zeus 1200watt PSU (which has to go to Smooth to get painted before I install it), and for a new case top from Danger Den.

The GPUS are a pain in the arse to take apart. Once apart the blocks are pretty easy to install.

Back