$249 Apple iPhone Refurb's are back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can buy the Apple Care if you want.

As far as the warranty, my understanding is you have one year from the date of purchase. You have to call Apple though and update them that it is a refurbished from ATT so they can extend the warranty to one year from when you bought it vs. one year from the original sales date when the phone was new.

For me, this last weekend I was using the browser (looking at hardforum ironically) when the screen went completely black and the phone got real hot to the touch. The phone wouldn't respond to anything and I couldn't get the phone to come back on. I went immediately to the Apple store and they exchanged it for a brand new iPhone at the Genius Bar (what they call the help desk) so I have had a very positive experience with the warranty service.

can't get at&t in my area yet, so i'm stuck watching all the cool kids have fun. :(

^^You can unlock it and use it with T-Mobile w/o having to activate with ATT.

Man I want one for my girlfriend but I don't know if she wants this more or a Coach purse :(

You're in big trouble if she likes $300 Coach or Dooney and Burke purses:). Ask me how I know!

You're in big trouble if she likes $300 Coach or Dooney and Burke purses:). Ask me how I know!

Umm... you're on exactly on the dot. She wants a purse from Coach or Dooney and Burke(She's only showed me Coach purses cuz I told her I had to go to the bathroom when she was going to the other company's website....). How do you know? lol :p

I think you can use a social security number of 999999999 when ordering and they'll think you mean to activate it as a go phone. Then, just jailbreak it and use your existing sim card if you are already with ATT. If not, you'll have to unlock it too.

I think you can use a social security number of 999999999 when ordering and they'll think you mean to activate it as a go phone. Then, just jailbreak it and use your existing sim card if you are already with ATT. If not, you'll have to unlock it too.

Has anyone tried this? I'm in Canada and want to order one to my US mailbox, so this is what I would have to do to if it actually works...

Has anyone tried this? I'm in Canada and want to order one to my US mailbox, so this is what I would have to do to if it actually works...

Supposedly the 999999999 thing works, at least someone on the fatwallet forums says so.

Update: I just ordered a 8gb not using a AT&T website account and it did not ask me for a SSN. Not sure if the account thing makes a difference but I'm just letting you know exactly what I did.

just got an 8 gig... i'll have to jailbreak it for suncom.... should be fun...

i was planning on saving my stimulus payment... figure what the hey... need to put it back into the (malaysian) economy

even 250 for an 8 gig ipod touch isn't bad...

i payed 20 bucks for my slvr which doesn't have a camera on it or anything... like 2MB flash storage on it too...

Umm... you're on exactly on the dot. She wants a purse from Coach or Dooney and Burke(She's only showed me Coach purses cuz I told her I had to go to the bathroom when she was going to the other company's website....). How do you know? lol :p

Maybe you two are sharing a girl? :D

Back on topic, I want to jump on it now, but the 3G model is supposed to be out in a month... I've waited this long, another little but won't hurt, right?

Also, Apple refurbs are top notch, so no worries on that.

In for an 8 GB. If I get cold feet on unlocking it, I can always resell it I guess.

I still haven't been able to find out if it's possible to completely neuter the internet features of the iphone. I don't want the thing sending or receiving a single byte of data--it is a long story, but I cannot add the $20 data plan to my account, so I wish to use this thing on my existing plan as a phone only. I hope that is possible. I worry about getting a huge data bill because it is silently trying to do magical iphone stuff all the time.

does anyone know a good forum where I can search for answers like that?

Very nice, I might get in on an 8gb. 16gb is too small for me to use as my main player anyway so I might as well save myself the extra $100.

Dude just be glad it's Dooney and Bourke/Coach and not Gucci/Chanel. A used Chanel wallet will run you what a new Coach purse will. :p

In for an 8 GB. If I get cold feet on unlocking it, I can always resell it I guess.

I still haven't been able to find out if it's possible to completely neuter the internet features of the iphone. I don't want the thing sending or receiving a single byte of data--it is a long story, but I cannot add the $20 data plan to my account, so I wish to use this thing on my existing plan as a phone only. I hope that is possible. I worry about getting a huge data bill because it is silently trying to do magical iphone stuff all the time.

Sure you can use it as a phone/iPod only, just be sure to never setup the email and never click on the Safari link. There is no way that I know of to completely disable all data. Also, one of the phone's coolest features that is often overlooked, is the visual voicemail. It lets you see who left you a message and basically downloads the voicemail to the phone so you never actually have to call into your voicemail like you do on a regular phone. I would venture a guess that this feature probably uses data as any download would but I could be wrong about that. I know of no way to turn that feature off either other than rendering it non-useable by jailbreaking the phone and using yoru existing sim card.

Either way, have a look at www.howardforums.com. They have a very active iPhone section of users and you can probably find the right answer to your questions.

i need to know the exact same info... i don't think the data plan is doable on my carrier, but i would still like to use the wifi and etc

I just bought one when it came out before but i sold it. Waiting for the 3G iPhones to come out

How long do these sales usually last? I ordered the 16g but I might want another.

You need an alternate shipping address in order to purchase two. I tried getting one for myself and my brother, but it will automatically cancel the order. I tried a different credit card too.

I think you need a different shipping address AND a different credit card. If your good friends with the neighbor next door then try to get it shipped to them.

BTW: the deal is over, the refirb iphones have been removed from the ATT site. same thing happend when this deal was up two months ago

I got mine the last time it was posted, here's a basic rundown of what to do when you get it.

Plug in the iPhone, restore it to 1.1.4 firmware. Use iPlus (command -u) to unlock, then sync with iTunes. I took the SIM from my old phone and put it in the iPhone, and though both are Cingular, I had to unlock it. Then just put songs and stuff on it and you're good to go.

You can totally shut off data and use Wifi only by downloading "BossPrefs". Download it off of installer.

I don't use a case or protective screen or anything and it still looks brand new. Fingerprint smudges make it look greasy and the included black cloth takes a while to remove them if you don't use a liquid or anything. However, the smudges aren't noticeable unless in direct sunlight.

If you have a problem connecting to Wifi use opendns. Also I can't get a lot of summerboard themes to work, so don't really bother with those.

So will I still get my 16g that I ordered?

I'm hoping I get a shipping email from AT&T. I did receive the order number email. I think I remember reading from last time this deal was up that people received a email telling them the order shipped. can anyone confirm this?

I'm hoping I get a shipping email from AT&T. I did receive the order number email. I think I remember reading from last time this deal was up that people received a email telling them the order shipped. can anyone confirm this?

Yes, they send an email confirrming shipment with your tracking number (shipped DHL). I just got the email a few hours ago and had ordered early in the day.

I had the same problem with my treo. My company decided it wasn't going to reimburse me for the data plan I'd purchased. I cancelled the data plan and never used the email or browser and still got $10 and $20 data charges. I called my provider and requested they block all internet connectivity on my account. I go through Cincinnati Bell and they didn't have any issue doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back