DYLM26E6

freedumb87

n00b
This is my first post on [H]ard but I have lurked a little bit and have found a lot of useful information. Wanted to say a quick thanks to all the members that make it a useful place to find information.

Now to my question.

Office Max is now listing the SOYO DYLM26E6 on their site as an "online only" item. The specs listed include:

26" Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Display
1920x1200 Resolution
2ms Response Time
1200:1 Contrast Ratio
500 nits (cd/m2) Brightness
1-Year Limited Warranty
VGA & Digital DVI Inputs
Windows Vista Certified
176 degrees (H) x 176 degrees (V)
19.62 lbs. / 23.86" (W) x19.37" (H) x10.63" (D)

Is there any way possible for this to be a *VA panel? The response time screams NO but the viewing angle says yes (maybe). I can't find this anywhere on SOYO's website either. What do you guys think? Only reason I saw it was because I was looking at the 24DYLM24D6 model. It is on sale again and I was thinking of running by my local office max to see if it was the TN or VA variety.

I just returned a TN panel (LG2452T) back to Best Buy. The viewing angle wasn't that bad but the colors seemed a little washed out and just blah. So I am in the market again for a 24-28 inch monitor.

So what do you think? Is the new DYLM26E6 TN or *VA?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1227542

With the 24" There's still a chance you can get a VA, I ordered one a few weeks ago and got one made back in November.

This one, you'd honestly have to see in person to check... 24" is $280 right now, vs. $400... $120 for an extra 2" ?

I went to my local store and they had one 24 inch box in stock and it showed 6ms. The price tag however had 399 and wasn't on sale. Sales are regional and we didn't even have an ad this week. The rep said I would have to buy it online if I wanted to get it for 279. I don't want to risk getting the TN if I order online so I guess I will just wait till I find something else.

Thanks

You could order online, and if you don't get a MVA, you could try returning it and swapping at a local store for one... :D!

I went to my local store and they had one 24 inch box in stock and it showed 6ms. The price tag however had 399 and wasn't on sale. Sales are regional and we didn't even have an ad this week. The rep said I would have to buy it online if I wanted to get it for 279. I don't want to risk getting the TN if I order online so I guess I will just wait till I find something else.

Thanks

Ugh thats horrid its no longer on sale, its still somewhat worth a chance to order online as my experience has shown that online stock is usually as old or even older than that found in the brick and mortar with monitors. However the annoyance and tedium should you get a TN and have to return in online :(

You could order online, and if you don't get a MVA, you could try returning it and swapping at a local store for one... :D!

If thats possible though then its definitely worth a shot. Big if though.

Thanks

They'll definitely take it back at the local store if it's within 14 days (I just did it to get a better deal on it).

Hmm, not a bad idea...not a bad idea at all.:) I might have to try this. There was only one left at the store (that I could see anyways). My luck would be that it would be gone before I could get the shipment in. LOL. Oh, what to do.

If you get a TN, and you can't exchange for a 6ms or MVA... you can just return it

Free shipping, so you really don't lose out on anything, cept a little gas driving to the store one time (if you don't get an MVA through the online order)

What's the best way to check to see if its an *MVA panel w/ the Soyo's? (like the Dell's "+" and On button)

What's the best way to check to see if its an *MVA panel w/ the Soyo's? (like the Dell's "+" and On button)

Easiest way to check is with the viewing angles (especially looking from the bottom).

It seems like the TN panels on the 24" soyo began in 12-07. More likely than not this is a TN. I love these SOYO 24" panels I have 6 of them-I do financial trading during the week and game on the weekend(I work from home). I have purchased these panels over the last 6 months and only took back 2. 1 had a single bad pixel, the other was a TN panel. Therefore I am fairly sure that these are TN considering the value of the US$.

I also bought a Hanns 28" monitor on sale at bestbuy for $530 but returned it. I did not find it to be THAT much of a difference for the price of these.

Now if it is a glossy screen I would probably jump on it just for the gaming experience. otherwise I question the value of the $100 difference.

If you are looking for a 25.5 -28" screen particularly then it is a great deal if it is on par with the 24" SOYO and even a TN panel, it is still $150-$200 cheaper than the big name brands. I assume it does NOT have HDCP but is that really needed? Also remember this is targeted to business people, if others can use it then great.

Thanks for your time

Well, the sale is off HOWEVER, if you want one keep looking at the site. The 24" Soyo's go on sale about every other week for $299 and about every other month for $279. If this holds true for the 26" then they may be on sale for $449 next week and every other week thereafter until sometime in June when they may come back down to $399. By that time maybe someone will have bought some and we have some user input.

& Maybe SOYO will get info about it on their website SOON. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if even they know anything about the monitor yet.

this is 400 on officemax site now is this panel any good or just ahorrible tn display? i already own and acer and sceptre 22" looking to trade up.

yeah, i want to know the same.... are they still shipping tn screens or is it up in the air?

i actually would not mind saving the $120 and going for the 24" but its not on their site anymore

also is the 24" that officemax carried the topaz or pearl?

It might be just temporary, maybe theyll get the 24 in stock again

anyone order the 26" from officemax recently? is it tn?

have to bump this.... tried to respond to a newer thread in hot deals, but my post count is less than 50 :(

anyway, was thinking of using this with a $30 coupon at officemax to get it for $349 plus tax....

i hear all the negativity about tn screens but being that for me to get to officemax and search for a 24" mva is tough since i live in manhattan with no car, that is not an option

it seems the majority of lcds on the market for <$600 are tns, so unless I want to spend double for a 24" - this may be a decent deal

in the other thread people says officemax has a bad return policy..... what is the main issue with it?

i wanted to ask if anyone has used and hdmi to dvi cable with this monitor to display tv from there cable box?

It's a TN panel but I don't think it supports HDCP and it has no HDMI port either. I'd get the KDS 26" before the SOYO.

It's a TN panel but I don't think it supports HDCP and it has no HDMI port either. I'd get the KDS 26" before the SOYO.

You're right, there's no HDMI. It supports HDCP via DVI input, not that I really use that feature. But for $379 how can you go wrong?

It's up to the video card to decode HDCP, not the monitor (at least this is what I've seen). That KDS at $400 is a pretty good deal too... do you have a link?

It appears that OfficeMax has ended it's sale of the monitor, and is now in the $570 range. At that price, my recommendation certainly changes.

I just bought it for $210, and I need a DVI cable. Is monoprice still the cheapest?

Is the boxed connection the type this monitor requires?

26864.jpg

/edit: holy fuck, 6.7 years :(
hi2u [H]

I have just checked mine, and the boxed connection you refer to (DVI-D Dual Link) would work, however my own cable is the DVI-D Single Link.

Back