Does the Planar PX2611W come with the Polarize the Doublesight has?

It should if it's new stock, but there is no guarantee that it will.

The Planar is apparently built by the same OEM (PCScan?) as the Doublesight. I believe, going forward, LG will only provide this panel with the A-TW polarizer.

Here is a place to try and order it from:

http://www.directdial.com/997-3497-00.html

Otherwise the price varies to around $1000.00 which is very high.

Regards,

10e

Didnt Doublesight deny that they use a polarizer?

or did they reverse that song? it also might be straight from the manufacturer and they simply provide the housing?

I'm thinking of ordering the Planar today from Provantage. Does anyone have a Planar with the polarizer in it?

Absolutely correct,

The one being mentioned here is the A-TW (Advanced True Wide) Polarizer that also comes by default on the NEC LCD2690WuXi screens as well as the newer Doublesight monitors.

My belief is that LG has simply discontinued the non-A-TW panels in this size and only provides the A-TW panels to manufacturers. I'm assuming they have no more stock of the older ones, but depending on demand, and supply chain, the Planar may or may not have it.

In my mind, it's not a big deal, as the white glow only affects off-angle viewing drastically with dark grey or black screens, and I'm assuming shows up in the corners with on-angle/straight ahead viewing.

Otherwise it's still a top notch panel that provides a premium viewing experience.

Regards,

10e

That's a 3D monitor, so that's a completely different polarizer.

All LCDs have a polarizer, the one people are interested in is one only found on some (hopefully all in the future) of the 25.5" LG H-IPS panels.

Back