Diablo 2 Ladder Reset (June 17th)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Battle.net Page said:
We will be performing a Diablo II ladder reset on June 17 beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT.
The reset is anticipated to require approximately six hours of downtime to complete,
and during that time all Diablo II Battle.net realms will be unavailable for play.
When the reset occurs all existing ladder characters will be moved to non-ladder.
This provides a fresh start and new competition for leveling supremacy on the ladder realm.

Ladder reset Faq from Blizzard:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/faq/ladder.shtml

So anyone want to start on the fresh Ladder with me? :p

US-East: Hardcore:
*Truxhc
*Storm.dll
*bnet_god

w00t i'll be going nuts - Zeal pally normal useast ladder. Ahhh fresh resets are awesome till they get inevitably filled with dupes and stuff.

Wow, they still do resets? I think it is great how Blizzard creates these games and they are still played 10 years later (See StarCraft).

Too bad WoW is taking up all of their time now.

Heh I'll be playing hardcore classic ladder on useast. I sat the last ladder out. Whisper me at *Storm.dll if you wanna join.

Heh I'll be playing hardcore class ladder on useast. I sat the last ladder out. Whisper me at *Storm.dll if you wanna join.

Definitely, I'm *Truxhc on USeast. I'll probably be making a Summon necro first because of them being so easy with no gear.

edit: I'm going to make a list in the first post of people's accounts who are interested in playing.

A ladder reset. I'm there. Well I will be there a week late or so. With the new blizzard tool so you can download the game. You don't need the CD in the drive anymore?
I will be making a Hardcore Classic WW Polearm barb because they look so sweet cruising down the Chaos Sanctuary. Just to die with a horribly placed WW into a thorn auro undead mage. HAHAHA Brings back the good old days.

pizzahut, can you link the blizzard download tool? i think i still have my cd keys around here somewhere.... *goes digging*

I will only play if there is a new patch. Last ladder season was AWFUL. Just a few weeks in and there were duped runes already, and if there is no patch the same thing is gonna happen again.

HAHA No way classic is the way to go. Diablo runs are way more fun than Baal. In hardcore it's always really fun to setup a tp and watch the lowbies jump in there to leech and all die. They are so fast to jump in when you don't get a chance to clear the portal. I can't wait to get started.

I'm going to start playing again. Is there anyway I can play D2 on my 1280x1024 resolution LCD monitor?

If anyone decides to go hardcore, don't play in too many pubs unless you want to get TPPK'd. Get friends you can play alot with and private baal run.

If anyone decides to go hardcore, don't play in too many pubs unless you want to get TPPK'd. Get friends you can play alot with and private baal run.

If anyone decides to go hardcore u need to at least have Redvex with Condom so you have some TPPK protection

Like classic and LOD, but prefer LOD because Act 5 is just so much fun. Plus the assassin is by far my favorite class. I wish I had my cds, because I have three keys for each D2 and LOD.

Diablo2... the main thing I loved is that the economy is amazing. Give me one HR(High Rune for you nubkekz) and in a week or two I will have a fully decked character. Last time I played(a year ago?) I got a free Tals set from a friend. Sold it for 2x SOJs and bought a crappy HOTO for 1x and sold that for 2x. Rinse and repeat, and eventually when you get enough you can build a decked out character and sell/trade it for even more in a bundle pack. (Sell 10x Ice GCs for 10x Lightning for instance, even though Lightning sells for alot more).

Ive tried merchanting in WoW, but I haven't really had the same amount of success as I did in Diablo. In WoW I have gone from 800g-1800g without doing a single quest or killing a single mob... but it has taken alot longer then my week in D2. :D

Hehe wtf. As if I need another reason to return to the "ultimate" grind.

MF. On an untwinked ladder character. Why Blizz, why?

What happens when they reset? How long does it take to build a fully leveld character?

What happens when they reset? How long does it take to build a fully leveld character?

If you power level, i.e. level in the highest exp per respective level, it doesn't even take much more than a couple of nights (normal people nights - not gamer nights haha). Hell, you could probably pull it off in a single "gamer night" if you have someone help out with Act2 staff gathering.

'Course now I have a 8-5 job, so those days of gaming all day are over.

And I just realized something - I'm wondering if Blizz ever took the time to fix they're retarded excuse for dupe protection. Translation: Javazons can't do Baal runs cuz they think fully pierced LF = duping. But...I'm pretty sure Javazons will still cause a game to drop, cuz I doubt Blizz is putting any man-hours into this anymore.

I'm dominating East Hardcore Ladder. Haven't died **yet** level 82 Necromancer. I'm ranked pretty high on ladder :)

Anyone have any tips or links to guides for getting back into D2:LOD? I'll probably make some sort of HC PvM Sorc, but I have no idea what skills to take, items to look for anymore..

thanks for your help!

awesome, i will certainly do that! i may have it up and running tonight... I cannot find my old D2 cd, but I did find my LOD cd... if I am online, I will send you a pm on here to get your char names

Whoa...I thought it was only 640x480 and the new 'higher rez' 800x600 in the expansion pack?

My bad, your right it is 800x600, but there was a 3rd party application I had that allowed you to play up to 1280x1024 but it doesn't work with the new patch, plus I think you can get banned for it. :(

Anyone want to help a newb out? I just started playing yesterday but I invested years into this game when it came out. However, I am having trouble with my lvl 20 necro on normal and some lowly uniques sure would help. :)

*Nomtri USWest

East or West, hard to decide... I'm glad D3 will only have one realm for North America.

Well I created a character on US East:

Account is BassTek
USEAST LOD softcore ladder: Izanami

I rolled a sorcress, not sure what type yet but it will bankroll my other characters I hope.

Rolled up a 'Zon on Useast softcore ladder

oldbane is the account
'zon is Climber

My bad, your right it is 800x600, but there was a 3rd party application I had that allowed you to play up to 1280x1024 but it doesn't work with the new patch, plus I think you can get banned for it. :(

Yeah, you get banned for reshack.

the.dome @useast SC Ladder

i got 2 new toons.

in my experience, the best way to play is pub games only when leeching from bots, all my questing solo, unless i can find a rush. and then trading mostly through forums (d2jsp or dii.net)

if anyone's got the time, i could use a norm diff run

Back