Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM - $35+5

Listed as HP OEM.
I want to recommend it to some friends, but I think I've heard drivers are awkward for those cards, can't use regular creative ones. Confirm, Deny?

I have heard all sorts of stories on OEM.
Can't use the drivers but its the same card.
There is a hacked driver that works.
They are missing some Hardware on the card
etc

I wish someone would post the true story about these OEM cards.

I hope its full retail without any drivers or box...IF SO everyone who has onboard get one of these. WORTH EVERY PENNY

SHOUT
I AM NOT SHOUTING
I AM IN SAMUAL L JACKSON MODE

LOL

Is this the card based on the old chipset and not the ones the Xtreme Gamer and above use?

I have heard all sorts of stories on OEM.
Can't use the drivers but its the same card.
There is a hacked driver that works.
They are missing some Hardware on the card
etc

I wish someone would post the true story about these OEM cards.

I hope its full retail without any drivers or box...IF SO everyone who has onboard get one of these. WORTH EVERY PENNY

SHOUT
I AM NOT SHOUTING
I AM IN SAMUAL L JACKSON MODE

LOL

There are a lot of post about these cards, right here on this forum including some Hot Deal threads. Basically its a pain in the ass if you want to get this working like a real X-Fi card. I picked up a real X-Fi XtremeMusic for $55 free shipping a coupe months back, well worth it, and no aggravation to get it working.

I have a music and a gamer.

The music has been discontinued and only the new gamer remains. IF you could find a music it would probably be 50-60 range but they are rarely seen.

Thanks for the info ocellaris, I have heard sooooo much about oem and how to's and still didn't know.
From this everyone should just skip this card.

If you purchased this soundcard but are having trouble with drivers under XP, I made a torrent with some patched drivers that will allow you to use it as if it were retail with all features.
LINK

btw. I was PM'd a request to post this here;)

I have the Dell OEM version of this card and it runs exactly like a regular X-Fi. The software CD that comes with retail X-Fi cards won't work with OEM cards, but all of the drivers and software on Creative's website will work perfectly.

I have the Dell OEM version of this card and it runs exactly like a regular X-Fi. The software CD that comes with retail X-Fi cards won't work with OEM cards, but all of the drivers and software on Creative's website will work perfectly.

From what I understand, the SB0670 is the HP OEM version of the card, and Creative's retail drivers from their website will only install a the basic drivers and the Audio Console with the most basic settings. For the Entertainment Center app with Entertainment Mode, Audio Creation Mode, and Game Mode settings. Also a few other programs like Smart Recorder and THX Console, Karaoke Player, and others...

But if all you want is sound and don't care about the settings, tweaking the settings to make it sound the best, then ya go for just the drivers from Creative's site, they'll fit you just fine.

From what I understand, the SB0670 is the HP OEM version of the card, and Creative's retail drivers from their website will only install a the basic drivers and the Audio Console with the most basic settings. For the Entertainment Center app with Entertainment Mode, Audio Creation Mode, and Game Mode settings. Also a few other programs like Smart Recorder and THX Console, Karaoke Player, and others...

But if all you want is sound and don't care about the settings, tweaking the settings to make it sound the best, then ya go for just the drivers from Creative's site, they'll fit you just fine.

Interesting. Maybe the HP OEM card is different from other OEM cards?

Alchemy, Console Launcher (Entertainment Mode, Audio Creation Mode, and Game Mode settings), WaveStudio, Smart Recorder, MediaSource Player/Organizer, etc. all work fine with my Dell OEM card and they can be downloaded from creative.com.

Back