domainkeys issue... help asap! thanks!

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
ok... so i have domainkeys setup on smartertools (ETP server) and on our dns server (ITP server). When email is sent out from smartermail from a user account... domainkeys are authenticated properly = pass...

when I send a test message or any email from our CAMPAIGNs server... that uses "campaign enterprise", smtp authentication... through the mail server... etp.sanitarymaintenancemag.com .... domainkeys fail...

it seems to be generating the wrong key... however we have multiple domains... i turned off all other domainkeys except for sanitarymaintenancemag.com... this is on a different server.

any help?

1. this example is directly from smartermail PASS

From SM_digital Mon May 19 06:14:53 2008
Return-Path: <sm_digaintenancemag.com>
Authentication-Results: mta493.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=sanitarymaintenancemag.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 207.250.223.57 (EHLO etp.sanitarymaintenancemag.com) (207.250.223.57)
by mta493.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 19 May 2008 06:14:20 -0700
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; s=dketp; d=sanitarymaintenancemag.com; q=dns;
h=received:mime-version:content-type:date:subject:from:reply-to:to:cc:message-id;
b=IjwiuvT+tri+4nYf3NS4k+b8SywldEZwghWD6wAxiCuFMM7nEAvS6HsYiaFf9J91Ufj649v3ESUeLsqCigYbGnC61zZD/a7ubE6XLr9TX9PwwZ2DEq1lDaHjCXegVBBY;
Received: from [192.168.100.248] by etp.etradepress.com via HTTP; Mon, 19 May 2008 08:14:53 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary=----_SmarterMail_NextPart_8367655322503283
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:14:53 -0500
Subject: test
Reply-To: SM_ymaintenancemag.com
To: <jereoo.com>
CC:
Message-ID: <1b19a49065cd4depress.com>
Content-Length: 483

2. this is an email from campaign enterprise... sent through the same smtp server... over to the mail server... then out FAILS

From Sanitary Maintenance magazine Sun May 18 23:56:29 2008
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta285.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=sanitarymaintenancemag.com; domainkeys=fail (bad sig)
Received: from 207.250.223.57 (EHLO etp.sanitarymaintenancemag.com) (207.250.223.57)
by mta285.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 18 May 2008 23:56:36 -0700
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; s=dketp; d=sanitarymaintenancemag.com; q=dns;
h=received:from:to:message-id:subject:date:mime-version:x-uniqueid:reply-to:content-type;
b=m0JYQq1Whn04mXzi1m4DYygtIT+4cZwu1+676E0YVX0LNYj90zcNMFdEQgY5DeqmSu4xzbZcTpj1Aijthn7pgZwDeMeAg1mPX88OLgT2PZQEh+v+DIS1OZ6fp4uG5VuX;
Received: from campaigns.etradepress.com [192.168.100.248] by etp.sanitarymaintenancemag.com with SMTP;
Mon, 19 May 2008 01:57:13 -0500

Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Subject: Sales Presentations Get Technical
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 01:56:29 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Reply-To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary.11111111.11111111"
Content-Length: 4478

DomainKey-Status: bad
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 207.250.223.57 as permitted sender) [email protected]; domainkeys=hardfail [email protected]
h=received:from:to:message-id:subject:date:mime-version:x-uniqueid:reply-to:content-type;
b=Nn+vnpAI6tJGvrPl/A+8Pgo8LC5zusM7UwlkU4SGAGK42oc6N1kBMtsISRgnMBnSfpr5AjRVVhC1Z3lmlpOsipkOE5k7wpu3qvmm9eJ3soGD8zJt1ACGQqe9AKb8kbDN;

this was campaign enterprise's response... which they somehow think we use port25 when we don't... not sure where they got that info from lol

"
It would be a better plan to contact Port25 and have them explain the issue. However, I will give you my thoughts and we can see if my understanding is similar to Port25's.

It appears the first email is sent through the Power MTA (pmta) web interface and that means the only authentication is for web access not between the web interface (once you are logged in) and the mta engine's 'umbrella' virtual smtp that sends email for all web interface accounts. The 'umbrella' virtual smtp's domain keys would be set up seperately than the virtual smpt Campaign Enterprise is using. Campaign will be authenticating into a different virtual smtp that needs its own domain key decoder file.

I hope that made sense. Let me know what Port25 says.
"

further reply from CE:... how could i go about doing this? one machine has smartertools with several domains/ips hosted on that server. the CE machine... has one ip... that sends the email over to the other server...

could i add campaigns.etradepress.com to the dns settings for the main domain (that hosts the machine) under etradepress.com 's settings? this is the dns info for the main mail host etp (the machine)... etp.etradepress.com is the domain in smartertools.. hope this isn't getting more confusing. thanks for your help guys... here is their next response:

"This has to do with the mail server DKIM since CE has nothing to do with that.

After reviewing the two headers you so helpfully supplied on the forum, I came up with a couple of suggestions. Try taking the x-uniqueid out of the h tag, or add the z tag for the x-uniqueid. Also, add the i tag with the campaign.etradepress.com as a subdomain. Other than that, the only difference I see between the two is the fact that one was via HTTP and CE's was via SMTP and I did not see any tags that needed to be specified to accommodate the difference."

I got this idea from :
http://www.socketlabs.com/services/dkwiz

maybe i could create domainkey for etradepress.com , etp.etradepress.com, campaigns.etradepress.com ... in the dns... but how would i make the campaign enterprise even a part of the dns? when all it is is a server named campaigns, on a etradepress.com domain that communicates with the mail server etp.etradepress.com ... hmm... would i need to make a virtual smtp server for campaigns? ... i'm just putting all my ideas down in one place

Name Value
_domainkey.campaigns.etradepress.com t=y;o=~;
dketp._domainkey.campaigns.etradepress.com k=rsa; p=MIGf

Back