Devil May Cry 4 PC DEMO

strend

Gawd
Here's a link! Can't wait to play through this. I stole a friends 360 for a weekend to get a fix when it first came out.

mirrors:
Filefront Link

Here's a link! Can't wait to play through this. I stole a friends 360 for a weekend to get a fix when it first came out.

Thanks!
But remember to correct the link, since you have "may", with a space in between.

I've only run the benchmark, but the game seems really well optimized.

On the highest settings, "Super High" (no anti-aliasing), here are my benchmark results.
lajiiaabn.jpg

Gameplay screen:
http://image.bayimg.com/lajimaabn.jpg

Gorgeous and eel shit slick....Max everything DX10..I like Capcoms PC attitude lately..Now if only Lost Planet ran this well..:p

Benchmark Results..

1920x1080 4xMSAA Settings maxed Rig in sig

Scene 1 123fps
Scene 2 96fps
Scene3 163fps
Scene4 86fps

Gorgeous and eel shit slick....Max everything DX10..I like Capcoms PC attitude lately..Now if only Lost Planet ran this well..:p

you should try it now. Lost Planet Lost colonies edition runs great for me at 1600x1200 with everyone on DX10 settings/enabled.

The original demo seems to run better too.

I played the demo on my PS3 and thought it was horrible. I'm open to different kinds of games but it was a little to out-there for me or it just sucked, I'm not sure.

Thank you for the link, That was really fun. I hadn't played a Devil May Cry game since the original on the Playstaion. Ran great too at max settings, +1 to Capcom.

Yup, just finished playing it and its pretty impressive. Looks great and very smooth. Got constant 60+ fps on 1280x1024 with 4xAA and everything on super high.

Visaully, is there a big difference between the DX9 and DX10 demo? Also, are the framerates significantly lower in DX10 than DX9?

Damn, I had no idea this was even coming out for PC:D Now if only GTA4 would come out on PC i wouldn't have to buy a Ps3...

Heh, I guess I won't get this for my PS3 then. It looks nice from the screenshot. If it lets me use the PS3 controller then it will be awesome.

Holy shit, this game looks awesome @ 1920x1200 Super High 4xAA!!! I capped the frame rate at 60FPS and for most of the tests it ran at 60 dipping to 45 in the second and last scenes. I have to run the test again with the cap off and see if I get results similar to g1xx3r although he's running 1920x1080.

I'm playing at 1920x1200, 16AF, 8AA, DX10, and all settings on super high and it looks amazing and plays great. +1 for Capcom. Seriously, Capcom is better than most PC focused developers nowadays.

Oh, and no trouble with my Logitech Dual Action gamepad, which some games experience trouble with.

Edit: 8AA was too much according to the benchmark so back down to 2AA I go. Now I average at least 34fps which is good enough for me.

Runs extremely smoothly here. Although if you look closely the graphics aren't that detailed. Far less GPU intensive than Lost Planet. Still pretty looking though.

1600x1200, everything super high, DX10, never drops below 60fps (without antialiasing)
Even with 4xAA on, it hovers around 80-100fps a lot of the time although I did see it drop to the 50s

Haven't tried DX9 yet.

The game itself is hard! And the camera angles are still annoying and confusing. Not sure if I like it. I gave up on Devil May Cry 3 after the 1st level.

Looks great, although with Einhanderkiller screenshot it needs some major anti aliasing. Looks way better than DMC3 for PC. Anyone have any info when this game will be released for PC?

AWESOME DEMO OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME PORT! I hope Street Fighter IV for PC comes out this good.

First of all, they have DX9 and DX10 and they properly implemented anti-aliasing support. With my 8800GTX and Core2Duo I am getting liquid smooth frame rates at 1680 x 1050, all settings totally maxed out, 16xCSAA, 16xAF. Looks and plays great.

If all the good XBOX titles were ported like this to PC, I would have no complaints. With the XBOX360 gamepad for the PC, it is like having a super high-end xbox. I really don't care if it isn't totally "made for PC" if they get the important stuff like anti-aliasing right.

They got this one right.

you should try it now. Lost Planet Lost colonies edition runs great for me at 1600x1200 with everyone on DX10 settings/enabled.

The original demo seems to run better too.

Was there a big performance boost in lost colonies compared to the old lost planet?

On topic: Thanks for the heads up! Getting it now! :D

[For some reason the PrntScrn came out as all black, should have used Fraps]

Benchmark Test
Rig in Sig
1280x1024
8x Anti Aliasing

DX10: 106.08 - 56.96 - 117.75 - 58.74
DX9: 110.08 - 61.25 - 127.75 - 60.74

Dx9 got slightly better rates but Dx10 had better AA , shadows and water reflections.

EXCELLENT PORT.

Even with my less than stellar PC I managed to stay at a constant 60FPS in nearly all parts of it. Somehow when I fix the FPS to 60 it will go into slow-mo mode but when I put it to variable it stays at 60FPS. WTF?

Other than that I am impressed. I had major fun with Tomb Raider: Anniversary and now DMC4 is on my list. I think we might be getting good ports from now on. (At least from a few devs). ;)

For some reason, 1680 x 1050 is not showing up as a resolution choice for me. Do I need to do something to set it to widescreen mode?

Was there a big performance boost in lost colonies compared to the old lost planet?

On topic: Thanks for the heads up! Getting it now! :D

my experience is limited since I didn't own the first one and just played the dx10 demo. But the DX10 demo I had to run at 1280x1024 to run smooth and this one I'm at 1600x1200.

But then again I know they patched the official release so I don't know if improvements from that one were present too.

For some reason, 1680 x 1050 is not showing up as a resolution choice for me. Do I need to do something to set it to widescreen mode?

It has to do with the monitor refresh rate. Try setting the monitor refresh rate to 59 or 60 and then see if that opens up the 1680 x 1050 setting. I changed mine from 59 to 60 thinking that was the right setting and I lost the 1680 option and had to go back to 59.

man he had 2 bars left and he killed me with some crazy sword swing :mad:

Ah looks like I need to get a better CPU, my AMD Athlon 4400+ can't keep up with an 8800GT. :eek:

1920x1200, EXTRA EVERYTHING, 4xaa.

DevilMayCry4_Trial_DX10 2008-06-05 21-39-35-36.jpg

The screenshot above is from the machine in my sig.

I tried w/ SLI enabled and Disabled, and go the same FPS in both modes. This tells me that SLI doesnt appear to work in this game. This also makes me want to call BS on the guy w/ the 9800 GX2 on page 1 getting almost double my FPS. Screen shot or it didnt happen.

It has to do with the monitor refresh rate. Try setting the monitor refresh rate to 59 or 60 and then see if that opens up the 1680 x 1050 setting. I changed mine from 59 to 60 thinking that was the right setting and I lost the 1680 option and had to go back to 59.

That was it man...thanks. That's just weird.

Very nice graphics and very smooth fps.

DevilMayCry.jpg

Game looks good, runs smooth. Eh.. I really need to upgrade but im too lazy to start over with ram cpu and mobo,,, lol

I try running in Direct X 10 mode but the colors on the screen are all messed up. Im not sure but maybe this is a driver issue since I'm running beta drivers. I also couldnt change the freq. to 60 hz it only had 59 hz or 75 hz in direct x 10 mode. Everything worked fine in dx9 though.

Running awesome on my [email protected] and 8800GTS 512MB everything maxed out at 1680×1050. I played through this game half way on my 360 and it looks even better on the PC with all of the FSAA and whatnot. They even have the surround sound in this game and I'm using a Playstation controller w/USB adapter and the controls are perfect so I must say it's an awesome port.

I think things are looking up for those that want to play Resident Evil 5 but don't have consoles. Looks like RE4 and DMC3 were the last of the bad Capcom PC ports, heh.

It's kinda funny playing this on PC because I played it so much on my 52" TV everything looks so small on the PC albeit much smoother looking.

DX10 with 16xQXAA 1680x1050 everything at super high, no issues at all. The game is gorgeous, I did not like the game play at all; not my cup-O-tea.

This game indeed needs a controller, keyboard controls feel clunky.

Back