new case Antec P1000 (prototype)

Antec unveiled new case at Computex, it 's a prototype and the case is not finished.
But we can clearly see their new direction in design and i must say that i find it not bad at all. It's a mix between NZXT lexa and Antec P180.

000000072232.jpg

source: www.matbe.com

What's that case right next to it? that seems to look more interesting to me than this one.

Something good but still dropping the bowl on toes as enthusiast case...
Too small:
- Cramped around both bottom and top of motherboard.
- Hard to say bot looks badly that internal depth isn't any better than in 900 so probably cramped also in that direction.

Yes!

It has 8 PCI slots!

This looks like the new direction for all cases.

Plus, it looks like they took some design cues from the Mac Pro case.

Im not sure I like this that much, but I really like the fact that Antec is getting more experimental with their cases. A lot of companies do stuff like this but make a cheap case I wouldn't want. Antec and Lian-Li are starting to make some cases that look funkier but still have some quality.

unless Im miscounting, that seems like It should be the P1100 :) ...As per the style, its soso, but I was never a fan of the original 900

It looks pretty mediocre, though I've never really been a fan of antecs designs.

Looks like cheap plastic... I would only go for something made mostly of metal.

i like the water cooling holes and it looks like it has gills for grills

it doesnt look "dual psu" nor PSU doesnt look standard atx (look at the mounting screws locations, not standard).
looks like they use higher PSU like HELL and HP use in their desktops

Awww man, only 11 bays, that sucks, they should always aim for the proper number, like 12... so you can really take advantage of 120mm fans, drive arrays, or cooling devices.

so this occupies the computer case market's equivalent to "station wagon"? not quite the minivan that is the 1200, but bulkier and more cheaply made than the sedan 900s? actually, that side vent might not look so bad with wood paneling...

Back