Microstutter in Multi-GPU setups,

Atech

2[H]4U
This artikel is rather interesting:
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=631668

Here the disclosed problem starts: multi-GPU systems often do not succeed in displaying regular distributed frames; it comes to large time intervals between individual images - "micro stuttering" - despite supposedly fluid frame rates. One example: frame 1 is followed by frame 2 after 10 milliseconds, which corresponds to a cadence of 100 Fps. Frame 3, however, is to be seen only 40 milliseconds afterwards, followed by frame 4 after 10 ms.

It seems that multi GPU don't render frames with even "pacing" so there are microstutters..one more reson why I don't do multi-GPU.

Yup big problem at the moment, lots of crap happening with the Multi-GPUs...
Got mine de-activated until there's a fix

Interesting. Although I can't say I've experienced the problem. My old 3870x2 and current 9800 gx2 have never shown symptoms.

I've seen a bit of the micro stuttering on my roommate's SLI setup. Frame rate is awesome because all the particles and stuff are 'animating fine.' But during some rapid movements and such, the screen refreshes very oddly...its hard to explain but I sometimes think it looks like frame tearing when vsync is disabled.

Back