2x pumps...

porky1011

n00b
Hey guys , if I wanted to build something like this ,

res> pump1 (mc655) Rad1 > cpu > Rad2 > pump2 (mc655) > gpu1 >gpu2 >nb>

would the two pumps in series re-inforce eachother???? soo i have less resistance in my loop???

2 pumps is way WAY WAAAAY overkill for that many blocks, and you dont need it for safety as the mcp655 lasts forever and has a great record for quality

That'd just shoot a big jet of bubbly water at the side of your reservoir opposite the inlet. A single 655 is plenty.

hmmmm..............................

i was told duel pumps would be better......

would align the second pump before the first gpu block.....

i want brilliant temps....its 4 blocks , cpu , gpu , gpu , nb and 2 radiators

if you want brilliant temps (ie only a marginal gain of 1-2C) you should make it 2 loops, having 2 pumps on the same loop doesnt make it any better. infact the 2 pumps would actually be adding extra heat into the water.

High flow is always better but you have to look at the returns - in your case it really isn't necessary.

Now if you had an EK Supreme, two GPU blocks and two rads, yeah you would see some results because the loop would be soooo restricted.

What radiators are you using? I was thinking about doing something similar. One pump should be able to handle it, but if you're set on using two you should split the loop up.

I would say that's enough resistance to justify 2 pumps. Make dual loops or go
pump > 360 > cpu > nb > pump > 240 > gpu > gpu

I would say that's enough resistance to justify 2 pumps. Make dual loops or go
pump > 360 > cpu > nb > pump > 240 > gpu > gpu

Maybe if it were a Eheim 1048 or something, or a Dtek dB-1, but a single Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 should do just fine.

I just want 1 single loop...soo u guys are saying the second pump is a waste...soo should i get 1 pump? will my temps be better or worse with 1 pump??...

also how much tubing do i need? , iv ordered 13 feet , that enuff?

Exactly the same with one pump, assuming one loop. Two pumps is a waste with a single loop. Dual loops will give a bit better temps. That requires two pumps.

I just want 1 single loop...soo u guys are saying the second pump is a waste...soo should i get 1 pump? will my temps be better or worse with 1 pump??...

also how much tubing do i need? , iv ordered 13 feet , that enuff?

With your loop, adding a second pump might decrease your temperatures by around 1c. Worth it? I think not.

13ft is good, but I bought 25ft of masterkleer tubing my first time, and had enough for 5 rebuilds down the line.

I always say 12-20ft plenty for any redos or rebuilds. Pay attention to some sites though, they offer a slight discount if you purchase xx amount of tubing (ex: Jab-tech).

Back