A word on Abit

Scotch77

Gawd
Let me first say that I have been a user of only Asus products for years. Not just 1 or 2 years but 7. While I build many computers for myself and customers of mine, I have always thought Asus made great products. Though throughout the years of using Asus products they have always had some problem with them, Ive had boards just die, Unstable, some be DoA, others have gone ip in smoke(just one messed up capacitor on Asus). Overall they were good but I was always hindered with problems. Even more so with Higher end boards such as those for OC and gaming. Lower end boards, ya know the basic ones usually didn't have many if any problems.

Over the years I really hadn't noticed the quality of there boards was on the decline, i guess its like gaining weight, ya don't know it as its suttle, but when ya look at a before and after, noy oh boy was there a difference.The difference came when I got my Abit ip35 pro.

When making a new quad core system for my Q6600, i as usual went to look at Asus, the offerings looked poor. I read reviews and they were poor. I asked people and the results were generally mixed. So I decided to look at another company. I looked at Abit and Gigabyte. Since I had not used any other company other than Asus for years, I was a tad nervous at first. Ya know Asus has a reputation for being the best and all.

Well I went Abit and chose the IP35 Pro. Let me tell you that this Motherboard is the most stable and well put together motherboard I have ever handled. Its build quality is second to none of any of Asus options. It worked on the first install, something rare with Asus nowadays, as every 3/5 of them tend to be Doa for me. The Ip35 Pro is also redicuosly stable, it just works and works well. There is no second rate engineering here.

Overall Abit has turned around its practices and this board after a few months of testing is Amazing. By far the Best motherboard I have ever used. Screw Asus and there overprices Crap. If you are looking for a Amazing board and a super price get the Abit IP35 Pro.

Abit and Asus and Gigabyte and... seems like they all swap best board with every chipset release.

To say one brand is always better is nuts.

Overall since 1997 I have owned Abit the most, but I do not have brand loyalty and neither should you. It just happened when I upgraded they seemed to have the best product at that time.

Abit kinda/sorta sucked for s939 and AM2... not the worst but they didn't lead the pack.\

Bottom line, when I buy a board I generally let others leap first. This is the first time in a long time that I went bleeding edge (790i).

Except their S939 and AM2 boards are the only stable ones on the market.

In the real world, benchmarketing is nothing more than a load of crap. Oh boy, an extra .7FPS. Like I give a crap - protip, I don't. Abit has consistently and repeatedly produced the most stable boards on the market, period. They have always had the best stability among desktop boards, period.

And my sympathies on the 790i. Try to be sure the people leaping before you actually know what they're doing.

In the real world, benchmarketing is nothing more than a load of crap. Oh boy, an extra .7FPS. Like I give a crap - protip, I don't. Abit has consistently and repeatedly produced the most stable boards on the market, period. They have always had the best stability among desktop boards, period.

And my sympathies on the 790i. Try to be sure the people leaping before you actually know what they're doing.

Wow. Always the most stable boards period? Erm, sorry must totally and completely disagree 100% with that blanket statement.

BTW who said anything about benchmarking? Are you reading the same op? I mentioned no problems with the 790i yet I have your sympathies... interesting. Care to read into anything else I didn't type?

60% of motherboards you install are DOA? Really?

And yet, my old MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI (skt 939) is still merrily working completely stably over two and a half years later (with a friend now that I've updated). Being a fanboy for any company is stupid; use whatever's best at the time of purchase.

Back