DarthBeavis Project Log: Nvidia Globe PC

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
This build is sponsored by Nvidia, Danger Den, Smooth Creations, Performance PCs, and Crucial.

The purpose is to showcase Nvidia's Hybrid SLI technology. I am not sure what the final project name will be yet. The project will premier at PDXLAN 12 in July and will also be presented at Nvision along with several of my other projects which feature Nvidia technology.

First step: Aquire an awesome globe . . .thanks to Spherical Concepts . . .they gave me a really sweet deal!
Here is a shot from their warehouse
and their shot of globe:
apart on my table with prototype of Cherry X backpack to give idea of scale

Danger Den and I are working on acrylic platforms to house the components.

Now that would be nice if you could have the globe rotate/spin around the hardware inside. I am sure this project is going to keep you busy. Looking forward to the results.

should be very cool. I like ShoNuff's suggestion and to add to it maybe have a motor so it slowly spins on its own.

/subscribed

mobo tray ready for action . . .just need the rads and psu back from the the air-brusher (Smooth Creations):

BTW . . .this project it titled 'Terra' now . . .

I'm not too crazy about the green plexi but this should be a very cool project.

Looks cool but add some green LED's to it and who knows you could turn it into a nice Wargames or DEFCON Mod

Schweet! Subscribed. This is going to be an awesome project. :)

need an assistant? you have a quite a few projects going on ;)

looking forward to another DB creations!

Looks cool but add some green LED's to it and who knows you could turn it into a nice Wargames or DEFCON Mod
lol, Wargames is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Now that would be sweet. :p :cool:

Now to add the 250mm fan in the top

finally straight holes . . .

I normally have all my acrylic laser cut at Danger Den but I do not have time to drive out there at least for this project . . .hence the drill press and a scroll saw for making the ram cover to hold the fiber optic cables in place over the ram

nice work man, so which cities are you going to add??

I added ten specific cities like San Jose for Nvidia, Portland/Astoria for PDXLAN/Danger Den, a spot in Romania for a buddy there, a spot in Florida for Slayer from PCAPex and Texas for Geno from Boxgods . . .others such as in India for one of my MBA professors, England, etc. There will be around 60 or so all together tho most are random.

I added ten specific cities like San Jose for Nvidia, Portland/Astoria for PDXLAN/Danger Den, a spot in Romania for a buddy there, a spot in Florida for Slayer from PCAPex and Texas for Geno from Boxgods . . .others such as in India for one of my MBA professors, England, etc. There will be around 60 or so all together tho most are random.

ahem, Atlanta needs one ;)

looking good DB!

I think I got DC cause my bro in law teaches at GW University I think . .

I need to do the ATL for the Ying Yang Twins ;)

Back