Diablo 2 Widescreen mod or Patch?

Krenum

Fully [H]
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has come across a widescreen patch or mod for this game, I downloaded a widescreen patch for Fallout the other day and its really nice, was wondering if someone had made one for diablo 2? Thanks.

Link for Fallout patch please? I'm gonna be deployed for 3 months near Oct and I plan on playing both 1 and 2 since 3 and some other games I want to get will release while I'm gone.

That would be nice if you could play D2 in higher than 800x600. But then you could teleport across maps in less than 10 teleports.

AFAIK that patch for fallout and planescape torment only works for games running that game-engine that these titles use. Diablo is made in another engine. That being said maybe you're lucky there's a mod that does this for diablo too but if you cant find anything off google I don't think your chances are very good.

I saw a 1024 and a 1280 patch somewhere..Never did try it, but it would be great if you had more resolution.
I don't think either one was widescreen

Man that game is still one of the best out there.

All they need to do for D3 is make HIGH graphics and better textures and something like the LOD addon and I would buy it again.
Heck they don't need to mess with perfection BUT knowing Buzzard IF it comes out it will NOT be diablo but "D3 Online" $14.99 a month and take a year to make it to Hell Difficulty.

Diablo 2 is never going to officially support higher resolutions. Using a higher resolution than 800x600 will change the way the game is meant to be played. You will be able to see way too far ahead, ruining any element of surprise, as well as many other game-breaking results. There's a video on youtube of someone running a mod that allows them to play in 1280x1024. The pvp results are not pretty for the opposing players. D2 is a dated game, and because it uses isometric projection, it's never going to receive a resolution upgrade. Any unofficial way to do it could possibly get you banned, so I wouldn't suggest trying it.

Link for Fallout patch please? I'm gonna be deployed for 3 months near Oct and I plan on playing both 1 and 2 since 3 and some other games I want to get will release while I'm gone.

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

You need specific versions of both games to be able to install and use these patches... check those pages and the NMA forums for details as it can be somewhat of a hassle. It's worth it, though.

Stay safe on deployment.

Last time I ran through this game I used a glide wrapper and it seemed to automatically put it in widescreen. I could see black blocks on the ground near the edge of the screen, as if it wasn't loading (not truly supporting widescreen though you could see it). I could also see enemies that were not attacking.

So you're saying I can play it using 2560x1600 resolution then? :D That would make it an entirely different experience once again. lol

I played Diablo 2 with this patch for awhile but never had any luck with 2560x1600, the game just wouldn't start. 1920x1200 worked fine but there was some artifacting. I think I ended up sticking with 1680x1050.

You can even play over LAN with the widescreen patch but I think BNET may recognize it as a cheat.

I thought multires didnt work in 1.13 or whatever. I used to use it all the time when I played on a private server.

Diablo 2 is never going to officially support higher resolutions. Using a higher resolution than 800x600 will change the way the game is meant to be played. You will be able to see way too far ahead, ruining any element of surprise, as well as many other game-breaking results. There's a video on youtube of someone running a mod that allows them to play in 1280x1024. The pvp results are not pretty for the opposing players. D2 is a dated game, and because it uses isometric projection, it's never going to receive a resolution upgrade. Any unofficial way to do it could possibly get you banned, so I wouldn't suggest trying it.

So I am assuming this is going to be the same case for Diablo 3? Kind of like how Starcraft 2 is? Higher resolution textures but the field of view will remain constant across all resolutions?

I was kind of hoping to go multi monitors specifically for this game since I am anticipating it so much, but I guess that would be pointless.

So I am assuming this is going to be the same case for Diablo 3? Kind of like how Starcraft 2 is? Higher resolution textures but the field of view will remain constant across all resolutions?

I was kind of hoping to go multi monitors specifically for this game since I am anticipating it so much, but I guess that would be pointless.

Yes, there was already a huge controversy about the field of view and multi-monitors with SC2 back when it was beta. If were able to see further than you opponent it would be game breaking. This is why SC2 will probably never properly support multi-monitors and even if it did the field of view would be the same.

this is where eyefinity would really shine - games like sc2 and the upcoming torchlight 2... imagine if those games were able to take full advantage of insane resolutions!?

if even for just an offline mode - torchlight across 3 monitors would be the ish

I thought multires didnt work in 1.13 or whatever. I used to use it all the time when I played on a private server.

D2 Multires works fine, I'm running it today on WIN 7 X64 Enterprise @1680x1050 with no issues. Anything higher than that res and the game gets odd graphical artifacts.

Yes, there was already a huge controversy about the field of view and multi-monitors with SC2 back when it was beta. If were able to see further than you opponent it would be game breaking. This is why SC2 will probably never properly support multi-monitors and even if it did the field of view would be the same.

That's the same BS argument that Dice/EA made for the old Battlefield games not supporting widescreen.

D2 Multires works fine, I'm running it today on WIN 7 X64 Enterprise @1680x1050 with no issues. Anything higher than that res and the game gets odd graphical artifacts.

Was broke last time I tried to use it. I'll try it if I ever reinstall D2 again lol

FoV changes in FPS games are too small to be even close to game breaking and really has more to do with shit like being able to play Borderlands for extended periods of time without getting headaches. I used to play Diablo 2 in a private server at 1440x900 windowed (could have gone a lot higher) and yes balance wise it's very broken. I could see several times more than most people could.

using this in multiplayer is indeed cheating... but it can breath new life into single player gaming.
I only tested it as high as 1920x1200 resolution myself, since this is as high as my monitor goes.

Not like it mattered since dueling was so fucked anyway and the best tactics relied on bugs in the game.

Back